Options

Headcases Appreciation Thread

AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The thread already going at the moment is just a thread for general chat about the show. This thread is for everyone who likes the show to talk about their favourite sketches, least favourite sketches, who they would like to see in the show and to create their own sketches in a new competition I'm planning.

So, to start, my favourite sketches are the Mohammed Al Fayed's World of Conspiraces. The music is great and when he falls out of the chair I can't stop laughing! He always blames Prince Phillip for everything that happens!

Comments

• Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will give it another week to improve, but to date it has definitely been more hit than miss.

I am still wondering why the animators used on this show were never taught lipsync skills.
  • Options
    PowerJCPowerJC Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it every week, and most sketches have been very dissapointing, good concept but poor implementation. And some terrible concepts and even poorer implementations! And I don't think you'll get many posts in here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdamDowds wrote: »
    So, to start, my favourite sketches are the Mohammed Al Fayed's World of Conspiraces. The music is great and when he falls out of the chair I can't stop laughing! He always blames Prince Phillip for everything that happens!

Thats our fave, and I like the Heather Mills one too
  • Options
    AdamDowdsAdamDowds Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PowerJC wrote: »
    I watch it every week, and most sketches have been very dissapointing, good concept but poor implementation. And some terrible concepts and even poorer implementations! And I don't think you'll get many posts in here.

But I'm sure lots of people enjoy the show. Otherwise, it wouldn't have got 4 million viewers two weeks in a row!
  • Options
    Channel HopperChannel Hopper Posts: 15,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4 million each week (not necessarily the same 4 million ) were hoping for something that could equal the last great political / zeleb satire TV shows. Ithasn't worked as yet.

Maybe they need to get in writers that can look at a headliner with some lateral thinking, Brooker for instance delivers with a stroke of genius with his particular viewpoints, as does Harry Hill.

People are expecting it to live up to Spitting Image proportions as it was one of the first satirical looks on those in the news, but animation wise, Headcases falls far short of the series 'Monkey Dust', which has rightfully achieved cult status, despite being on a really tight budget.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Dust