Options

The Nescafe appreciation thread

alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thought in the wake of the recent Pact coffee stuff I might start a thread in tribute to what I personally believe is still the nations favourite.

You can have Kenco, Maxwell House and Mellow Birds all day but it has to be Nwscafe for me.

Comments

• Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    youre talking rubbish dude.

Its pact coffee all the way in this house
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    If Nescafe was that good you'd see them mentioned more at the top of football based discussion forums! Clearly, that honour belongs to Pact!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nwscafe :D
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    "nations favourite" my arse - I'd rather Piers Morgan shat down my neck than drink this.
  • Options
    Tel69Tel69 Posts: 27,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who can ever forget Gareth Hunts hand signal in his Nescafé advert? Having attended football matches from a young age I knew straight away what he was doing.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He he heh
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like coffee. Latte or Cappu only for me. I feel these threads are discriminatory against Latte lovers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah! Nothing like a nice drop of Camp for me. (That should get a few "What?") :D
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Nah! Nothing like a nice drop of Camp for me. (That should get a few "What?") :D

Mmmmmm - that was the height of luxury when I were a lass!!! :p
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kenco Coffee is not bad, I used to live near a Kenco Coffee factory, the smell of it in the summer, bloody hell you would have your windows open and the smell of the coffee blimey it was so strong.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    instant coffee tastes like shit compared to properly made coffee, luckily i have an expensive coffee machine so i don't have to drink that crap, that nations favourite bs is just marketing spin, nothing more...
  • Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't drunk coffee since they stopped making Café Hag.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought in the wake of the recent Pact coffee stuff I might start a thread in tribute to what I personally believe is still the nations favourite.

You can have Kenco, Maxwell House and Mellow Birds all day but it has to be Nwscafe for me.

Cafe Direct or Douwe Egberts for me. As for Mellow Birds, i'd rather drink my own urine tbh.
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nescafe reminds me of Gareth Hunt jerking off, no thanks.
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread needs a poll.

Kenco for me by the way. Milk no sugar, ta.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how some people have taken that "nation's favourite" thing seriously...

I am the complete opposite to most, instant coffee is the one for me, putting a big load of shite through a percolator to get about 20 ml of coffee does nothing for me.
  • Options
    super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Douwe Egberts for me.
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Carte Noire man, personally.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For years I've picketed Costa Coffee under the assumption that some Spaniard's come over here brewing our lattes. Turns out they're a UK company!
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    I love how some people have taken that "nation's favourite" thing seriously...

I am the complete opposite to most, instant coffee is the one for me, putting a big load of shite through a percolator to get about 20 ml of coffee does nothing for me.

An amusing turn of phrase, Alan. :)

However, on a serious note; this type of thread really devalues the football sub-forum.

I can’t believe some of the comments that have been posted. >:(

Everyone knows that TEA is the number one ‘drink of choice’ for all true football fans.

All you progressive coffee-drinking radicals out there, with your cheap exotic foreign imports need to ‘get real’ before our traditional ‘home-grown’ British Tea is lost forever!
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldnt Bovril be the drink of choice for football fans?

Or am I being too old school?
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Wouldnt Bovril be the drink of choice for football fans?

Or am I being too old school?

Bovril has always had a ‘niche’ following amongst football fans but has never achieved the mass appreciation afforded to traditional British TEA.

After all, Tea has been grown and harvested on the fertile plains of Kent for centuries..............or is that ‘hops’??....... I always get those two mixed up.:confused:

Come to think of it, that might explain why my home-brew ale tastes like shite.
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I prefer to indulge in a Tassimoment at least once a day. I wonder if Pact do a tassi-disk?
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
    DS is a free to use, ad-supported site which shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. If you continue to disrupt our forums with off-topic, nonsensical posts like this - over something that helps support the board and can otherwise be (quite easily) ignored - you'll find your posting privileges revoked.
This discussion has been closed.