One Big Happy - Ellen produced comedy starring Kelly Brook

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Been aware of this for a while through following Kelly on Twitter and i've just noticed that the official trailer is now out

http://youtu.be/8x9LMmCv03E

Not so sure about it though. With Ellen behind it, I can see it probably getting at least one full season but .. hhmmmm ...

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Kelly has been cast on the basis of her two best assets lol ! I actually like Kelly and think she has a great comic wit. This actually looks ok. Nice to see Elisha Cuthbert again too.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Kelly on Celebrity Juice. She was certainly quite witty on that and was always up for a laugh. I have trouble seeing her as an actress though because it's something that she doesn't really seem that suited for, and she does sometimes come across as a bit flat.

I do think i'll give this a go though so hopefully i'll be surprised.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am kinda looking forward to this

Despite being around longer, Kelly brook is the UK's version of Megan Fox. Good looking, great breasts but utterley talentless and an utter terrorist to acting,

Elisha Cuthbert should save this. She was great in Happy Endings.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [Full disclosure - I haven't watched this trailer, but...]

Kelly Brook must have the greatest agent in the world - she's a very attractive lady, let's not deny it, but how does she keep getting job after job outside modelling? She couldn't even read an autocue on the Big Breakfast, was out-acted by the scenery in Smallville, and dumped from Britain's Got Talent, yet she keeps getting work thrown at her... amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had some time to kill this morning so watched the first episode and I must confess to being pleasantly surprised - a lot funnier than I was expecting.

I still don't really rate Brook as an actress but it did seem to kind of work here. I'll certainly stick with it since there doesn't seem to be any real interest yet from any channel here.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was average at best. Very old-fashioned and over-played by the cast. Kelly was pretty much the same as she always is. Nice and easy on the eye.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    I see Kelly has been cast on the basis of her two best assets lol ! I actually like Kelly and think she has a great comic wit. This actually looks ok. Nice to see Elisha Cuthbert again too.

She's witless to me lol
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Critics are slaughtering this and the comments I've read from her seem to indicate the whole thing is built around her massive norks. Same as the rest of her "career" then......
  • MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll last one season and then it'll be cancelled. Kelly is a very pretty woman but she's no actress.

Also, having seen a trailer, it looks OTT and cheesy which is a shame because I love Ellen!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoJo-Girl wrote: »
    It'll last one season and then it'll be cancelled. Kelly is a very pretty woman but she's no actress.

Also, having seen a trailer, it looks OTT and cheesy which is a shame because I love Ellen!

I've seen it. It isn't bad. Elisha Cuthbert is good but you are right Kelly Brook is no actress and there isn't really any chemistry between her and the male co star.

They had her naked but had the bits blurred out.

I think it will be a one season show too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I did like the first episode, i do also see a single season but i'd probably even go so far as to say that it may well not even get the back nine - i haven't read anything about it being given a full season order anywhere.

Maybe Ellen will pull in a few favours to see if she can get that, but I can't see it. That said, i'll certainly stick with it for the duration as I liked the first episode.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I did like the first episode, i do also see a single season but i'd probably even go so far as to say that it may well not even get the back nine - i haven't read anything about it being given a full season order anywhere.

Maybe Ellen will pull in a few favours to see if she can get that, but I can't see it. That said, i'll certainly stick with it for the duration as I liked the first episode.

I watched it last night, it was alright, nothing special, but I’d probably give it a chance.
    I do like Kelly Brook, but I agree that she’s not a good actress. There’s a reason she spend a lot on the first episode totally naked.

As for getting a full season or a ‘back 9’ order, I think this is a mid season replacement type show, so the plan is probably for the first season to only be 13 episodes. Most of which are probably already produced so unless it does awful I think all will at least air. Whether it returns for a second season is a whole other question.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've still to watch this yet, I hope it does well for kellys sake, she is lovely
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Kelly Brook evidently is from the Kat Dennings acting school of all ta-tas and no talent.

That apart, it's not a bad central premise for a sit-com and Elisha Cuthbert is more capable at comedy than drama. I'll probably watch another episode or two to see if it gets better.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lasted about 2 1/2 minutes. The heavy use of a laugh track for gags I found totally unfunny drove me away before I could reach any nudity ;-). Seemed very unoriginal for the tiny bit I saw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I lasted about 2 1/2 minutes. The heavy use of a laugh track for gags I found totally unfunny drove me away before I could reach any nudity ;-). Seemed very unoriginal for the tiny bit I saw

Personally I think 'The New Normal' did the 'gay couple surrogate' sitcom thing better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the second episode - oh dear.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I thought it was average at best. Very old-fashioned and over-played by the cast. Kelly was pretty much the same as she always is. Nice and easy on the eye.

The acting was very over the top but some of it was funny, hopefully the cast will calm down a bit. I prefer the different type of new comedies like Shitts Creek.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not too bad, still feels a bit too forced, but I'm mainly watching for Elisha Cuthbert, even if she is playing a lesbian who wears too much flannel. :)