The Official Christmas Radio Times 2013 Countdown Thread

AllanAllan Posts: 268
Forum Member
Just getting ready early...!

Comments

• Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member
    Well, it seems a logical time now that the countdown for the 2012 edition is over.

Just 365 days to go! :)
  • AllanAllan Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Paul237 wrote: »
    Well, it seems a logical time now that the countdown for the 2012 edition is over.

Just 365 days to go! :)

Yup! I just couldn't resist it!
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anticipated On Sale Dates

Sat 30 Nov: 7-13 Dec Issue on sale
    Thu 5 Dec: 14-20 Dec Issue on sale
    Sat 7 Dec: 21 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014 Issue on Sale (London)
    Wed 11 Dec : 21 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014 Issue (Nationwide)
    Sat 28 Dec: 4-10 Jan 2014 Issue on sale

Doesnt RT usually have a price rise in Jan. So it could be £1.50 with next years double at a whopping £3.00.
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Anticipated On Sale Dates

Sat 30 Nov: 7-13 Dec Issue on sale
    Thu 5 Dec: 14-20 Dec Issue on sale
    Sat 7 Dec: 21 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014 Issue on Sale (London)
    Wed 11 Dec : 21 Dec 2013 - 3 Jan 2014 Issue (Nationwide)
    Sat 28 Dec: 4-10 Jan 2014 Issue on sale

Excellent fugitive, those dates are going straight into my online diary!
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2014 ?
  • NRGNRG Posts: 3,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has now gone way beyond the joke stage!
    Forum Member
    Stigid wrote: »
    2014 ?

The way the months slip by these days ... probably!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Countdown thread is something that used to be special. But now it is being trivialised by launching it earlier and earlier. For me the 2012 Countdown thread is still relevant because I have yet to get the issue and when I get it it is nice to discuss it with others. The next Radio Times is due on 28th December. That is when the Countdown thread should have launched for 2013. Not before the majority has yet to get this years and when it is in use. I won't participate in this thread anymore until at least the New Year because it is, like bringing out Creme Eggs before Christmas, losing its magic.
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    The Countdown thread is something that used to be special. But now it is being trivialised by launching it earlier and earlier. For me the 2012 Countdown thread is still relevant because I have yet to get the issue and when I get it it is nice to discuss it with others. The next Radio Times is due on 28th December. That is when the Countdown thread should have launched for 2013. Not before the majority has yet to get this years and when it is in use. I won't participate in this thread anymore until at least the New Year because it is, like bringing out Creme Eggs before Christmas, losing its magic.

That's fair comment. I waited until the 2012 one was on sale. I haven't got mine yet because I'm out of the country, but I've downloaded a copy of the front cover (which I think is great!) The thread will still be here, ready to welcome you when the time is right for you to join in.
  • Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,654
    Forum Member

Talking about taking something fun on the internet way too seriously...
  • burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 is still the record earliest to be created (5th December 2010 :eek:)

I wonder whether we'll ever beat that? In fact creating the 2014 one now what not even beat that. Might as well create the 2015 one! :D
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    2012 is still the record earliest to be created (5th December 2010 :eek:)

I wonder whether we'll ever beat that? In fact creating the 2014 one now what not even beat that. Might as well create the 2015 one! :D

I'm not brave enough!
  • BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Love the Christmas Radio Times - Can't wait to get a copy in 2013. Im betting it will be £3.00 a copy next time around however.

Hoping for another illustrated cover as per the previous 2 years
  • leicslad45leicslad45 Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    NRG wrote: »
    This has now gone way beyond the joke stage!
    Totally agree.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batfink wrote: »
    Im betting it will be £3.00 a copy next time around however.

And I'm betting that - assuming the RT goes up 10p at some stage next year - there will be people complaining about that price (along the lines of, "what do you mean I have to pay double for a double issue?").
  • Anthony_RyanAnthony_Ryan Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    It's always a good idea to plan for things in advance and that includes Christmas, I wonder who is going to win the guess the cover competition that Claire's Dad might run for the 2013 double issue ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Pointless Thread Of The Year - clear winner.
  • BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Having managed to get this years copy yet but looking forward to the next 12 months on this thread - it's normally good fun
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for Toy Story 3! What Dreamworks films are likely to be on? Megamind?

Can't believe I'm seriously discussing 2013. :o
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Toy Story 3! What Dreamworks films are likely to be on? Megamind?

Can't believe I'm seriously discussing 2013. :o

I was just thinking myself what films the BBC have next year. Toy Story 3 should be huge!
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only_You wrote: »
    I was just thinking myself what films the BBC have next year. Toy Story 3 should be huge!

The BBC's Disney/Pixar deal runs out on december 31st 2012. Toy Story 3 may be on ITV next year. The BBC will likely air Warhorse though. And I believe they also have a deal with Warner Bros that allows to show terrestrial premieres once Sky has shown them. I may be wrong but the Disney deal is no longer exclusive to them.
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC's Disney/Pixar deal runs out on december 31st 2012. Toy Story 3 may be on ITV next year. The BBC will likely air Warhorse though. And I believe they also have a deal with Warner Bros that allows to show terrestrial premieres once Sky has shown them. I may be wrong but the Disney deal is no longer exclusive to them.

Oh right, thanks. It's getting very confusing now isn't it? When you say they have a deal with Warner Bros, do you mean BBC or ITV?

Also, where do you get all this information from? (hope this doesn't sound rude, I'd just like to use the source myself aswell) :)
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1.60 for Radio Times .Why Is going up 20p every January. It used to go up in 5p and 10p's.

£1.60 is too much to ask for a weekly TV magazine,.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allan wrote: »
    Just getting ready early...!

Pathetic
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    Pathetic

Aye, getting all worked up about a bloody TV listings magazine.
    You couldn't make it up!