child tax credit question

minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i last received mine this wednesday(get it weekly)..thought it might have gone in early (say yesterday) because of the bank holiday or does that only apply to people who receive their payments on the actual day the bank holiday falls..looking at hrmc website that seems to be the case..i just wanted clarification.
therefore i will receive my payment as usual next wednesday as my payments dont fall on bank holidays.is that right?

Comments

• MillysMommaMillysMomma Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, thats right, it only goes in early if your payment date is an actual bank holiday. i.e. if your payment date falls on Good Friday, you would get it the day before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    I get mine paid on a Wednesday, this week I got 2 payments, not sure why, I just assumed it was because of the bank holiday.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    at this time of year when the payments are just starting for the tax year, payments are a little random. You usually find they make what they call "one off" payments of slightly different amounts. You may get 2 " one off " payments of different amounts in one pay period and then you find they level off to a regular amount weekly or 4 weekly.

usually payments are advanced for those due to be paid on a bank holiday BUT because there are so many bank holidays this month which has a knock on effect on bank clearance time they may be advancing more payment.
    The best thing to do is give them a ring and ask for your payment schedule. They should be able to give you the full year.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks everyone.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has gone down by £10 this month (went in on thurs) but I've received no notification that they were lowering it.
  • lisa02lisa02 Posts: 1,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has gone down by £10 this month (went in on thurs) but I've received no notification that they were lowering it.

Wasn't it stated on your award notice you got last year? I would contact them if it wasn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lisa02 wrote: »
    Wasn't it stated on your award notice you got last year? I would contact them if it wasn't.

I don't think so. I'm wondering if the new tax year has meant they have received my husband's p60 and decided that we earn sufficient to be paid less.
  • Jellybaby9000Jellybaby9000 Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone had their renewal pack yet for their tax credit claim?
  • shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope I'm still waiting too...they said it will be between April and July. I hope it's sooner rather than later though as they are paying me £30 a week more. When I queried it she said they were provisional payments until they get my renewal info.

I think they should pay me the same not more seeing as they haven't had any renewal info from me.....tax credits works in strange ways :confused:
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waiting for renewal pack, phoned the tax office to try to give them my earnings for the last tax tear, but was told to wait for renewal pack

My tax credits have gone down, but they should be going up

This has happened as the tax office is basing my tax credits on 2009-2010 tax year,

The tax office has told me, once I get my renewal pack, I can tell them what my taxable income for 2010-2011 was, and then they will re-adjust my tax credit to what it should be

Lat month, I got £78 per week, from 5 april that went down to £76, but I should be getting £81, so if it take another 8 weeks to sort out, it will be backdated, so when sorted I should get one payment of £121, and then £81 per week