Options

EastEnders - Kathy Beale returns (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So who is buried next to Pete then if this is correct:confused:

A person who died and was conveniently used as a substitute for Kathy or some sand bags , if Kathy had been in hiding or witness protection that could easily have been arranged and if Ian did not view the body he would never have known.
    Fair_Doos wrote: »
    Wonder what story they can use to bring her back, witness protection is a cop out, used to many times, need something new. She been in prison maybe. To ashamed to tell her kids (maybe murder also) I mean really what would stop her contacting ian? Can't be Phil, he seems to have gone right to ian to let him know plus Kathy would not let Phil tell her what to do. DTC better have a good believable reason.

Witness Protection has not been used too many times in EE and would be the most plausible , also to bring Ben back etc Ian would have needed to go through formalities which if Kathy was in prison would never have happened without Ian knowing the truth. Kathy may have had the option of taking Ben into WP but decided she wanted him to have a normal safe life ( little does she know) and asked for Ben to be with Ian.
  • Options
    iveivaniveivan Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    A person who died and was conveniently used as a substitute for Kathy or some sand bags , if Kathy had been in hiding or witness protection that could easily have been arranged and if Ian did not view the body he would never have known.

Was Les the funeral director back then too?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    As I posted the other night the circumstances and details of Kathy's death came across as suspicious in 2006.

Ian received a phone call on 20th Feb 2006 to say that Kathy had died in a car accident in South Africa after a 13 year old joyrider hit their car.

Ian immediately flew out to South Africa to get Ben and to identify Kathy's body and arrange her funeral. When Ian arrived he found that her body had already been buried, therefore he could not identify her body at the time. Ian went on what he was told by others out there that she had died, without actually seeing her.

No one is presumed dead then buried within a couple of days.
    I agree so suspicious that a great many fans didn't believe in the death and were still suggesting years later that there was more to it.

Phil obviously found something out in prison and went off to investigate it following his release. It's a bit of a stretch that he could locate Kathy but Phil often achieves results that for anyone else would be unlikely.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iveivan wrote: »
    Was Les the funeral director back then too?

You never know :D With WP the authorities could make it all happen as normal.
  • Options
    Bingo_Bingo_ Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mabye she got herself into debt. Gambling. Owed the wrong sort of people too much money. First they threatened her in South Africa then they threatened her family. The only way to protect Ben and Ian and the kids was to disappear. So she did.

Maybe her 'I want to come home Phil' and pleading with him is't asking him to allow her back but to help her with the people she owes money do to who have somehow tracked her down.

She did seem agitated and in a hurry to leave once she got that text.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely there is only WP that can explain it. I've no idea how Phil come to find out in prison though. BTW what did Gavin do for a job in south Africa?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Shes Back!!!!!!!!!!!!

DTC you are brilliant!!!

*Searches for this comment for ages*:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She could be a cylon. Although. Like the prison idea. Maybe Gavin and Kathy breached some public decency laws on a drive and they ended up in jail. Or, she and Gavin did something murderous, or she killed him, or she killed him in self defence and Phil being a dick took opportunity. Peggy was a bad influence then. Or maybe she told him she wanted to do other things. Selfish. With Ben in Gavin's sister's custody, initially. We've never met her, so she could be anyone and easily exploitable. Maybe she fell in love with him. So many have, and you know you all would. I would. He could have paid off sister to just give Ben up and then get involved with the sandbag burial. Or he goes to Kathy in prison and gives out to her and convinces her he's taking Ben.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Me too! I couldn't remember the user name of the person so was searching high and low! thanks for that CherryRose! :D

Yeah she PMd me. First time and everything, I seriously didn't think DTC was that stupid. I went into another thread and was like I was bloody wrong. I admit that but considering this was a sensationalist bollocks I am not too fussed. When Santer considering this too ridiculous you know that says something.

I wont lie this is never how EE was intended to be and that was the soap I fell in love with. I am not interested in back from the dead stories. Gillian seems lovely but this SL sucks.

But I am guessing Mark Fowler, Pete Beale and Angie Watts can all come back. I hope its not kidnapping or witness protection. In fact the latter worries me more as people thinking that Kathy could be in witness protection don't understand how it works or they would know for many reasons its totally impossible.
    I love Angie more than anyone and considering Sharon was her carer she never stated she was there when Angie took her last breath. If Angie returned I would be gutted EE jumped the shark and worse with a character I care about turning her into a joke. Zombie Kathy is a joke.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    The show lost any real credibility years ago, it has 3 murderers on one street soon to be 4 lets be honest here, no one would care much might kick up a bit of fuss but most would accept it, as long as it don't go to HO lengths I think it be ok, but it's probably just pure speculation and has nothing to do with Kathy.
    Brilliant post Im in full agreement
  • Options
    GothamGotham Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good oul Phil, he's going to have 3 women on the go now.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    I think just like with Den, they've left it far too late to bring her back.

Ian has relied on his many wives/partners to help him get through things that he may have fallen back onto Kathy for and I generally think too much water has gone under the bridge to make it worth her while coming back.

Even with Ben, the damage has been done to him to a very large extent and even if he improves as a person, does anyone want him to? I doubt people would like a "redeemed" Ben would they?
  • Options
    DIsco_kidDIsco_kid Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    To anyone who doesn't believe Kaffy coming back is plausible, and complain they'll never be able to watch EastEnders again due to this story's lack of credibility, please consider this:

You already watch a show which has characters who:

Speak in a way which means they repeat themselves endlessly to hammer home storylines to viewers who are slow, or have missed it.

Seem to have an inability of sensing any other character's true emotions until a moment when it is most convenient to the viewer for "everything to fall into place"

Have no ability to hear anything that happens in any other room of their house, including murder.

... but are able to hear conversations from across a pub, or behind 12 inches of brick if it helps the story

Are constantly broke, but drink daily and don't look for work anywhere other than within 500 metres of where they live.

Are still broke even when they own houses which are in today's standards are worth in excess of £1.5 million.

Don't commute anywhere.

Live with each other in the roles of family members when there's actually no connection whatsoever

Get married 4 times each

Don't have washing machines

Don't go to the toilet

Murder, rape, steal, seriously injure, shoot, slap, and shag with no real consequences.

And COME BACK FROM THE DEAD!

My point is all the above happens, and now the Kaffy thing is unrealistic?!

But I love it for all those reasons and If it's good, like it is now, and they make me believe it by being clever, I'll forgive them the bits of creative licence.

None of it's believable really is it?
  • Options
    bossbirdbossbird Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    It has to be Kathy, so much slots into place. Don't forget Adam actually said last week as soon as the Lucy story ends he has a new storyline that is a big risk and he hoped the show would be able to pull it off.

Take from that what you will....
    Was I the only one wishing it was Grant getting out of the car and not Kathy ....................
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    delete
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE writer Gillian Richmond posted this on twitter

Awesome day at #eastenders today. huge thanks to @NicPhillipsTVuk @LauriebrettX @McfaddenSteve Letitia Dean & all crew. x

and Laurie Brett replied with

Laurie Brett ‏@LauriebrettX 3h3 hours ago
    @WriterRichmond @LotteryLarry @NicPhillipsTVuk @McfaddenSteve exhausted, but seriously satisfied... Great words,director cast n crew. Vodka

Filming her big return episodes it seems.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ta H. Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Only just saw the photos on the BBC about Kathy and Gavin by the runway, with Phil hugging Kathy. Wonder what that is all about.

I am very intrigued by is whole plot.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Only just saw the photos on the BBC about Kathy and Gavin by the runway, with Phil hugging Kathy. Wonder what that is all about.

I am very intrigued by is whole plot.

I've just had a look at the photos.

Kathy is now a pilot? :confused::D
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Just rewatching live week and it struck me. All this talk about Gavin being Sharon's real dad may be a red herring... If he's also Ian's real father :o

(Would explain the hold he seems likely to have over Kathy)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    Just rewatching live week and it struck me. All this talk about Gavin being Sharon's real dad may be a red herring... If he's also Ian's real father :o

(Would explain the hold he seems likely to have over Kathy)

I think if they tamper with the back history too much it will be like tarnishing Julia Smith & Tony Holland original premise (although to some that's already happen), Ian is a Beale, Pete is he dad, taking that away would just make things meaningless and a step to far.

It's contrived but having Gavin be Sharon dad is easier and they've had a bit more leeway to connect unassuming facts from the past, Gavin was the name given as her father back in 1990 and was just left there nothing more was said or done, the name Gavin was given to Kathy unseen husband, probably just a very fortunate coincidence that has worked in their favor, they could have obviously changed it but didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ian is a Beale, they couldn't take that bloodline away from him as its far too important. Lauren's baby will be Lou Beales great great grandson, it's great to see her family is continuing to grow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    I've just had a look at the photos.

Kathy is now a pilot? :confused::D

Bit of a change from serving up burnt bacon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Ian is a Beale, they couldn't take that bloodline away from him as its far too important. Lauren's baby will be Lou Beales great great grandson, it's great to see her family is continuing to grow.

Has it been confirmed she having a boy?, I feel like I've missed episodes can't even remember if Ian knows or if Lauren's been mentioned since she left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed she having a boy?, I feel like I've missed episodes can't even remember if Ian knows or if Lauren's been mentioned since she left.

I meant grandchild, sorry :D