Options

please help! i brought a dvd player with no cable.

bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's a lovely DVD player, but it has no cable to connect it to the socket in the wall. Does anyone know a link to buy one? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ps its not a scart lead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, no plug?! Aren't they meant to be fitted? I've never seen one that you can buy.

I'd contact them. Unless someone else corrects me and it's now normal for you to buy your own.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    It's a lovely DVD player, but it has no cable to connect it to the socket in the wall. Does anyone know a link to buy one? Thank you.

I'd suggest looking for the make and model on the relevant manufacturer's website to see if you can find the right power cable/adapter.

If that doesn't work, try Ebay/Amazon for a suitable cable/adapter and if that doesn't work then I'd suggest taking it in to your nearest branch of Maplin to see what they can suggest. Good luck on this one!
  • Options
    barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typically these players have a removable cable & OP probably already has a suitable cable, it's a standard generic item that would fit any double insulated device with a twin pin power socket on back ... just be sure it got a low amp fuse - 3v - and all will be well .... if brand new should have had a cable & OP should pester shop for one .... if from a charity shop they should really have supplied a cable too

... just check & see of cable is still attached to foam packaging??
  • Options
    David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Return to seller/shop.
    It can be dangerous if you have people trying to figure out what mains cord they need.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I got confused. After seeing the cable I realised a lot of appliances have a removable one. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Standard figure 8 cable probably. You can buy them at any electrical store.
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,524
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    Standard figure 8 cable probably. You can buy them at any electrical store.

And probably have one or two already at home?.