Options

EE Johnny and Gianluca

DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
Forum Member
✭✭
Nice to see the scenes last night (Tuesday 8th) between Johnny, Gianluca and the Carters. Gianluca received a nice welcome from the Carters and even Linda seemed to accept him which was nice as he was charming and a nice person to be with her son.

Mick's embarrassed chat with Johnny was delightful as was the scene when Gianluca suggests going into Johnny's room. Johnny's nervous reaction was perfect as it was his first time with another boy.

There were three gay kisses in Tuesday's programme, all justified and all treated exactly the same as straight kisses would be treated. Well done for that Eastenders. :)

Comments

• Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, it was a very realistic depiction of awkward young dating. Although I wasn't completely sold on Gianluca in terms of the actor himself, the writing for both him and Johnny throughout was great. The scene with Mick uncomfortably trying to talk to Johnny about protection was also really well handled - very funny but with a serious edge to it. I love how relatable Johnny's whole coming out story has been.
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it is about Gianluca whether it is the actor or the character but i find him really creepy. He's one of those people that gets in your face all the time. In a realistic world i don't think Johnny would be attracted to Luca. What is with the trousers??
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Mitchell will be the first big love of Johnny's life not Gianluca.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    It was lovely :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Not every relationship needs to be a 'big love'. And I still hope they don't go down that route with Ben and Johnny.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Not every relationship needs to be a 'big love'. And I still hope they don't go down that route with Ben and Johnny.

Exactly. Johnny is 19 and should be having flings to explore his sexuality and find out what things he is in too. I dont want luca to return but would be happy for johnny to continue playing the field a bit.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Amen [unfortunately - Ben doesn't deserve the likes of Johnny].

Gianluca will be in one more episode at best and then we'll never see him again, I'm predicting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Exactly. Johnny is 19 and should be having flings to explore his sexuality and find out what things he is in too. I dont want luca to return but would be happy for johnny to continue playing the field a bit.

I am 40 and still waiting to meet the love of my life- I hope he exists.

I think DTC will bring Ben & Johnny together because it's bound to be dramatic, Shirley is Johnny's Grandmother and she hates Ben for killing Heather.
  • Options
    writer_composerwriter_composer Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

I personally felt awkward during Sam Strike's portrayal of Johnny being awkward, not sure about Gianluca being the person Johnny's loses his virginity to - but I think Ben and Johnny will most definitely be together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just started trying to catch up on this recent Johnny storyline with Luca. They are indeed cute, and I actually like that I wouldn't have necessarily thought them to be a match on first glance, but they work well together.

I hope down the line Gianluca could make a return.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

I personally felt awkward during Sam Strike's portrayal of Johnny being awkward, not sure about Gianluca being the person Johnny's loses his virginity to - but I think Ben and Johnny will most definitely be together.

I think the awkwardness was intended. Stuff like that IS usually awkward in real life. :blush: I agree that Ben and Johnny will almost definitely be together but I'm glad that Johnny won't lose his virginity to that psycho.

Yeah, I actually think that Johnny should have some fun with that hot lecturer of his. It would be great if Johnny could continue to play the field rather than just getting straight into a long term relationship. Really not looking forward to Ben returning, to be honest, as it's inevitable this will happen once he's back. :(
    Iclabon wrote: »
    I've just started trying to catch up on this recent Johnny storyline with Luca. They are indeed cute, and I actually like that I wouldn't have necessarily thought them to be a match on first glance, but they work well together.

I hope down the line Gianluca could make a return.

They are quite cute together, I agree, but my personal preference would be for Johnny to end up with a more alpha guy. Someone a bit taller than Johnny, at least. :D
  • Options
    sunny daysunny day Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't Johnny lose his virginity last night ? I thought that the whole point of them going into his room then the door shutting firmly....
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am 40 and still waiting to meet the love of my life- I hope he exists.

I think DTC will bring Ben & Johnny together because it's bound to be dramatic, Shirley is Johnny's Grandmother and she hates Ben for killing Heather.

It's because there is no one in this world who is special enough for you Vas :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's because there is no one in this world who is special enough for you Vas :D

Sweet Scrabbler.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member

No, he'll be the one Linda feared.

Yet, if this were a woman....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sweet Scrabbler.

I reckon you will go and see Tommy Steele in the west end and while your in the queue for the ice cream in the interval you will spot the love of your life gazing at you across the aisle. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    DTC , Sam and co have handled this storyline brilliantly, Danny and Sam's performances have been great... really looking forward to whats happening next...with regards to Ben... when is he back?? Wasn't he suppose to be appearing at pride aswell? (there we're initial rumors that he was supposed to be Jonny's new fella but obviously that idea was dropped....) We haven't even had news of his casting yet but he's been mentioned but then dropped...
  • Options
    DCM10DCM10 Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really hope that you are wrong about Johnny getting together with Ben. The relationship would probably be very destructive and confirm all of the fears that Linda has for her Johnny.

It would be nice if Eastenders allowed Johnny to have a normal relationship with a loving partner, with of course the usual upsets that all partnerships experience. Such a relationship would go a long way to show homophobes that gay relationships can be as normal as straight relationships.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I reckon you will go and see Tommy Steele in the west end and while your in the queue for the ice cream in the interval you will spot the love of your life gazing at you across the aisle. :D

.... or from the stage, in the starring role ...:o
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was quite disgusting and unbelievable that Johnny was going to lose his virginity in the bedroom with his parents not only in the house but also KNOWING it was going on upstairs. >:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Clackers wrote: »
    I think it was quite disgusting and unbelievable that Johnny was going to lose his virginity in the bedroom with his parents not only in the house but also KNOWING it was going on upstairs. >:(

Agreed, then again I think it was unbelievable he'd loose his virginity to someone he just met. May as well have just made him loose it to Danny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    .... or from the stage, in the starring role ...:o

Vas would love a bit of flash bang wallop with tommy steele.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    DCM10 wrote: »
    I really hope that you are wrong about Johnny getting together with Ben. The relationship would probably be very destructive and confirm all of the fears that Linda has for her Johnny.

It would be nice if Eastenders allowed Johnny to have a normal relationship with a loving partner, with of course the usual upsets that all partnerships experience. Such a relationship would go a long way to show homophobes that gay relationships can be as normal as straight relationships.

I honestly believe with Johnny's slight naivety this is roughly where his arc is going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly believe with Johnny's slight naivety this is roughly where his arc is going.

I think they will probably re-characterise Ben upon his return as someone much better adjusted than he was before he went to prison. They've got Dean now, completely damaged from his time inside, so they could take Ben in the opposite direction and show that prison/rehabilitation can actually work successfully for some people. They're presumably bringing Ben back because he's such an important character in terms of who his parents are and his links to the legacy aspect of EE. This is their last real chance to get him 'right', so I expect to see him as a much more decent person, albeit one with the potential to have a dark side when necessary.

As much as I don't like the idea of Johnny getting together with someone like Ben, I think the direction they'll go in is everyone being convinced that Ben is terrible for Johnny, and Ben trying to prove he's changed. Everything about the way that Johnny has been written so far suggests that they want to keep his character as realistic and relatable as possible, so I don't think they'll throw him into a massive sensational relationship purely for the sake of a bit of drama.