Where would you buy a house if you were the big winners

crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you were the Euromillions winners? Would it be a mansion here in the UK or would you do like I would and buy a villa somewhere hot on an exclusive guarded estate?

Comments

• embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Canada.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    here, somewhere rugged, rural and isolated.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have at least three. :p A river cottage here in Lancs, a Tuscan villa and a beach home in the Bahamas somewhere. :D
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sydney, Barcelona, Rome, San Francisco, Edinburgh, and of course London.

I would also buy somewhere on the Amalfi Coast, somewhere in Cuba and I'd buy my own Greek Island! I guess I also need a skiing chalet for the OH and probably somewhere in the coutry too!

:D
  • darkmothdarkmoth Posts: 12,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have a London pad for shopping weekends.....a home somewhere hotter for winter....and somewhere rural in England.
  • SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    With that amount of money I'd buy multiple properties.

I'd buy a luxury chalet in the alps for the winter and a fab beach house somewhere like Hawaii. Plus I'd have somewhere nice back in the UK to come back to.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I'd buy a beautiful tropical island (not as expensive as you would imagine), a nice house here in the country and a villa somewhere within a couple of hours flight. I'd rent them out when not in use.

That is assuming that i'd spend it all on property, which in real life I wouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plaistow.
  • SurferfishSurferfish Posts: 7,659
    Forum Member
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    I'd buy a beautiful tropical island (not as expensive as you would imagine), a nice house here in the country and a villa somewhere within a couple of hours flight. I'd rent them out when not in use.

That is assuming that i'd spend it all on property, which in real life I wouldn't.

Rent them out? I thought I was tight! :eek:

It's not like you'd need the income if you won 160 million or whatever it was. Would you really want a load of strangers living in your houses if it wasn't necessary?
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Lack of imagination here, but for the time being I would happily buy my flat from my landlord, I am very happy here..:o First port of call after that would be a luxury holiday somewhere with my kids, heck I could rent part of Port Aventura for the day for my kids family and their pals I suppose :D

I would probably buy a proper house with a huge garden and 4 bedrooms and a massive basement, which I would turn into a soft play centre lol after that then give the flat to my younger brother or something..
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a luxury flat in London and Paris, and in Italy somewhere close to the sea. But you could save yourself all the hassle of looking after them and just opt to stay in great hotels and villas wherever you want to go I suppose. How fantastic that would be.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would buy the bext Danbury VW camper money could buy with every added extra possible and that would be my house for the next 50 years as I see the world in it.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I would move to Hampton Road or maybe Windsor (Road).
  • Zoltan SmithZoltan Smith Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would make sure i have a big house with lots of rooms i dont use, so much upkeep that i would have to hire lots of surly cleaners, so far away from people that i felt isolated and then would invite my friends over so that they felt jealous and uncomfortable.

all this in Surrey or Cheshire
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    johnF1971 wrote: »
    Rent them out? I thought I was tight! :eek:

It's not like you'd need the income if you won 160 million or whatever it was. Would you really want a load of strangers living in your houses if it wasn't necessary?

I think I'd wonder what the point was in owning it if I was only living there a couple of months of the year I guess. I think i'd feel like it wasn't fulfilling it's purpose otherwise,

I could always give the money from the rent to a worthy cause
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    One huge mansion in Florida.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd buy small ones - a place in Far West Cornwall - Sennen area; Newcastle so I can go back to my routes and probably keep the place I have at the moment as I like being a lady wot lives with the dead.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ardwark wrote: »
    Plaistow.

LMFAO. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would go to Kingston or Walton on Thames, my best friend lives near there and i have a load of family in London. not very swish i know, but im a not very swish kinda gal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    a one bed in slough :rolleyes:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'd buy a house in America but NOT in one of the tourist states.

I'd also buy a villa somewhere on the Amalfi Coast in Italy.
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    One huge mansion in Florida.

Me too. Myself, my kiddies and my cats would be off to Florida to live in a hell of a size palace.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd flit around the world staying in the very best hotels and renting the very best villas money could buy. When I get bored with one place/city, I'd move on to the next. Maybe I'd rent a yacht and see the world that way.

I's certainly do that for a few years.
  • Keyplayer2010Keyplayer2010 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poland, the place must be deserted now, perfect!
  • TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I'd buy a swanky flat in Mayfair. :)