Has The PC Brigade Killed Off Any Future BB?

40-40J's40-40J's Posts: 6,046
Forum Member
How will all this affect future BB - Celeb or other?

Will the 'white' contestants feel that they can no longer have a disagreement or dislike for any 'ethnic' contestant for fear of a Jade type backlash? Will BB decide not to put any 'ethnic minorities' in house? Will we then have a cry from the PC brigade that BB are being 'racist' for not doing so?

May be next time BB should have all bar one 'white' person in the house and the rest of 'ethnic minority' decent and see how they all get on.

Let's see the uproar when the said 'token white' dishes up a large plate of Spam Fritters, Mushy Peas & Chips ("cos I ain't keen on bleedin' rice and blackeye peas, am I") and watch them complain that it's pink in the middle!!!

This is not meant as a 'racist post', just a diabolical one.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    Let's just stick Big Ron Atkinson and Nick Griffin in the next CBB house, if there is one. Is that what you want?
  • OctronOctron Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    No! JADE has with JADES actions
    JADE being a racist
    JADE being a bully

So nothing to with us and loads to do with her.

Face reality!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Where do the PC Brigade hold their meetings?

Do they have a published membership, balance sheet etc.?

Are they a company, charity or military organisation?

OP, please tell me. I've been asking these questions for years and I've yet to receive a response.

Alternatively, they could just be a figment of the imagination of the less tolerant in society, a creation to save making a real argument.

Surely not?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Octron wrote:
    Face reality!

You mean turn off the tv and go outside?

I'm scared...
  • California GirlCalifornia Girl Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    Who exactly is this PC Brigade? I think I might like to join.
  • Caged KittyCaged Kitty Posts: 15,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40-40J's wrote:
    How will all this affect future BB - Celeb or other?

Will the 'white' contestants feel that they can no longer have a disagreement or dislike for any 'ethnic' contestant for fear of a Jade type backlash? Will BB decide not to put any 'ethnic minorities' in house? Will we then have a cry from the PC brigade that BB are being 'racist' for not doing so?

May be next time BB should have all bar one 'white' person in the house and the rest of 'ethnic minority' decent and see how they all get on.

Let's see the uproar when the said 'token white' dishes up a large plate of Spam Fritters, Mushy Peas & Chips ("cos I ain't keen on bleedin' rice and blackeye peas, am I") and watch them complain that it's pink in the middle!!!

This is not meant as a 'racist post', just a diabolical one.

Surely you cannot seriously label anyone who was appalled by the kind of behaviour we witnessed this week in the CBB house "the PC Brigade"!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are I find that completely astounding. I am a huge fan of some unpolitically correct comedy but not a fan of racist remarks or bullying. :mad:
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OP, please tell me. I've been asking these questions for years and I've yet to receive a response.

Alternatively, they could just be a figment of the imagination of the less tolerant in society, a creation to save making a real argument.

Surely not?

Well said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely not?

And I would also like to know where I purchase these race cards we allegedly keep on playing too. Are they like an ordinary pack of cards or more like Tarot cards?
  • California GirlCalifornia Girl Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    You mean turn off the tv and go outside?

I'm scared...

Me to - people shouldn't even joke about such things! :eek:
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote:
    Well said.

What odds a reasonable reply, Stoatie? Like I said, I've been waiting years... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member

Surely not?

Will you marry me? :p
    Forum Member
    Josie78 wrote:
    Will you marry me? :p

Three posts in, Josie, and a marriage proposal. You don't muck about do you? :D

Unfortunately, snapped up many years back, sorry... :cry:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately, snapped up many years back, sorry... :cry:;)

Well technically me too so don't tell him! :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'PC Brigade' - essential part of every racist's vocabulary :)
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What odds a reasonable reply, Stoatie? Like I said, I've been waiting years... ;)

I'll go with your "figment of the imagination" option, I reckon.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the Paranoia Brigade would shut up about the PC Brigade...........

And why are these things always 'Brigades' ?..........
    Forum Member
    Josie78 wrote:
    Well technically me too so don't tell him! :o:D

Josie, I'm shocked. A little bit amused too, though...

I said amused. :D
  • electra123electra123 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to laugh. the pc brigade. but i love their little outfits, and they do such dinky things with those batons and all.

but seriously, this is a diabolical post. your joke, if it is a joke, is just depressingly similar to the rank and bitter outpourings of people who just can't accept that a lot of people share a basic sense of right and wrong, nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with a human correctness.

All this is just a refusal by a large number of ordinary people to accept that we should celebrate, reward or otherwise sanction ignorance, in any form or shape. When you belittle it as political correctness you are barking not only up the wrong tree, but up no tree at all.
  • DOGDOG Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that they have guaranteed that any future house mates who have a problem with a black one will now be persecuted on-line and in the media for being a raciest. :mad:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In BB6 there was a definite black/white divide, but no one took much notice, even though it was mentioned several times by various HMs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP forgot to mention 'do-gooders' + 'woolly liberals' :p
  • BarbellaBarbella Posts: 5,417
    Forum Member
    The producers of BB are the ones who screwed up -not us.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOG wrote:
    It seems to me that they have guaranteed that any future house mates who have a problem with a black one will now be persecuted on-line and in the media for being a raciest. :mad:

I don't believe that. Maxwell was a halfwit who really laid into Kemal and Science. But no one ever suggested he was a racist, because, for all his faults, he clearly wasn't (Saskia's views were a bit dubious though, as I recall).
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The OP forgot to mention 'do-gooders' + 'woolly liberals' :p

Have they got their own Brigades ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    DOG wrote:
    Rubbish - you can criticise people up to the eyeballs, it's just that, you know, in the 21st century, most people look down on bringing race into it. It's fine to call someone boring or annoying or anything else. Just don't bring race into it.