EXCLUSIVE: Kat will be left disfigured after Albert Square blaze

Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With DTC In charge and If anything like how well done they done the Patricks stroke and carols cancer. Then this should be really good. I know this story's been done before with Other character but Never before the face http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/396020/EXCLUSIVE-Eastenders-fire-leaves-Kat-injured

Comments

• Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,958
    Forum Member
    It is brave move by EastEnders but if done properly which i'm sure it will be it should be a brilliant storyline and Jessie Wallace will be fantastic. Good on EastEnders at portraying the impact a fire can have on the survivors and the injuries it can cause.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie Wallace has the talent to pull this off too.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat will be devastated. She relies on her looks. Let's hope it's handled better than Tamwar's burns in the aftermath of Yusuf's death.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Kat will be devastated. She relies on her looks. Let's hope it's handled better than Tamwar's burns in the aftermath of Yusuf's death.

Of course it will be better. That story was overseen by '' My name is Kirkwood and I don't do aftermath''.

If the damage is to her face its going to be very interesting to watch how the other characters all react.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it will be better. That story was overseen by '' My name is Kirkwood and I don't do aftermath''.

If the damage is to her face its going to be very interesting to watch how the other characters all react.

I bet the burns will be to her arms.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, yeah... but then that wasn't my point. I've no doubt it will be better. Tamwar's so called "storyline" was pitiful. I was referring more to the handling of the storyline. I hope the writers fully explore the emotional, psychological and physical scars that the injuries inflict on Kat and how she works through the trauma of it all. It's not something we really saw with Tamwar except the physical scars. Probably will lead to Kat sinking into depression and hiding away at home.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way it says "Kat wasn't meant to be in the house" makes it seem like Alfie starts it.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well a lot of DSers will be disappointed as they wanted Alfie to be he victim. Yes it now sounds like Alfie says the blaze. I see this as a plot devise to generate tension between the couple if theres no cheating gonna happen.
    On a practical level ain't it gonna be a pain in the arse for Jessie to have extra makeup done every morning??
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know exactly what horrible Kat is going through. I chipped a toenail last week and haven't felt confident enough to leave the house since. On the plus side though, my house isn't charred to a crisp.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    The way it says "Kat wasn't meant to be in the house" makes it seem like Alfie starts it.

the tv mag I read the other day has alfie getting desperate and alluding to him starting the fire. think if he does and kats disfigured it will be a really good storyline
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    On a practical level ain't it gonna be a pain in the arse for Jessie to have extra makeup done every morning??

I thought that also, I imagine the burns won't be on her face but somewhere that's easily covered up.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What like Tamwar? That was hardly touched on.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Although the nucleus of the story is similar, there are also numerous differences. Kat relies on her appearance a lot more than Tamwar and thrives on the attention her looks bring, the fact that the injuries will also be visable rather than hidden away will also add to the emotional impact. This fire just got interesting. I hope the aftermath is executed well. :)
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I like this storyline. September is going to be huge. The Slaters and the Butchers will take centre stage all of September which is good news. Obviously they also have Sharon's revenge plot and we have the Charlie Cotton storyline. Jessie Wallace's acting is going to be powerful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    the tv mag I read the other day has alfie getting desperate and alluding to him starting the fire. think if he does and kats disfigured it will be a really good storyline

Too much Zainab/Yusef if he does. They are already echoing the Masoods with Tamwar. And of course Sharon/Phil because he was behind that.

I think it would be better if they played on Kat's fear of Alfie leaving her because her looks are affected. Her view could be that he's put up with enough already because of her cheating.

Don't want to see them splitting again with two infants in tow.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kim_x wrote: »
    Too much Zainab/Yusef if he does. They are already echoing the Masoods with Tamwar. And of course Sharon/Phil because he was behind that.

I think it would be better if they played on Kat's fear of Alfie leaving her because her looks are affected. Her view could be that he's put up with enough already because of her cheating.

Don't want to see them splitting again with two infants in tow.

Exactly.

I hope it isn't Alfie. As the poster I've quoted says, it's too similar to Phil/Sharon. It'd be more interesting if it was Mo (for the same reason as Alfie) but then that would probably be the end of the character. If it happens as soon as Stacey is out of prison, maybe it is someone who has a vendetta against her? Ronnie/Roxy for not serving time for killing their father? Becca?? :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This actually sounds interesting. I echo the sentiment that hopefully it is better than Tam's aftermath.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I am looking forward to it immensely.
  • Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this, It sounds terrific, I think Jesse will be great in it:)

I hope its nothing like the awful Tamwar/Masood sl.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    This actually sounds interesting. I echo the sentiment that hopefully it is better than Tam's aftermath.

It should be a lot better. They are using one of their best actors for a start and it sounds as if the scars will be visible. As always with these s/ls it's the aftermath that counts.

Also Shane can cry for England :D so he should be in his element.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    i think it will be her middle body upper legs somewhere that jessie does not show on a daily basis in the show.

I just cannot see them putting makeup effects on jessie every morning forever on the show its to much uneeded hassle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Exactly.

I hope it isn't Alfie. As the poster I've quoted says, it's too similar to Phil/Sharon. It'd be more interesting if it was Mo (for the same reason as Alfie) but then that would probably be the end of the character. If it happens as soon as Stacey is out of prison, maybe it is someone who has a vendetta against her? Ronnie/Roxy for not serving time for killing their father? Becca?? :D

Those, maybe Dean targeting Stacey for revenge on Sean thinking that Kat and everyone else is out. Ryan? Maybe Stacey tells him he can't see Lily.

According to Unreality TV, the arsonist knows Alfie, Tommy, the twins, Stacey and Big Mo are in the house.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    It should be a lot better. They are using one of their best actors for a start and it sounds as if the scars will be visible. As always with these s/ls it's the aftermath that counts.

Also Shane can cry for England :D so he should be in his element.

Yes when they give JW a decent script she can turn on a great performance. SR can be good too when they don't have him stuck in Cheeky Chappy mode.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    When I first saw the news I thought it was just recovering old ground, but upon reflection, this could be a great plot for Jessie.

Jessie is a superior actress to the guy who plays Tamwar, and the writing/ storytelling has come on ten-fold since that storyline. There was no aftermath, whereas if there's one thing DTC does well (as seen with the Lucy aftermath and Carol's cancer) is that DTC has a way of capturing the human emotion in these big tragedies and really tugging at the heart strings.

It's great to see a storyline for Kat that doesn't involve sex or babies. Everything she has done since her return has pretty much fallen into these two categories. Jessie has always excelled but I'm looking forward to her giving a performance that isn't the same rehashed material from the past 4 years.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This sounds brilliant if EE can pull it off, Jessie is an amazing actress & will be put back into the centre of the show, from reading the Daily Star Article it sounds as if she gets facial burns or body burns as mentioned earlier. This will be very interesting & I hope it is handled sensitively.