Options

what weird and strange storylines have happened but never been mentioned again?

rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
Forum Member
Marlon chatting to his wifes ghost, never mentioned again
peter and Lucy having telepathic thoughts
Mary kidnapping Norris, never mentioned again by either
Tracy being a murderer hardly ever gets brought up
faye and killing the goldfish
owen threatening Eileen when she worked for him
Dev and deirdre sleeping together

Comments

• Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon's implausible harem of Donna, Laurel, and Rhona. I know they are all insufferable but all well above his station as you know.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharongate or eastenders fair ground smash
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    Marlon chatting to his wifes ghost, never mentioned again
    peter and Lucy having telepathic thoughts
    Mary kidnapping Norris, never mentioned again by either
    Tracy being a murderer hardly ever gets brought up
    faye and killing the goldfish
    owen threatening Eileen when she worked for him
    Dev and deirdre sleeping together
    :o I never knew that
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Eastenders as soon as Ronnie and Alfie had resolved their issues and Ronnie had settled back into the square the baby swapping thing has barely been mentioned and I'm not sure if it's going to be brought up again, I know it's a recent example but it really feels like it never happened. There's also the traditional example of the letters that Billy was stealing but maybe it's for the better that one hasn't been mentioned since then
  • Options
    rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    In Eastenders as soon as Ronnie and Alfie had resolved their issues and Ronnie had settled back into the square the baby swapping thing has barely been mentioned and I'm not sure if it's going to be brought up again, I know it's a recent example but it really feels like it never happened. There's also the traditional example of the letters that Billy was stealing but maybe it's for the better that one hasn't been mentioned since then

emmerdale, eastenders and corrie have all had baby swaps which never get mentioned anymore, even when they mention the kids
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »
    emmerdale, eastenders and corrie have all had baby swaps which never get mentioned anymore, even when they mention the kids

The weirdest one was in Coronation Street when it was revealed that Ryan wasn't Michelle's son because he'd been mistakenly swapped at birth. They brought her real son in for a while before they didn't get on and he was away again. From then on as far as I know it hasn't been mentioned ever since
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    The weirdest one was in Coronation Street when it was revealed that Ryan wasn't Michelle's son because he'd been mistakenly swapped at birth. They brought her real son in for a while before they didn't get on and he was away again. From then on as far as I know it hasn't been mentioned ever since

Yes I was about to post this. It was such a huge clanger of a storyline that it's never been mentioned again!
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks Alien storyline:o
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale. Quite recently, an old man and his son moved in to the village. The woman who works in the cafe, because she was defrocked for something in the medical field, went to be the old man's carer; then he and his son disappeared without trace. Did the defrocked nurse murder them? I think Hotton police should be looking into this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Phil Mitchell on crack...
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kym Marsh's son in Corrie who wasn't her son and was swapped at birth. Or whatever. Stupid storyline - never mentioned again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Billy Mitchell stealing the post and finding a big bag of weed....
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Mary Kidnapping Norris
  • Options
    alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

Even to the point of her yelling to Ryan in an argument "I CARRIED YOU FOR NINE MONTHS!!"
  • Options
    Hildas HairnetHildas Hairnet Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anna Windyarses hubby. Swapped for Faye :o
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale. Quite recently, an old man and his son moved in to the village. The woman who works in the cafe, because she was defrocked for something in the medical field, went to be the old man's carer; then he and his son disappeared without trace. Did the defrocked nurse murder them? I think Hotton police should be looking into this.

Ruby was sacked as the guy's carer when Ali stole money from him and Ruby took the blame while giving it back. ^_^
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Sharongate or eastenders fair ground smash

Didn't the fairground disaster happen nearly 10 years ago now?
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Dev hasn't mentioned Mad Maya since, even though she tried to kill him, Sunita and ruined his shops.

Carla and Maria don't mention Tony Gordon - even though Maria's currently going through a break down due to all her failed relationships.

John Stape is completely forgotten and Fiz's crimes are forgiven.
  • Options
    Milton JonesMilton Jones Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna and Gary not paying Tina's dad for fitting a kitchen and landing him in debt which ultimately lead to his death. It's quite apt that Anna and Gary and her builder boyfriend Owen haven't been paid for a job and are now in debt. Karma.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    The Carla/Michelle/Maria shared history with Liam/Tony is never mentioned and the familial link with Liam Jnr seemingly forgotten.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Didn't the fairground disaster happen nearly 10 years ago now?

Yea it was around then wasnt it jane's first appearance?
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned Billy stealing the post on Eastenders.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    In the 1960's - Crossroads did a witchcraft storyline! ATV were told it was too scary for kiddies watching - so it was dropped immediately!
    They'd laugh at such stuff nowadays!
    Good for Crossroads - they did a similar 'cult' thing in the 80's anyway!:)