Options

Michael Angelis in Shameless?

AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Was that Michael Angelis (the former Mr. UK Thomas the Tank Engine) as the bald policeman in Shameless? His accent sounded so familiar. I haven't found anything on the net that says it was him, and the credits were so blurry and fast I couldn't see who it was who played the character. Can anyone answer my question? Did I watch my favourite actor without realising it was actually him? Although, I haven't seen what he looks like now, I've only SEEN him in Boys from the Blackstuff as Chrissie, but that was the 80's, when he was in his early 30's. He would've changed considerably in 25 years.

Comments

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Stan? He's played by Warren Donnelly

http://www.dalypearson.co.uk/page.asp?partid=76
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    You mean Stan? He's played by Warren Donnelly

http://www.dalypearson.co.uk/page.asp?partid=76

Thanks very much! It was just his accent made me think of Michael. The last I've heard of him he was in The Bill, in the episode 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' but didn't watch it. It's no-where on the internet.
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdamDowds wrote: »
    Thanks very much! It was just his accent made me think of Michael. The last I've heard of him he was in The Bill, in the episode 'Good Cop, Bad Cop' but didn't watch it. It's no-where on the internet.

I remember him from BFTBS. Wasn't he with helen worth for years and years too? Think he found a younger model in the end.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I remember him from BFTBS. Wasn't he with helen worth for years and years too? Think he found a younger model in the end.
    Yes, they were married.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My abiding memory of Michael Angelis was as Lucian in the Liver Birds and his obsession with his rabbits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    My abiding memory of Michael Angelis was as Lucian in the Liver Birds and his obsession with his rabbits.

absolutely - i am now mum to a one year old..imagine finding Lucien as the voice of Thomas the Tank Engine!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd love to see him in that. Does anybody know where they're up to in the repeats on Paramount Comedy 2?