Orange, How Much Is Mobile Browsing Per MB (pay Monthly)?

pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
Forum Member
I have searched Orange's website and it has the cost of using your phone to connect to the internet in every country on earth except for the UK.

They will tell me how much add ons cost, but I don't have an add on. I just want to know how much per MB orange charge when using your phone to surf the net.

I'm on the Orange 15 (36 month) pay monthly contract.

Anyone know the cost per MB of mobile browsing please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a £1.50 daily cap on that plan - click on out of plan costs (as there is on most others) if you don't have any browsing bundles.

But if you didn't have a daily cap on your account then it's a quid a MB.

If you think you're going to be using the browser quite a lot on a particular day then call up and get the unlimited daily bundle applied for a quid.
  • pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. Yes, I have the daily cap thing. I was just wondering how much it is if I don't reach the cap. Couldn't find it anywhere, it isn't even listed under the out of plan costs.

Was tearing my hair out trying to find it. Seems Orange want to keep it a secret, so thanks for letting me know it's £1/MB.
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pje1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Yes, I have the daily cap thing. I was just wondering how much it is if I don't reach the cap. Couldn't find it anywhere, it isn't even listed under the out of plan costs.

Was tearing my hair out trying to find it. Seems Orange want to keep it a secret, so thanks for letting me know it's £1/MB.

It's there on the website, though I found it by looking on the T&C's for going over your bundle allowance.

It should be clearer in all fairness. I *think* that things like that maybe printed on the back of a bill also.
  • pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    TTTV wrote: »
    It's there on the website, though I found it by looking on the T&C's for going over your bundle allowance.

It should be clearer in all fairness. I *think* that things like that maybe printed on the back of a bill also.

Should just be listed in the out of plan costs bit.

Having to search through T&C's to find something that a lot of people are going to want to know seems ridiculous to me.

I still can't find the relevant T&C's on the Orange site that tells me the cost. All I can find is this and unless I'm blind it's not mentioned:

http://www1.orange.co.uk/entertainment/OrangeWorld/terms.php
    1. The Offer is a daily cap on data browsing (the ‘Offer') for new and existing Orange Pay Monthly customers
    2. The Offer provides a limit in your daily spending of £1.50 subject to clause 3. Before reaching this limit your standard service plan rates apply. Daily spending is considered between 0.00 and 23.59 of the same day.
    3. The Offer is subject to a fair usage level of 25Mb per day and is not to be used for other activities such as, non-Orange internet based streaming services, voice or video over the internet, instant messaging, peer to peer file sharing, non-Orange internet based video. Should you exceed this limit or if such use is detected, notice may be given and Network protection controls may be applied to all services which Orange does not believe constitutes mobile browsing. This may result in, at Orange's discretion, your inability to purchase The Offer, a reduced speed of transmission, suspension of data browsing services and/or suspension of your account.
    4. The Offer can only be used in the UK. Any use outside of the UK will be charged at the relevant international rates.
    5. The Offer does not include event charges such as for ringtones or games (transport costs for these events are included).
    6. Usage of data under The Offer will not contribute to any rewards or other promotions offered by Orange from time to time.
    7. Orange reserves the right to amend or vary these terms or to withdraw The Offer at any time on reasonable notice.
    8. Downloading or applying for The Offer may result in the suspension or deletion of any previous data bundle (or data tariff) on your Device.
    9. Your application for The Offer will be subject to Orange approval and compatibility with your current talkplan. You will be notified by text message once The Offer has been applied to your account. Until receipt of this confirmation your standard service plan rates shall apply.
    10. The Offer is subject to the applicable Standard Network Terms which should be viewed at www.orange.co.uk. In the event if inconsistency between these Offer terms and the Standard Network Terms the Standard Network Terms shall apply.