Christina Aguilera
    Norah Jones
    Kirsty MacColl
    Mariah Carey
    Tori Amos
    Paloma Faith
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'm going for Dusty Springfield- so many reasons but her voice is probably the best female voice Britain has ever produced.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm I wonder who the puppy capitals are aimed at... :rolleyes: Ah well, can't win them all.

But I say, that GaGa's rather talented, isn't she?
  • Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definitely Dusty Springfield. The original and the best.

In terms of entertaining people Madonna, Kylie, Beyonce and Lady Gaga are talented. But vocal ability and sheer unique talent has to go to Dusty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately Madonna!:cool:

She might not have the best voice ever but she does have a good voice and she is an AMAZING songwriter! She has written iconic and legendary pop songs like Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Into The Groove, Music, Hung Up, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart etc.

She is also the best entertainer of all time IMO!!!:)
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in terms of entertainment im gonna go with britney, roisin murphy is also one id go for as well as maybe gaga and perhaps beyonce.
  • Cha Cha HeelsCha Cha Heels Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -red10laf- wrote: »
    Definately Madonna!:cool:

She might not have the best voice ever but she does have a good voice and she is an AMAZING songwriter! She has written iconic and legendary pop songs like Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Into The Groove, Music, Hung Up, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart etc.

She is also the best entertainer of all time IMO!!!:)

RUBBISH

Madonna used to be of the 'add a word, claim a third' school of songwriters. Now she's deteriorated to adding her vocals to pre-recorded tracks. That's why her new album is out this year, just a few months after she 'recorded it'. All she's doing is adding vocals to other people's songs. Madonna's only talent was in clever marketing. FACT.
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're talking about the most talented female vocalist in music, it's easy, Celine Dion.
  • GorkyGorky Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I's hard to pick just one as the most talented when they're all so different. I suppose that's why the OP said woman and then made a list!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna's only talent was in clever marketing. FACT.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, there's no fact in that, because you do not know exactly what goes on behind the scenes of Madonna's record label.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At this moment in time, Taylor Swift without a doubt.

But going back through time, its hard to say who is the most talented as you first need to define what is meant by the word talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christina possibly. But Gaga's very talented too... *runs and hides*
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe no one mentioned PJ Harvey, she's up there with the best Britain has to offer. Past and Present. An absolute genius.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cctps wrote: »
    If we're talking about the most talented female vocalist in music, it's easy, Celine Dion.

Despite the career she has had, she is terribly overlooked these days. I agree with you.
  • You_Tell_MeYou_Tell_Me Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Karen Carpenter.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    actually not dusty.... shes arguably the best singer, but kate bush is far superior as an all round artist as she composes and arranges her own unique material.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would probably put Kate down on the list, as well as Joni Mitchell circa 1968 -1979

Also Cheryl Cole must get a special mention, someone who has made a fortune with very little talent.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ Harvey.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many to chose from, but from "popular music" it would have to be without a doubt Connie Francis...

...who not only recorded and had hits in at least five languages performed live in them too along with transcending several genre including classical http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPvWgK0ICMI

And if you are one of those who only remember her for songs like Lipstick on Your Collar and think that was what she was about then listen to that clip and think again!

I'll leave you with...

Vaya Con Dios http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJCs_qYFI0
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    I'm very surprised no one's mentioned Adele yet. I'm not a huge fan but her Brits performance had me mesmerized.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely the most talented female artist is one who can sing, compose, play instruments, and arrange their material... so all those votes/nominations for artists who can only sing are void...
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely the most talented female artist is one who can sing, compose, play instruments, and arrange their material... so all those votes/nominations for artists who can only sing are void...
    :yawn:
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    RUBBISH All she's doing is adding vocals to other people's songs.

Do you mean like Dusty Springfield, Frank Sinatra, Elvis..the list is endless.
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Debbie Harry.

End of thread.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth Orton
    Lady Gaga
    Amy McDonald