Options

Corrie: Did Peter ever meet Les Battersby?

SplotSplot Posts: 600
Forum Member
✭✭
In a future son in law type way. Can't imagine it.

Comments

• Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They must have met. The actor who plays Peter joined in 1999 and Les didn't leave well into the 2000s.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    abbottab wrote: »
    They must have met. The actor who plays Peter joined in 1999 and Les didn't leave well into the 2000s.

Chris Gasgoyne first appeared as Peter in the live episode in 2000 - that was when Peter returned. I remember him turning up when they were all in the street protesting!

Les left in 2007.
  • Options
    The SnowmanThe Snowman Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They would have quite frequently considering Les' betting habits.

And actually if I remember correctly Les punched Peter when he was main suspect in Toyah's rape.
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But not as a Father in Law type of way as the OP asked...

Leanne and Peter were never a couple while Les was around... She was still shifting it for a Twenty I think...
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only interaction I can recall in a father in law type way was a one sided phone call when Les called to tell Peter he wouldn't be coming to Leanne's 30th.

I think Peter and Leanne got together in 2008/9 and as someone else said, Les left in 2007.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But not as a Father in Law type of way as the OP asked...

Leanne and Peter were never a couple while Les was around... She was still shifting it for a Twenty I think...

Plus, Peter's 16 years older than Leanne. When he returned she was only 19, and she'd just been with Nick then - who was 20 and looked it!

It's stretches the imagination to believe Old Nick is only 6 months older than Leanne! He's 33 but he looks as old as Peter! (49)
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Plus, Peter's 16 years older than Leanne. When he returned she was only 19, and she'd just been with Nick then - who was 20 and looked it!

It's stretches the imagination to believe Old Nick is only a year older than Leanne! He's 33 but he looks as old as Peter! (49)

That has just bent my head... :confused::)
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »

It's stretches the imagination to believe Old Nick is only 6 months older than Leanne! He's 33 but he looks as old as Peter! (49)

Yip there's only 4 years between Chris Gascoyne (46) and Ben Price (42) whereas Jane Danson is only 35.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Yip there's only 4 years between Chris Gascoyne (46) and Ben Price (42) whereas Jane Danson is only 35.

To be fair Leanne looks easily in her late 30s early 40s but Peter OMG :o Nick could pass for 50 though :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As I remember Leanne and the last Nick as teenage newylweds .... it boggles the mind a bit to believe these two are still just 6 months apart in age! lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To be fair Leanne looks easily in her late 30s early 40s but Peter OMG :o Nick could pass for 50 though :blush:

Leanne looks her age, to me. 33, No way in the world does she look in her 40's! Nick, however, could easily pass for 50!
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »

I think the actor for Nick looks good for his age, and I like the character, but he looks nowhere near as young as Nick is supposed to be.
    What on earth were the casting directors thinking? :confused: