Best live female performer

Comments

• digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's definitely not Katy Perry, Rihanna or Lady Gaga....

Beyonce in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely P!nk, then Lady Gaga and Beyonce. I love all three of them but P!nk is my absolute favourite.
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All shit.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of those five, P!nk.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    tangsman wrote: »
    All shit.

Ok, so what about Beyoncé makes her a shit performer? Care to expand?
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Ok, so what about Beyoncé makes her a shit performer? Care to expand?

Who knows... She has good vocals, is a good dancer and has a great energy, but when I saw her live, I was bored to death.
    Forum Member
    Rae_Amury wrote: »
    Who knows... She has good vocals, is a good dancer and has a great energy, but when I saw her live, I was bored to death.

So basically you're just not a fan then?

At least you've acknowledged some qualities that make her a great performer.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically you're just not a fan then?

At least you've acknowledged some qualities that make her a great performer.

I've seen Beyoncé live too and don't think she's a great performer. I think she has qualities that can make her one, but she lacked something when I saw her.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion, doesn't mean they're not a fan. Accept that.
    Forum Member
    I've seen Beyoncé live too and don't think she's a great performer. I think she has qualities that can make her one, but she lacked something when I saw her.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion, doesn't mean they're not a fan. Accept that.

Well if you're a fan of someone and you believe they can dance, sing and have great energy when performing then I'm not too sure what else you could want from someone.

If they can sing, dance but had no energy or something then I'd get it.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's incredible live don't know what your talking about !
  • Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    There is no other live female performer like Madonna, her energy in live shows is unrivalled and the Blond Ambition tour changed live concerts forever.
  • playboy69playboy69 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Out of those I would say P!nk.

Beyonce is not a great performer.. she just recycles the same old performances year after year… most of her singing is just a few shouts over a backing track while she sort of stomps around.

Madonna is better than all of them.
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no other live female performer like Madonna, her energy in live shows is unrivalled and the Blond Ambition tour changed live concerts forever.

How? I'm just curious to know as I went to it and it did nothing for me, although I guess I was in a minority.
  • babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought of Pink even before I saw the list. She's phenomenal!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well there is...there's ones that actually sing live throughout their concerts.
    Forum Member

I accept not the best vocal and that she doesn't always sing live, but in terms of performance I mean, she is a complete perfectionist when it comes to tours.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I accept not the best vocal and that she doesn't always sing live, but in terms of performance I mean, she is a complete perfectionist when it comes to tours.

Shame the girlie show was absolute garbage then.
    Forum Member
    playboy69 wrote: »
    Out of those I would say P!nk.

Beyonce is not a great performer.. she just recycles the same old performances year after year… most of her singing is just a few shouts over a backing track while she sort of stomps around.

Madonna is better than all of them.

Hmm I disagree. Beyoncé changes things up, she changes some of the dance moves, the instrumentals and music in the breakdowns and so on.

I kinda feel like it's saying singers who just stand there or bands who just stand there playing guitars are bad performers coz they do they same things. Or like saying Pinks bad because she done that acrobat thing at quite a few award shows now.
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »

To be fair you have chosen one tour out of nine which was almost 21 years ago! I agree not her best
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if you're a fan of someone and you believe they can dance, sing and have great energy when performing then I'm not too sure what else you could want from someone.

If they can sing, dance but had no energy or something then I'd get it.

I am a fan of Beyoncé, I bought tickets to see her for goodness sake.

She sang well, she danced well and she gave a lot of energy, but there was something missing. Is she a good perform? Yes, of course.

But compared to Ke$ha and Katy Perry who I have also seen live, I thought OVERALL they were better.

Katy is by far the best performer I have seen live. Her singing is actually really quite good (when I saw her anyway). She has that thing Beyoncé was missing when I saw her live.

Lady Gaga, Madonna and Rihanna I thought were awful live. Beyoncé was far superior.

Do I still like Beyoncé? Of course! Will I buy her music? Duh! Will I see her live again? Probably not. Am I fan? Definitely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's incredible live don't know what your talking about !

She can certainly sing incredibly live, yes. But, as I said, for me, something was missing.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Tarja Turunen.
    Doro Pesch.
    Valerie Cowell.
    Ann and Nancy Wilson.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    People like Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and Pink were born to sing and the entertainer part is an added bonus

Kylie good singer but has a killer entertaionment factor

Katy Perry is still trying to work out who she is

Kelly Clarkson is an amazing singer and relys solely on that

Madonna, Rihanna and Britney, basic singers that have forged to make a living "just because" the passion isn't there

well that's my 2 cents
  • RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »

In terms of theatrics yes, but musically it's her last tour to feature the real live band sound :)

Miming three or four songs is hardly a crime!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »
    In terms of theatrics yes, but musically it's her last tour to feature the real live band sound :)

Miming three or four songs is hardly a crime!

No it's not, but if you're debating on who is an all rounder/performer, then surely someone who mimes should be ruled out straight away. The fact that people like Beyonce and Pink can sing, dance and perform live for the duartion of their concert should surely mean that they are higher up the list than someone like Madonna. Some people come out with the ridiculous argument of "Oh she's a performer, an entertainer, she doesn't need to sing live" (regularly used by people trying to excuse Britney)! What an awful excuse! If you're making music then you should be able to do it live and if you can't, don't include it in the setlist of your tour and stand there like an idiot miming it.