Options

Jordan hits out at polo "snobs"

UltrasonicUltrasonic Posts: 4,994
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whether you love her or hate her, I think she's got a point.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7536492.stm

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she raises a valid point in fairness to her.
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's their event, Their rules, R.O.A.R Can't say I blame them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davidseven wrote: »

Why did they let her pay £6,000 for the table then?

And out of interest, why can't you blame them?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're messing with the wrong woman tho. It wouldn't surprise me if she went out and organised her own Polo event, invited a heap of A-List celebs and made thousands for charity.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidseven wrote: »

I quite agree. Everyone knows the sort of people that these types of events attract - and she clearly does not fit in with that profile - regardless of how much she may aspire to.

Does she think because she rides a horse, she would be accepted by the toffs who go there?

I hope she get's her six grand back though.
  • Options
    Mott HoopleMott Hoople Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Maybe they were just worried she would Mr Insania himself along...
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Dry old Cow!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,286
    Forum Member
    I don't think she's got a point at all.

They shouldn't have let her pay the £6,000 but if she truly wanted to go she could have sat with everyone else rather than in the VIP section.

And with her plans to call her horse 'The B****cks' to cause controversy http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a117252/price-gives-horse-controversial-name.html I don't blame that at all.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    At the risk of yet again incurring the wrath of the poster, what's this got to do with Fashion, Beauty & Celeb Style??

This is a perfectly valid topic of discussion for the GD Forum. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of yet again incurring the wrath of the poster, what's this got to do with Fashion, Beauty & Celeb Style??

This is a perfectly valid topic of discussion for the GD Forum. :cool:

Nothing - that is a sub-forum of the showbiz forum I was directing the poster to.
  • Options
    slapmattslapmatt Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of Britain I want to live in. Bring back snobbery, down with political correctness.

I'd like to pick up on this line in the story:
    I have written a bestselling series of stories about ponies.
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slapmatt wrote: »
    This is the kind of Britain I want to live in. Bring back snobbery, down with political correctness.

She probably had a 'ghostwriter', but I've got no doubt that she knows her stuff when it comes to horses.

She's a 'ballsy' person who won't let anybody tell her what to do.

But, maybe she should leave the modelling industry and concentrate on a professional career with horses.

I'm sure she would gain a lot of credibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing - that is a sub-forum of the showbiz forum I was directing the poster to.

Well I see you've got your way and it's been moved. :p

But I thought it was valid discussion for the GD section, since we're not talking about "Jordan" per se. My original intention by posting this thread was to see what people's feelings were on such snobbery.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a woman who sells every last millimetre of her life, including her sex life, so I know I wouldn't want her at any event I organised.

If that makes me a snob, then I'm proud to be one.
  • Options
    19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a good point.
    It shows even the 'posh' can be bullies
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One word, vulgar.
  • Options
    BradshawsbagBradshawsbag Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, diddums. :rolleyes:

She paid £6000 for a table? Considering she told the press a while back she was a 'billionairess', (yeah, right) that small sum should be a drop in the ocean to her.

Her claims that she's met with Royalty or been asked to appear in the Horse of the Year show should be taken with a whole mine full of salt IMO.

Call me a snob, but I wouldn't ask her to a barbie in my back garden, let alone a classy event like Cartier polo if I had anything to do with it.
    "It's pure snobbery. However good a horsewoman I am, I'm also a glamour model. That embarrassed them."

No, Pricey, you're just a chav sex symbol, hardly classy.
  • Options
    m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    given a choice i doubt if anyone would want this common tart anywhere near you.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww, diddums. :rolleyes:

Considering she told the press a while back she was a 'billionairess', (yeah, right) that small sum should be a drop in the ocean to her.

:D:D

Reminds me of the time she was on the Paul O'Grady show and she told him her show was watched by 600 million in the USA. So thick as well as vulgar. :D
  • Options
    slapmattslapmatt Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why does everything in our society have to be dumbed down as that it's accessible to the lower chav denominator?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slapmatt wrote: »

Except she has admitted she does not write her books at all.

I play polo ,and it is not over run with "snobs" ( that is stereotyping rubbish ), it is populated by people with some good manners and an level of erudition, mostly (though there are exceptions to that after a few too many) .

She is THE snob who wants to be seen in what she thinks is the "upper elite snob class", or have people missed this point.?
  • Options
    impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Personally, I think it's the organisers who had the valid point! Talk about bringing down the tone :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i knew it wouldnt be long before she spoke out - she totally has a point, I was outraged when i read this article, katie knows more about horses then any of them put together and kate never gets mixed up in any bad stuff just speaks her ming i saw caprice and jodie kidd there havnt they both had drug problems
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    speaks her mind***