The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
um, who/what is Rylan?

This thread is a continuation of: The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLL!!!! :yawn:

I won't get my broadband until the 19th Feb and I'm really paranoid that I'll miss the BBC making an announcement, on the plus side I'll have quite a few entries to catch up with by then. I haven't listened to the Danish entry yet although I understand that there is a lot of hype about it and I can't wait to find out why.

So until the 19th I'll still be fairly quiet. :)
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will be good t have you back full time then, its been a lot quieter with out you.

for Chickens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CTReuSw08

Don't get me wrong he's a nice person and good luck to him and everything but he would just bomb at eurovision and bring the contest down.
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Just WHAT is with that Eurovision Ireland blog and all the non-news? Of course there isn't an announcement at 5pm today... :rolleyes:
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Will be good t have you back full time then, its been a lot quieter with out you.

for Chickens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4CTReuSw08

Don't get me wrong he's a nice person and good luck to him and everything but he would just bomb at eurovision and bring the contest down.

oh jesus. I lasted 30 seconds.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter30 wrote: »
    Just WHAT is with that Eurovision Ireland blog and all the non-news? Of course there isn't an announcement at 5pm today... :rolleyes:

The press always take to twitter pre announcement so we'd know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year the BBC announced in the morning about the announcement, I expect the same this year.
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Haha, just caught up with the end of the last thread.

Graham Norton tweeted Rhydian because he had just been to see him on stage in the Rocky Horror Show.

Rhydian is busy on tour in RHS and in his solo tour and isn't available for Eurovision. Not that I believe he would touch it with a bargepole!! He's far too talented to need Eurovision. :rolleyes:
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the Icelandic performances. So pleased that Jogvan will be in the final with Stef. Good performance and a very good song.

Sylvia prettty much massacred stund meo per. No surprise she didn't qualify. Shame, as it's a good song.

I love that Eg Syng made it although Udder needs vocal lessons fast, she started out okay, but by the end it was all a bit cat strangling.

The surprise of the night for me wasn't Erna's failure, more her performance. I don't really rate the recorded version of Augnablik, but live it sounded like something special. Wonderful performance, especially from the 5 backing singers. I guess Iceland wants a move away from Never Forget territory.

Looking towards the Final I would like it to be Jog'nStef who take the ticket to Malmo.I can see them doing well. Eg Syng would be my alternative mainly for it being something totally different from Iceland. I don't want it to be Birgitta, but I feel the actual winner will be the Egg Man.:(
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Apparently Terry Wogan said on his Radio 2 show today that the our song and artist hadn't even been selected yet.

I think he was just being a bit of a tit about it, though.

In other news, this is in the Israeli NF apparently according to that list- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX79izOiAuQ
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would Wogan know? He barely knew what was going on when he was hosting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm inclined to believe Scott Mills on this one since he's having a say this year, Wogan is just bitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wogan has little to no involvement so why would they tell him anything?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm inclined to believe Scott Mills on this one since he's having a say this year, Wogan is just bitter.

& as per previous thread the SCD producer knows the act
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Apparently Terry Wogan said on his Radio 2 show today that the our song and artist hadn't even been selected yet.

I think he was just being a bit of a tit about it, though.

In other news, this is in the Israeli NF apparently according to that list- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX79izOiAuQ

Wogan knows nothing. He'll be making the assumption that our entry hasn't been selected because it's mostly always been around March time when our entry has been chosen/revealed.

He probably thinks there's going to be some dreadful MYMU show like back in his day. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »
    Rhydian is busy on tour in RHS and in his solo tour and isn't available for Eurovision. Not that I believe he would touch it with a bargepole!! He's far too talented to need Eurovision. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    & as per previous thread the SCD producer knows the act

Did I read somewhere that they got the team behind strictly involved this year?

So much for this Announcement from Rylan anyway :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I read somewhere that they got the team behind strictly involved this year?

So much for this Announcement from Rylan anyway :rolleyes:

They do every year
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    They do every year

And every year they balls IT up! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The List of shame for anyone with 30 posts or more.

Its a joint win for two members with big bro geek and globbits taking 7.4% of the posts each however I was not for behind with 7.3%, and last threads winner Anne tumbles to 4th place with 7.1% just 11 posts short of winning.

big bro geek 268
    globbits 268
    phill363 265
    BBAnne 258
    penguinperson 229
    Chickens hit 218
    steeleuro_wolf 208
    21stCenturyBoy 174
    BigBmad 171
    MissMidgard 116
    Saturn 94
    kvn 91
    rosetta12 85
    Jaccobabe 84
    contejas 83
    Katsuya 78
    Drew Peacock 67
    EuroChris 57
    gottago 51
    Ulfgeirr 48
    avb 39
    RogerMilla 37
    dylanpartyon 33
    weedydiamond 31
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do every year

Oh I thought it was new for this year which gave me some confidence :(
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And welcome to the new thread! should just about see us through the first heat of MelFest ;)
    Forum Member
    BBAnne wrote: »
    And welcome to the new thread! should just about see us through the first heat of MelFest ;)

Unless the UK's artist is revealed this week!
  • UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Danish song.

I didn't expect to like Margaret Berger's song but I do.
    Forum Member
    Does Birgitta's song remind anyone else of Why Start A Fire, or is it just me?!
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat 02/02/2013 Hungary QF1, Malta NF, Iceland Final, MelFest 1, Norway Semi 3

Fri 08/02/2013 Latvia SF1

Sat 09/02/2013 Latvia SF2, Norway Final, Finland Final, Melfest 2, Hungary QF2

Thu 14/02/2013 German NF

Fri 15/02/2013 Austria Final

Sat 16/02/2013 Estonia 1st Semi, Latvian Final, MelFest 3, Hungary QF3

Mon 18/02/2013 Greece NF

Fri 22/02/2013 Irish NF

Sat 23/02/2013 Estonia SF2, MelFest 4, Hungary SF1

Sun 24/02/2013 Hungary SF2

Tue 26/02/2013 Moldova SF1, Israel SF1

Wed 27/02/2013 Israel SF2

Thu 28/02/2013 Moldova SF2

Sat 02/03/2013 Armenia NF, Hungary Final, Estonia Final, Melfest AC, Moldova Final

Sun 03/03/2013 Israel SF4, Serbian NF

Thu 07/03/2013 Israel Final

Sat 09/03/2013 Romania Final, Melfest Final
This discussion has been closed.