✭✭✭
    its Officially the #1 now
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steve2013 wrote: »
    its Officially the #1 now

Woo-hoo!
    Never again can critics say the Voice hasn't produced a success.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Woo-hoo!
    Never again can critics say the Voice hasn't produced a success.

I think it's rather disingenuous to suggest The Voice had any sort of role in her success. She's an act who didn't make the final two years ago and who hasn't even been signed.

She's done hugely well off her own accord, the fact she was also on The Voice UK is just a footnote.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    I think it's rather disingenuous to suggest The Voice had any sort of role in her success. She's an act who didn't make the final two years ago and who hasn't even been signed.

She's done hugely well off her own accord, the fact she was also on The Voice UK is just a footnote.

She is signed! She signed last year. Its clear she was a star when she was on the show,but she got overlooked for Vince who her mentor preferred.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news well done to her. And now the Voice can finally say it's had a number one artist.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She is sign and In fairness though, without the Voice she wouldn't have got the exposer to have gone onto do as well as she's done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member

Err hasn't even been signed.!!!!!! :o She's been signed to parlophone records since the 25th July 2013 :):D:D
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    She is signed! She signed last year. Its clear she was a star when she was on the show,but she got overlooked for Vince who her mentor preferred.

The fact she was only eventually signed last year suggests her recent success was nothing to do with The Voice.

Can't imagine any record label thinking more than a year after she didn't make the final to suddenly approach her.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact she was only eventually signed last year suggests her recent success was nothing to do with The Voice.

Can't imagine any record label thinking more than a year after she didn't make the final to suddenly approach her.

The normal thing is to do the rounds before a record label picks you up, then there is a contract to negotiate. This can take several years. So getting signed in 2013 after doing TVUK in 2012 is pretty fast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Like the song, but the video kinda creeps me out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky now has her own single released on July 22nd.
    Caution to the Wind On soundcloud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky's own single is released today "Caution to the wind"

http://beckyhillofficial.com/
  • snoweyowlsnoweyowl Posts: 1,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased to hear this. I thought she was the best thing on season one. The problem with these shows is that they all seem to default to big ballads. In reality though people don't listen to them much and prefer quieter more engaging music.
  • mashitupmashitup Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant track, I hope it's a massive hit for her :))))