Sian Lloyd ''Quits ITV''

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    red16v wrote: »

You are a star!!! I knew someone on here would know. Robin.... Where did I get Martin or Sam!! Thank you!!
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura's another one stolen from the BBC because they sensed she was popular and thought she'd help launch GMB. They should have kept Lucy in the role however it's worked out great for her as she went on to get the cushy National weather slot and escaped being associated with the trash which is GMB.

Laura Tobin left the BBC a few years ago to join Daybreak, and was kept as part of teh GMB team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    ITV has confirmed that long-standing weather presenter Sian Lloyd has left the network after 24 years. Her agent said she was pursuing ''new opportunities'' filming for ITV, BBC and S4C and doing corporate and charity work. She also runs her own internet weather web site. ITV said she had left of her own volition.

- The Sun

Good.

I've NEVER understood why this woman was on air.

She had no charisma and was thoroughly disengaging when speaking about the weather.

Plus, she had this weird thing when talking which is difficult to describe but you'd often hear her tongue moving in the back of her mouth.

Good riddance.
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    Good.

I've NEVER understood why this woman was on air.

She had no charisma and was thoroughly disengaging when speaking about the weather.

Plus, she had this weird thing when talking which is difficult to describe but you'd often hear her tongue moving in the back of her mouth.

Good riddance.

And in real life off screen was very up herself and ignorant
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kernalpop wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a competition This Morning ran on ITV for a new weather presenter. A guy won it called Martin or Sam. Does anyone know what happened to him. He seems to have disappeared of the screens and even google can't find him. I am racking my brain trying to remember his name but reckon someone on here will know.... :)

That would be Robin Lermitte, who became Robin McCallum.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    realwales wrote: »
    That would be Robin Lermitte, who became Robin McCallum.

Why would ITV need to run a competition for a weather presenter - there seem to be hundreds of them around.
  • smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't need her. ITV National Weather has Lucy Verasamy, Alex Beresford and Becky Mantin which is plenty to cover the national forecasts for the week.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    They didn't need her. ITV National Weather has Lucy Verasamy, Alex Beresford and Becky Mantin which is plenty to cover the national forecasts for the week.

How can you say that when she was there first?