Options

Nokia vs Bluetooth

JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
Forum Member
I'm struggle to beleive this so i'm hoping someone will tell me it's not true

I have Sony Ericsson w890i and my friend has Nokia

I want to send her 15 mp3's in a folder by bluetooth

1/ Nokia wont accept a folder so I had to send 15 individual mp3s and she has to make a folder for them

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2/ Nokia wont let you choose where to put the incomming files - it doesn't even store tham as files - it stores them as message attachments - then she has to open each msg, save each file seperately, delete each msg

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3/ Surely that's as bad as it gets - right?

Wrong - She has a 2 gig card fitted but it saves on the miniscule phone memory - so after like 3 tracks it out of memory so i cant even send the 15 files as a batch

Double - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As you might imagine we gave up in the end

Tell me I have this all wrong and none of this is true

If not, can you tell me at least 'some' of this is wrong, and there's an easier way to bluetooth a folder of mp3's (she doesn't have a PC so that's not an option)

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you have a PC right? Just need to attach her memory card to your computer and copy them across.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    you don't say what nokia it is, but generally you can move the message storage to the memory card. and you can also use zip.

i didn't think that BT object push supported sending folders????

for moving that amount of data P2P bluetooth is never that pleasant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote: »
    Well you have a PC right? ...

Yes but it means her lending me her memory card which leaves her phone a bit redundant for a few days
    flagpole wrote: »
    you don't say what nokia it is, but generally you can move the message storage to the memory card. and you can also use zip.

i didn't think that BT object push supported sending folders????

for moving that amount of data P2P bluetooth is never that pleasant.

Hpw do you move the message storage - it's 6120 classic (symbian i think)

If i zipped up the folder could she unzip it?

P.S. I've sent a folder to another SE containing 200+ files - took about 20 minutes - but it worked - the folder structure was the same and it went direct to his memory card so he had to do nothing but wait

EDIT: slight underestimated - just counted and there's actually a whooping 528 files in the folder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    honestly find another way. just use a card reader. usb.

messages - settings - other - memory in use on mine.

i don't know if the 6120c can unzip or not. it is symbian but i don't know if has the zip client
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Its going to take you a long time to transfer 528 files at the slow speed that Bluetooth uses. I think you should do what flagpole suggests.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it took about 20 mins to send 528 files but they were only small (about 200k)

it's only few mp3's but it's such a debarcle so maybe easier to lend me her memory card for few days

it's shame mine has differnt type of card too, otherwise i could plugged her card in my phone and moved them over as a complete folder

dont think sony>usb>nokia would work would it?
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Depends which Nokia it is, some of the smartphones can act as a USB host.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    prking wrote: »
    Depends which Nokia it is, some of the smartphones can act as a USB host.

Which ones??? i've never seen this.

i'd love usb hosting.