Need to recover 5 character registration code for ipad retina

Hi to all

Am tearing my hair out (what's left). I need to find my ipad's 5 character registration code to activate my ipad for Amazon Prime Instant video. Try as I may I cant find a distinct 5 digit code anywhere, back of case, settings, itunes etc etc etc. I can find model no, serial no etc but not this.

Can anyone advise as really bugging me. Have account with Amazon Prime Instant Video but somehow my ipad became "deactivated" and now need to ressurect this.(Can't previously recall using this before when I was with Lovefilm).

To be clear this is not the restriction code, serial no, model no but the code that was first generated when I registered the ipad a year ago. Just don't know how to retrieve it to use my Amaazon Prime account.

Many thanks

Simon

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The code is from Amazon, nothing to do with your iPad.

I use Amazon Instant Video on my iPad and I don't remember having to go through all this.

Have you tried removing the app and starting again?
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    I'm puzzled too. I simply downloaded the Amazon Instant Video app and logged in with my Amazon account details and that was it.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    I'm puzzled too. I simply downloaded the Amazon Instant Video app and logged in with my Amazon account details and that was it.

Same here. Just logged in with my Amazon account. No registration code or any palava needed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/ontv/code?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_572741_40935641&

Hi

Not imagining this honest. Amazon insist that my ipad was deactivated. Don't know how, why, what, when..but it has been deactivated.

I have tried to resolve it via their help site and have had about a dozen emails telling me to re activate using the above link.

I am just about to ring India but am dreading it. Can I just say that no one else in the Western Hemisphere need an activation code.

Simon
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/ontv/code?ie=UTF8&ref_=pe_572741_40935641&

Hi

Not imagining this honest. Amazon insist that my ipad was deactivated. Don't know how, why, what, when..but it has been deactivated.

I have tried to resolve it via their help site and have had about a dozen emails telling me to re activate using the above link.

I am just about to ring India but am dreading it. Can I just say that no one else in the Western Hemisphere need an activation code.

Simon
    We can't read the link as it requires you to log in.

Can you give us the whole story? Instant Video hasn't been going that long. Did you try to remove the app from you iPad and then reinstall it?

Edit:
    I've found this information, which suggests you don't need the code on a iPad
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-1?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201422830&qid=1397829491&sr=1-1

Are you sure you have an iPad and not a different tablet?
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    Try this. Go to the Amazon Instant Video home page and log in. Select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Can you see your device listed there? If so, can you deregister the device, delete the app and start over?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hi again

Many thanks for responses. I've received more helpful, clear advice in 5 minutes on here than days with Amazon. Funnily enough I saw the page referring to ipads but didn't realise it was saying that you could log in from within the Amazon app. Unfortunately they also sent me another link (the one I intended to send) with all the crap about the 5 character registration code etc etc......

Before ringing I did as advised, went to settings, my account etc and noticed that the ipad was registered but linked to one of my many email addresses. I signed out and back in with the other one and everything is now dandy.

Many thanks for saving me the stress of call to India. What really annoys me is that these people must have realised that the code was unnecessary in my case.

Thanks again

Simon