Corrie - Funniest Scenes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
Forum Member
Many people on here (myself included) seem to be enjoying the comedy scenes on Corrie a lot more than the more dramatic parts. I wondered what everyone's favourite funny Corrie moment was?

Mine was when the Barlow family, including Blanche, went with Peter to his AA group.

So what was yours and do you prefer the comedy or the drama?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    That was hilarious!

Also, Gail in a fight scene is epic - When she was brawling with Eileen in the street- "Here comes another one of the Village people!"

And when she threw a Manchester tart at Deirdre, who wailed "Ken, do something!"
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many people on here (myself included) seem to be enjoying the comedy scenes on Corrie a lot more than the more dramatic parts. I wondered what everyone's favourite funny Corrie moment was?

Mine was when the Barlow family, including Blanche, went with Peter to his AA group.

So what was yours and do you prefer the comedy or the drama?

Forgotten just how funny that AA meeting scene was. Just watched it again on youtube and couldn't stop laughing!
  • bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Does anyone remember when Anna got a mean text off Owen and she said it was rude, and Norris took it the wrong way and told Anna it was called 'sexting'
  • ofniofni Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tram driver's face channeling Edvard Munch's "The Scream" during the Big Crash.

Hilarious!:D
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    "You buried my son under a knicker factory." :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I loved that scene in Audrey's salon a few years ago when Gail was dusting the blinds and then the next thing we see is her getting her head caught in amongst them lol, don't know if that is on youtube or not.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Bet and Betty in Fred Gee's car, rolling in to the lake..
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it when Jack, Sally and Norris thought Rita had died in her sleep in her chair. They nearly leapt out of their skins when she woke up.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    I liked it when Jack, Sally and Norris thought Rita had died in her sleep in her chair. They nearly leapt out of their skins when she woke up.

That was hilarious- is there a video on YouTube?
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    I miss Sally & Rita's friendship
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the scenes with Reg Holdsworth. The best one was the one with Maureen (Sherrie Hewson) and the water bed that was leaking. Comedy gold
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last year or so the best comedy scene was with the Rat in the Rovers when the health inspector was there. Steve and Eva's reactions were comedy gold!
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A hundred years ago when Hilda Ogden was making prawns in aspic for a do somewhere she couldn't finf any aspic so used lemon jelly instead..
    And
    When Mary told the policeman she hadn't touched a chainsaw since,... The look on Norris' face was a picture.
    I like the drama in CS but I also like the attempts at comedy.
    I think we all know people who make us laugh in real life..intentionally or not.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liz asked Deirdre what she thought of her new outfit and Blanche chimed in and said, "1 word- Prostitute"

God I miss blanche :D
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    'Whats that taste?'

'Woman Stanley, woman'

Classic
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vera painting the stone cladding yellow & blue (she was sooo proud).

Vera explaining her relation to Prince Charles (born on the wrong side of the sheets through Edward Vll, I think?).

Classic stuff.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,736
    Forum Member
    Gail throwing a Manchester Tart in Deirdre's face at that party.

'Ken. Do something!".
  • redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night Deirdre asking Steve if he wanted a sandwich whilst he was trying to debate divorce with Tracy luv. Not necessary a funny scene but a good example of how Corrie can do humour in a way EE never manages.
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rewatched the AA meeting, it was hilarious, I do miss Blanche, she was an excellent character played by an great actress. I think a good battleaxe is what has been missing from corrie
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I miss Blanche!

I love scenes with Gail fighting with someone though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie has always done comedy so well, EE just can't ever copy that, they have tried lately with Kim, Zainab and Fatboy but it's never funny just cringeworthy stuff.

Right now the Gail and Lewis scenes are funny, he hasn't even slept with her yet has he? he finds her repulsive and yet fancied her bag of bones Mother. Gail is just funny.