Options

EE tonight: Where did that come from?

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
Wasn't expecting anything great tonight yet it turned out to be one of my favorites episodes of the year!! Lindsay Coulson and Linda Henry together were brilliant, that is the Shirley I like seeing and of course Lindsay just knocks it out the park once again. That final scene was fantastic!
Also loved the Tamwar and Nancy stuff and Tamwar's scars are still remembered.

Sometimes we know if an episode is gonna be good but tonight was totally unexpected
10/10 for me!

Comments

• Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it really good! A good mix of both characters & the very unexpected Carol & Shirley friendship. Glad the writers didn't forget about Shirley's Cancer scare.
  • Options
    Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with the OP. An episode that centred around four characters all who have the acting talent and prowess to carry such an emotionally charged episode with aplomb :):)
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing episode. Brilliantly acted and well written.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    It was an incredible episode. One of my favourites to date.

10/10 from me!
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with everyone else! Nice to see Shirley being supportive and more of Tamwar/Nancy's relationship.
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So powerful
    Rewound the ending a few times :) lovely!
    .. In a sweet way.. Not lovely to see someone's breast area
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really going to miss Carol
  • Options
    Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such powerful acting from Lindsey as always never really gets the credit she deserves.
    I know "Shirley" gets stick but boy oh boy Linda can also smash it out the park when given something great too work with and it always seems too be the softer side of Shirley!!

Loved the fact they remember a few old storylines
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it would be a good episode but it was amazing, Linda and Lyndsey were brilliant.
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree; it was powerful and moving.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was first time in ages that Shirley did something honourable. This reconfirms my view that when she is involved with anyone OTHER THAN her family, she shines. I've wanted Carol and Shirley to interact and tonight we got it in a big way. With Lindsey Coulson leaving, it's great they managed to have this episode.

Linda and Lindsey are two of the show's finest actresses. Carol seemingly has chemistry with everyone around her, in spite of her character. The sheer acting talent of Coulson just carries these scenes.

It sucks that Shirley will revert back to her grim self around Dean, Buster and the Vic Carters (she's a tad better around Tina), but when she's around the likes of Carol, Denise, Kim, Patrick Masood, Jane, Dot, Cora, etc she becomes this different person. She really needed Heather at a time like this. I suppose we'll see Shirl's better side next week with Jean briefly returning.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the Carol/Shirley scenes. Great acting. The whole ep was good.
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I VERY rarely pay attention to EE (it's usually background nose) but the carol sherliy bit! For once I looked up from my computer and watched it. I'll admit I had a tear in my eye at the end.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it sounded good when I read the spoilers and was looking forward to it - it didn't disappoint. Coulson and Henry are the best actresses in the show, and imo play characters who are always compelling to watch.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep the good stuff coming Eastenders
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the Tamwar/Nancy scenes tonight too. EE has been great this week! :cool: