Options

Chris, His Hypocrisy and Moral High Ground

SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
Forum Member
✭✭
There were many rubbish reasons and that Mark and Ash came up with for taking that 15K. But Chris's original, true reason that he relayed in the DR was appalling. "Everyone is money obsessed. I'll take it to make a point." The smugness of this bastard! Like he's doing the rest of the house a favor or teaching them a lesson? Then, he goes onto say that he would split the money between himself, Ashleigh and Christopher. I won't make it out like doing that is any better or worse than the equal split Ash proposed since I highly doubt any of them would share if given the opportunity. That said, Mark and Ash have been consistently maligned here and by Chris himself. And it's deserved IMO. But why isn't Chris getting his due? He's just as bad as the rest. Worse! Because he judges and censures everyone for doing wrong while he justifies doing those same things himself.

And then Chris tops it all off with one of those self-righteous diary room rants his mate says we're so fond off slating everyone for their greed. It's amazing what he gets away with.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He wanted that money, the greed was written all over his face. So he turns it around and says in a very convincing, sincere manner that he's going to get rid of that evil money to teach all those greedy horrible people a lesson.

Sure Chris.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Yes hence his very real flash of anger at Helen for exposing him. At one point he said "Why do you have to keep bringing me into this?" Because he wanted to be out of the spotlight. He knew he had no defence.
  • Options
    bunnyintheboxbunnyinthebox Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark was taken to task by Emma about his taking 5k for himself, but there has been zero mention of Chris's skulduggery on BBOTS.

Emma even had the nerve to say to Mark 'Chris had quite a lengthy thought process' , what, could she not follow his thought process? Jeez, the bias now since they tripped up labeling him creepy is sickening.
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the Disciples of Steven readying themselves for one last push:)
  • Options
    Colbert BumpColbert Bump Posts: 3,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's over guys, Chris won the battle.
  • Options
    Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There were many rubbish reasons and that Mark and Ash came up with for taking that 15K. But Chris's original, true reason that he relayed in the DR was appalling. "Everyone is money obsessed. I'll take it to make a point." The smugness of this bastard! Like he's doing the rest of the house a favor or teaching them a lesson? Then, he goes onto say that he would split the money between himself, Ashleigh and Christopher. I won't make it out like doing that is any better or worse than the equal split Ash proposed since I highly doubt any of them would share if given the opportunity. That said, Mark and Ash have been consistently maligned here and by Chris himself. And it's deserved IMO. But why isn't Chris getting his due? He's just as bad as the rest. Worse! Because he judges and censures everyone for doing wrong while he justifies doing those same things himself.

And then Chris tops it all off with one of those self-righteous diary room rants his mate says we're so fond off slating everyone for their greed. It's amazing what he gets away with.
    Let it go. The fact is, in spite of Chris's dodgy reasonings, diary room rantings, and perceived smugness, he is just a much more likeable bloke than most of them in there. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of them are perfect and none of them pretend to be. Chris annoys certain types of people as much as Hellen annoys others, but the fact is this:

Chris won a victory for decency.

I have noticed, however, that Chris haters are more passionate than anybody else. Winston has his detractors but has received nowhere near the bile that Chris has, despite the overt sexism, sense of entitlement, gross manipulation of a false image, lack of genuine wit and the open delight in others' difficult moments.

Again, Chris won a victory for decency.

Oh, and the original post - despite declaring disdain for anybody who judges - is right up there with anything the Pharisees did two thousand years ago. Are you sitting there in flowing robes with tassels and bells. Chris isn't the saviour of anything, but you have been shouting 'Crucify him' for the last two months.

One more time now, Chris won a victory for decency.
  • Options
    jedediahjedediah Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Lozzo99 wrote: »
    Let it go. The fact is, in spite of Chris's dodgy reasonings, diary room rantings, and perceived smugness, he is just a much more likeable bloke than most of them in there. Plain and simple.

Er ..No ...
    He's the creepy bloke you always get stuck with at work do's
  • Options
    jim_lyonsjim_lyons Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jedediah wrote: »
    Er ..No ...

And Stephen is kind of like your King...
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member

I agree with your conclusion but disagree about 'dodgy reasonings' and rantings - I just think he's very self-aware and analytical, and takes time to work through things that can't be accurately portrayed (as if!) in a few minutes of screen time on a highlights show.
    Er ..No ...

Completely disagree - I think he's the one that no-one gives much of the time of day to due to surface impressions, but if you did you'd find a very deep, caring character, and be very surprised possibly.
  • Options
    HonestLeeHonestLee Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of them are perfect and none of them pretend to be. Chris annoys certain types of people as much as Hellen annoys others, but the fact is this:

I have noticed, however, that Chris haters are more passionate than anybody else. Winston has his detractors but has received nowhere near the bile that Chris has, despite the overt sexism, sense of entitlement, gross manipulation of a false image, lack of genuine wit and the open delight in others' difficult moments.

Oh, and the original post - despite declaring disdain for anybody who judges - is right up there with anything the Pharisees did two thousand years ago. Are you sitting there in flowing robes with tassels and bells. Chris isn't the saviour of anything, but you have been shouting 'Crucify him' for the last two months.

Great Post, my sentiments entirely
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it was a bad edit I'm afraid Chris let himself down badly over the money thing....naive at best but weak willed and or dishonest.

His final position was that he would take the money and share it with Ashleigh and Christopher ............how on earth can ANYONE justify breaking an agreement that they have been seen to agree to let alone on national TV?......Even if you were the most morally bankrupt person on earth this is at the very least painfully naive and his excuses for doing it afterwards which at best sounded like they were about making a stand against greed and obsession with money sounded half baked at best.

Even if you believe for him their was no moral or loyalty issue at stake and that he may have done it to make the game interesting he was silly to put any of this before his integrity and being seen to be honest......and for me only survived eviction due to Mark's utter dishonesty.
  • Options
    NLoyallNLoyall Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is so decent about him doing his best to discredit Pav by making out he was a perv. It's disgusting behaviour.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    NLoyall wrote: »
    What is so decent about him doing his best to discredit Pav by making out he was a perv. It's disgusting behaviour.

No more disgusting than labelling Chris as creepy.
  • Options
    HonestLeeHonestLee Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing wrong in the time-old art of 'pulling someone aside' to tell them something privately (as in away from the other HMs) it's where phrases like 'heads-up' comes from

You could argue that is was done in front of the public so hardly private, but to them the immediate housemates are all that are in their world (or the only ones that can immediately effect it), I certainly don't think Chris did it as some form of collateral, it wasn't a 'hope the public see this' if anything it was to avoid a problem jeapordising him settling in, the fact that the public saw it was the only reason there was any fall-out, those who've defended Chris have seen his behaviour enough to know forming the above conclusions was money well spent
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Chris is unsurpassed this series for two-facedness, hypocrisy, cowardice and now greed. For such a shifty, dubious character to be held up as a beacon of decency and virtue is quite fantastical.
  • Options
    NLoyallNLoyall Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more disgusting than labelling Chris as creepy.

Pav never labelled him creepy the viewers did and if its soo out of order for him to be lablled something then you cant say its not wrong of Chris to do that to Pav.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

^^^^^^^ Basically, what he / she says ^^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Pav never labelled him creepy the viewers did and if its soo out of order for him to be lablled something then you cant say its not wrong of Chris to do that to Pav.

No-one in the house labelled him creepy or saw anything untoward & they live with him 24 hrs a day. I'm sure the likes of Helen & Ashleigh herself could spot a creepy bloke a mile off.

Did Chris call Pav a perv?
  • Options
    wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly:)
  • Options
    bbcrzybbcrzy Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well, he is playign the part he said he was going to IN his VT. they might not be calling him a bastard but we are LOL

he stirred it up and walked away . I really think that HE THINKS he has won this show. when winston left, chris's expression was so shocked and hard to describe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The only thing Chris has done, is manage to fool a lot of morally bankrupt fantasists who are more likely to attend the Soap awards than they are the Baftas ;)
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark was taken to task by Emma about his taking 5k for himself, but there has been zero mention of Chris's skulduggery on BBOTS.

Emma even had the nerve to say to Mark 'Chris had quite a lengthy thought process' , what, could she not follow his thought process? Jeez, the bias now since they tripped up labeling him creepy is sickening.

yes there was, one whole show was dedicated to the final twist, it was discussed in length.
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er ..No ...

If you always get stuck with the creepy bloke, perhaps you should ask yourself why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Chris had begun to build a genuine relationship with Helen. She had begun to like and trust him. He described her as "vulnerable". He professed to be moved by her journey. At one point he described her journey as being "the reason I am here". Which was utter crap. Because had it been the last thing he would have done was renege on an agreement and betray her trust. She then felt a fool and lashed out as angry damaged people often do. No one should be surprised. People like Helen need care and consistency. In the end either he was not intelligent enough to understand this. Or his own need to feel superior to people got in the way. I liked him until this week but not anymore.