Only One Outcome On Saturday?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beast1982 wrote: »
    I work in the media. A friend of mine is a successful producer who has worked on, amongst other things, X factor - 3 series (before this one) He has said that in all 3 series, the leona and ray final was the closest and that it was so close, they thought at one point that Ray had won

If that is true then no way can the X factor voters ever be taken seriously and I think it pretty much confirms that the vote is rather sexist.
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in the media. A friend of mine is a successful producer who has worked on, amongst other things, X factor - 3 series (before this one) He has said that in all 3 series, the leona and ray final was the closest and that it was so close, they thought at one point that Ray had won

The 2006 final was one of the few that the voting figures was actually published and with 8 million votes cast, the voting was heavily in favour of Leona with 60% of the vote.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The figures were in the Ofcom Report published earlier this year after the ITV phone voting scandals. They released the voting figures for Series 2 and 3 and confirmed that Leon beat Rhydian in Series 4 though didn't release the final figures.

From the report:

Series 2: Shayne beat Andy Abraham by 151,000 votes

Series 3: Leona beat Ray by 2.27 million votes
  • Options
    PappiPappi Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I will be voting and voting for a Eggnogg win. :D:D:D
  • Options
    CharoCharo Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I sincerely hope Alex wins, I would be happy enough if JLS ends up winning. With a bit of luck the first one to go will be Eggnog.
  • Options
    ItsAnObsessionItsAnObsession Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for gods sake! Could we all stop thinking so negative! :mad: It p*sses me off!!

The only reason why Alex won’t win is because all you THNINK she won’t. You've all decided that Eoghan will win so you wont bother voting.. What will be the outcome?? Eoghan will win.. Alex will probs come second or third.

Have hope guys! and VOTE! That’s all I can say.

Eoghan WILL NOT win. Alex will :D I have hope and I'm sure of it :)
  • Options
    LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for gods sake! Could we all stop thinking so negative! :mad: It p*sses me off!!

The only reason why Alex won’t win is because all you THNINK she won’t. You've all decided that Eoghan will win so you wont bother voting.. What will be the outcome?? Eoghan will win.. Alex will probs come second or third.

Have hope guys! and VOTE! That’s all I can say.

Eoghan WILL NOT win. Alex will :D I have hope and I'm sure of it :)

I always think the worst, can't help it BUT that won't stop me voting for her and it'll probably make me vote more if I feel someone else is going to win.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member

How could that be the closest when Leona won by over 60%? The Shayne/Andy final result had about half a percent in it I believe.
  • Options
    _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Kingsy wrote: »
    Eoghan IS a good singer. Year 3000 was actually a good performance.
    People say he's singing out of tune all of the time, which is rubbish to me, because he has mixed results like everyone else - and often times people don't know the difference between strained singing from poor breathing and pitch problems.

People always think I want Eoghan to win, because I end up defending him most often from the relentless and totally biased abuse, but then I've defended Ruth, Diana, JLS, Scott, Rachel, Daniel and Laura at various points, and I didn't even like half of them - I just don't like the hugely biased attacks and silly things people choose to base them on.

I tend to vote who I like most each week and it changes - I don't say I like someone or hate every single week, because they don't sing at the same levels every week. For example, I thought Eoghan good decent this week (average vocal, but liked the songs and performances), but thought he was really poor the week before - but then his 'Anytime you need a friend' was a series highlight for me and it was a good vocal too.

Chances are my vote will go Alex on Saturday since I've liked her ballads for the last couple of weeks, but you never know, I'll see what they all do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    Eoghan will be announced as going into the final 2 first to cause a big shock. Then between Alex and JLS and JLS will leave.

Alex vs. Eoghan...

Think Alex may steal it when people realise he is a talentless moose.

If 'people' haven't realised that by now they are hardly likely to in the final are they:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be between Alex and JLS. If JLS won it would be the first time a group won X Factor.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I don't think the final between Leona and Ray was very close. He had only just managed to claw his way there after being the favourite to get eliminated for the few weeks leading up to the final. And I was surprised he had actually managed to secure 40% of the final vote, even though there was a mad rush of money bet on him in the final week but that happens to every finalist.

Last year, they didn't give out the official number of votes each act received. But they did say that there was only 1% between Leon and Rhydian until they performed the winner's song, then Leon opened up a 10% lead.

This year, who knows what will happen. :confused:
    I feel like Alex should win, but I really don't care that much.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I do not know what the excitement is about regarding the Final this weekend. They will ALL end up with recording contracts. Have read that Laura (who was voted out) has one already and Ruth has been approached so what is all the excitement about winning X Factor????. Look what happened last year it appears that Rhydian is selling a lot more records than Leon although Leon won X Factor!!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Good point, everyone who Simon likes will be signed anyway thus in effect, rendering the prize - if not pointless, then not as valuable as it would be.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peanuts wrote: »
    If 'people' haven't realised that by now they are hardly likely to in the final are they:rolleyes:
    What I meant was; I can imagine Ruth, Diana, Laura, Austin and Rachel fans all voting Alex to make sure that little turd doesn't win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,550
    Forum Member
    I don`t think she will.................she is like Rhydian was last year - the "finished article". I think people will vote for the "raw talent" of Eggnog. Voters tend to prefer that to someone who already has star quality.

The "Raw-egg" Yuk! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Sadly, I think it's going to be Egwok, it's the Will and Gareth scenario again, only this time, it'll go in favour of the young teen over the best singer, Alex. The only reason being, Alexandra is a female and she'll not get as many votes. I know Leona Lewis beat Ray Quinn, but Leona was getting the most votes every week, unlike Alex. I hope I'm totally wrong, but I think he'll walk it.:(

I think you may be right. But I, like you. hope I'm wrong. Egg wasn't the worst this year but no way should he have gone before Austin, Laura and Ruth.

If I was solely responsible for judging (lol) I'd have had this year's finalists at:
    Winner: Alex
    2nd Austin
    3rd Laura
    4th JLs
    5th Ruth
    6th Diana
    7th Eoghan
    8th Rachel
    9th Scott
    10th Girlband
    11th Daniel
    12th Bad Lashes
  • Options
    Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,754
    Forum Member
    Sadly I think you may be right, but I would love to see an upset and JLS win. They will all 3 get signed though but unlike last year, expect debut albums out within 3 months.............the mums and grannies will by hyperventilating at the thought of an Eggnog album for Mother`s Day :eek::eek:

If Little Bear bought me an Eggnog album for Mother's day I think I'd have to disown her!:D