Sky Sports for £19 a month for 12 months

St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
Forum Member
✭✭
I might be being slow but I haven't seen this reported anywhere I look,
I received a letter from VM yesterday offering me the full suite of Sky Sports channels for £19 a month for 12 months.
I know this isn't as good as the season pass they offered last year but it still seemed a good deal to me as you don't have to pay upfront for it.

If anyone hasn't received the letter but wants the offer I think the salient information in this letter is the following:-

Call 0800 052 0289 . Quote "Sky Sports offer"

Comments

• anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have had this offer. You can also upgrade online on you virgin media page. For information you do not have Sky Sports in for the year. However, once you downgrade again the offer stops even if you add sports again at a later date.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had this offer. You can also upgrade online on you virgin media page. For information you do not have Sky Sports in for the year. However, once you downgrade again the offer stops even if you add sports again at a later date.

Its quoting £29 to add sky sports online.
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    £230 for the year and what length is the contract , maybe 2 years at full price , better of with a F5 box, I would never go back to Sky.
  • swb1964swb1964 Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £230 for the year and what length is the contract , maybe 2 years at full price , better of with a F5 box, I would never go back to Sky.

What is a F5 box?
  • gtfc1984gtfc1984 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    This deal must still be on, just got of the phone to retentions.

I am a current subscriber to Sky Sports and Sky Movies with £7 extra a month for HD total monthly cost £41.25, without HD would be £34.25.

I now have the same as above all for £33, without HD would be £26.

She did say she thought the deal expired but managed to get it on my account this morning and the price is for 12 months. The deal can also be on just sports for £19 or £26 in HD.

Get on this folks be its too late.
  • St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to revive an old thread,
    but just to let you know if like me you took up this off then you receive a letter saying your Sky Sports sub is going up by £2 a month (as I did today) phone up and complain.
    I did this and have had the £2 increase taken off after I pointed out they guaranteed I'd only pay £19 a month for 12 months when I took up the offer.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St@mmie wrote: »
    Sorry to revive an old thread,
    but just to let you know if like me you took up this off then you receive a letter saying your Sky Sports sub is going up by £2 a month (as I did today) phone up and complain.
    I did this and have had the £2 increase taken off after I pointed out they guaranteed I'd only pay £19 a month for 12 months when I took up the offer.

Thanks for the heads up i got a letter yesterday and phoned them and they said that nobody on the 12 months for £19 on Sky Sports would be affected.I will keep an eye on my bill though.