Talksport Chat (Part 12)

The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Boozie told the nation in the first hour 12 times on his show
that, the game was LIVE on tS :(:( wot a borefest ! )

I heard jeff on SP1 ...... say Davy had the better bench , than ... bayern:confused:

.... boozie will have only found out the score, when he get his arse out of his bed @ 4ish ................. trust me .......... This is why I lurve this thread , when I kick that LEEDs & SHEFFIELD WED
H S
Continuation of: Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawd Ive won again, ........... Jack & Billy................. just like the auld days bhoys .. *Sniggers*:D
  • Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawd Ive won again, ........... Jack & Billy................. just like the auld days bhoys .. *Sniggers*:D

Sleeper do you sit by your computer months on end waiting for the next continuation to arrive it's uncanny how you get your ass in first and post in a new part. :D
    Man Utd out then, not exactly unexpected was it, will it be Davie's fault tomorrow marnin in the talkSPORT studio when Al pipes up?, ... of course not, .... "Ah only saw th' first half coz Ah hae tae gie mah sleep but it wasnae wee Davie's fault aam nae havin' 'thaaat." :D
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Sleeper do you sit by your computer months on end waiting for the next continuation to arrive it's uncanny how you get your ass in first and post in a new part. :D
    Man Utd out then, not exactly unexpected was it, will it be Davie's fault tomorrow marnin in the talkSPORT studio when Al pipes up?, ... of course not, .... "Ah only saw th' first half coz Ah hae tae gie mah sleep but it wasnae wee Davie's fault aam nae havin' 'thaaat." :D

Billy, I swear you talk our lingo , tae a tee mucker ! :p

Night mate ! :)
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to state the bleedin' obvious, but without ads, there would be no Talksport. It's not a charity, the ads pay the bills. No ads, the transmitters go silent. It's a basic fact of commercial radio. If you don't want ads, listen to Five Live.

I perhaps should have made myself clearer in my previous post - I've no problem with adverts, I appreciate they pay for the station I enjoy listening to. But as someone who primarily listens to talkSPORT online, I'd like it if they found an alternative to the current supplanting of the London and South-East regional commercial breaks with the generic online-specific adverts which more often than not end later than their analogue and DAB equivilants, meaning those of us listening through web-based means miss out on bits of their programmes. It's annoying but hopefully it's a glitch they can iron out.
    Joe19 wrote: »
    I normally hear when listening through TV on Freeview 723.

Last time I checked, talkSPORT's digital TV platforms - Freeview channel 723, at least - take the regional advertising that goes out on AM in London and the South-East as the station's DAB mux does, which explains why you hear ticket promotions for Millwall and other London football clubs as well as commercials for "the big red building on Golders Green Road" when listening via that means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George Galloway speaking publicly about the happy times he had a talkSPORT, what a good show that was now replaced by more premiership football chat. George is hoping to get back on radio soon but concedes it won't be back on talkSPORT because of the bleedin obvious. :(
    Just hearing the voice again made me long even more for how it once was.

http://bit.ly/Q6YATt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final post of the day from me and I thought I'd end it by playing a song from that wonderful crooner and songsmith Nigel from Maidstone. Since the station going all sport Nigel's found work as a bouncer on Mothercare doors as he no longer has his record sales royalties coming in any more to support him now he can't get on air, this is one of his classic performances performing the song Misty.

Sorry the record ends abruptly it refused to take any more. :D

http://bit.ly/1iyFWvY
  • FluffskiFluffski Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    [Last time I checked, talkSPORT's digital TV platforms - Freeview channel 723, at least - take the regional advertising that goes out on AM in London and the South-East as the station's DAB mux does, which explains why you hear ticket promotions for Millwall and other London football clubs as well as commercials for "the big red building on Golders Green Road" when listening via that means.[/QUOTE]

I'm Manchester based and ad's on DAB (via Car) are South East/London based. I actually think the most irritating adverts are more for TS output. Via TuneIn I the following ads play about 4 times an hour, and I've listed in order of my top 3 most irritating:

1. Weekend Breakfast with Bingham & Quinn 'georgie...'
    2. PressPass - 'read all abou it'
    3. Stan James
  • Joe19Joe19 Posts: 1,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame the adverts are so repetitive, but worse is that the jingles have become so poor. TalkSport, for all it's problems and failings, used to provide some fantastic trailers for programmes- Dear Stan, King of the Gingers, many Jack Bannister variations. Now they are quite poor, especially the Georgie "French" trailer.
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

:o:o That's It you are on IGNORE! :D
  • FluffskiFluffski Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Joe19 wrote: »
    It's a shame the adverts are so repetitive, but worse is that the jingles have become so poor. TalkSport, for all it's problems and failings, used to provide some fantastic trailers for programmes- Dear Stan, King of the Gingers, many Jack Bannister variations. Now they are quite poor, especially the Georgie "French" trailer.

That's very true. Some of the old jingles were well put together and genuinely witty. It all feels so lazy and slack now.

Glad someone's with me regarding the 'Georgie' trailer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is strictly for the old guard in here ok anyone else won't be interested. In fact frankly I don't think the elders will be much fussed either if I'm honest but hey I think it's something different.

Here's video footage of the UK's finest singer and performer Nigel from Maidstone SINGING LIVE IN PERSON and that's NEVER been seen before by any of us.

Click to see a leg end
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    This is strictly for the old guard in here ok anyone else won't be interested. In fact frankly I don't think the elders will be much fussed either if I'm honest but hey I think it's something different.

Here's video footage of the UK's finest singer and performer Nigel from Maidstone SINGING LIVE IN PERSON and that's NEVER been seen before by any of us.

Click to see a leg end

I'm sure that was a younger Nigel before he bludgeoned his mother and buried her in the garden. :D Who are all the normal people that you see in the end.?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    I'm sure that was a younger Nigel before he bludgeoned his mother and buried her in the garden. :D Who are all the normal people that you see in the end.?:confused:

Nigel is a little older than I expected, to be honest about it Jack I kinda admire his spirit getting up singing like that I bet in reality he's a right old character is Nige. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly's in for Hawksbee I believe, don't listen to that show (believe it badly needs a new makeover after all these years) so don't know if it includes tomorrow as well. Is there any show on talkSPORT that Danny Kelly has not stood in for someone on because apart from the fishing show I can't think of one???.
    Either Kelly likes working shift work and being messed about or the management don't rate him highly enough to have his own show which is ridiculous when they've plunged the depths they can (yea deepeth deptths) to give shows to Quinn, Vaughan and Forde.
  • Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly's in for Hawksbee I believe, don't listen to that show (believe it badly needs a new makeover after all these years) so don't know if it includes tomorrow as well. Is there any show on talkSPORT that Danny Kelly has not stood in for someone on because apart from the fishing show I can't think of one???.
    Either Kelly likes working shift work and being messed about or the management don't rate him highly enough to have his own show which is ridiculous when they've plunged the depths they can (yea deepeth deptths) to give shows to Quinn, Vaughan and Forde.

Good question. Danny has always fished in several pools so he may well have a lot of other commitments and like working in this freelance fashion

Danny has been a capable replacement for Paul H this week. He works well with Andy.
    Speaking of stand-ins - Vaughn is in for Murray. No thanks!
  • GrouchoMGrouchoM Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Kelly - for radio stations than can't afford Danny Baker
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GrouchoM wrote: »

.. emmm ... I think TS would happily pay whatever Danny Baker asked for to come on board, Danny B doesn't want to know, and who can blame him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I'll say it again, Darren Gough is just awful. Arrogant and clueless.

Why do Talksport persist with him when they probably have a half dozen other presenters who could do his job competently?

Edit: And now him and Durham they're taking the piss out of Chris Hughton. A guy who was decent enough to come on their show a few weeks ago. Those two are bad eggs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Afternoons are the only time I have to listen to talkSPORT, and I'm a big H&J fan. But today was too much of Danny Kelly, the guy just never shuts up ! (some who don't like Andy Jacobs would say that's an improvement :) ) I think he's on next week as well, I'll have to find some cd's to listen to .
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry Groucho, but I think that's a bit of a silly post and it certainly isn't true.

Prior to Moz Dee becoming programme director at talkSPORT and making one of his first acts to sign up Danny Kelly as then the weeknight presenter of Kick Off (this was 2008, a year before Mark Saggers arrived at the station), Kelly had become one of the regular cover presenters on Radio 5 Live - he had the same kind of standing there (first choice of deputies on suitable shows when someone was away) back then that he has on talkSPORT now - and was also the regular sports presenter on BBC London, both being stations that Baker has also appeared on.

I realise he's not to everyone's tastes, but Kelly is an engaging broadcaster, who's versatile and knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects. He's much more malleable than Baker and would be an asset to station's with a broader remit than talkSPORT as he is clearly capable of doing music and current affairs programmes well.

As well as being a former regular presenter of Kick Off and having covered the weekday and weekend breakfast programmes, mid-mornings, Hawksbee & Jacobs, Drive Time, the 10pm-1am and overnight shows (both when they have been sport and non-sport programmes), Matchday Live, Call Kelly-more, Sunday Exclusive and of course being the regular host of My Sporting Life; he can add golf to his bow as he's presenting a Masters Special on Sunday night with Bob Bubka and Rupert Bell. He did a couple of these Sunday night golf reaction shows on the final day of Major championships last year, so this won't be a completely knew task for him.

In answer to Billy's question, I think the only current talkSPORT programmes he's not covered are other non-football sport-specific programmes like A Fisherman's Blues, Full Contact and Fight Club plus The Press Pass (as he's not a print journalist in the traditional sense) and newer shows Up The League and The Warm-Up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Groucho, but I think that's a bit of a silly post and it certainly isn't true.

Prior to Moz Dee becoming programme director at talkSPORT and making one of his first acts to sign up Danny Kelly as then the weeknight presenter of Kick Off (this was 2008, a year before Mark Saggers arrived at the station), Kelly had become one of the regular cover presenters on Radio 5 Live - he had the same kind of standing there (first choice of deputies on suitable shows when someone was away) back then that he has on talkSPORT now - and was also the regular sports presenter on BBC London, both being stations that Baker has also appeared on.

I realise he's not to everyone's tastes, but Kelly is an engaging broadcaster, who's versatile and knowledgeable about a wide variety of subjects. He's much more malleable than Baker and would be an asset to station's with a broader remit than talkSPORT as he is clearly capable of doing music and current affairs programmes well.

As well as being a former regular presenter of Kick Off and having covered the weekday and weekend breakfast programmes, mid-mornings, Hawksbee & Jacobs, Drive Time, the 10pm-1am and overnight shows (both when they have been sport and non-sport programmes), Matchday Live, Call Kelly-more, Sunday Exclusive and of course being the regular host of My Sporting Life; he can add golf to his bow as he's presenting a Masters Special on Sunday night with Bob Bubka and Rupert Bell. He did a couple of these Sunday night golf reaction shows on the final day of Major championships last year, so this won't be a completely knew task for him.

In answer to Billy's question, I think the only current talkSPORT programmes he's not covered are other non-football sport-specific programmes like A Fisherman's Blues, Full Contact and Fight Club plus The Press Pass (as he's not a print journalist in the traditional sense) and newer shows Up The League and The Warm-Up.

I'm a huge Danny Kelly fan. Given some of the dross that masquerade as 'presenters', I'm grateful that TS has Kelly on its books - the more shifts & shows he covers, the better as far as I'm concerned!

Sometimes he might talk over someonbe or go on for a bit, but at least he does it in decent enough English, unlike someone like Darren Gough!

Man, he makes my blood boil!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone should tell Bob Bubka it's the back nine not the back side.
  • RightHandPillarRightHandPillar Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I'm a huge Danny Kelly fan.

Me, too. Loads better than Danny Baker in my opinion. Baker is vastly overrated. Baker tries to be too clever on the radio (especially when talking about football) but his Twitter feed is pretty good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely this sums things up. This morning on the Colin Murray Show, they had their usual load of ads...returned back to the studio when no more than 2 mins later, Jonny Vaughan said 'we'll be back after the break'...upon which studio guest, Bob Mills said 'what? another one??'!!!

Sums TS up at the moment
  • Mallory99Mallory99 Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, too. Loads better than Danny Baker in my opinion. Baker is vastly overrated. Baker tries to be too clever on the radio (especially when talking about football) but his Twitter feed is pretty good.

I'm in the Kelly camp. I never 'got' Baker. I remember him having a meltdown on 5live and getting the sack. Couldn't make head or tail of what had made him so irate.
This discussion has been closed.