Options

Doctor Who 11th June - post airing discussion (merged)

1808182838486»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    I think the internet comment was complete tongue in cheek, reverse psychology for the saddos (and to drum up some last minute interest in whoisdoctorwho and so on in the casuals). It may be that that was the reason, but my cynical side feels it was an incredibly well chosen moment for a tribute. (I'll get a work colleague to prescribe something - too many racing thoughts and connections :o )
    Anorak I could cope with, but 'saddo' ??? :mad:

He he - just joking... I'll have a large valium on the rocks please, and hang the side effects. It's about the only way I'm going to get through all the excitement until tomorrow night :D

Oh, and I still quite like the idea that the best way to hide something is to leave it where everyone can see it - remember the Doctor arriving outside 10 Downing Street and waving to the cameras, after saying to Rose he was going 'incognito'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so totally loving all of this! I'm still not heading over to spoiler city, just in case they have got chapter and verse there, and I'm terribly grateful to all of you wonderful people for not spoiling on here (I'm still not highlighting any little grey boxes anywhere until 26-and-a-bit hours' time, even if they do turn out to say 'Lovett' :D).

If there's a massive campaign of misinformation/disinformation - well, that's just continuing a marvellous repeated meme, very fittingly, and oh gosh, isn't absolutely everything absolutely wonderful, really?

I'll trot back out to the garden soon, taking Pollyanna with me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neardark wrote:
    I am so totally loving all of this!
    Me too - and I'm still finding it very hard to find any 'swearing-on' material... can't I just promise to be very, very good? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Me too - and I'm still finding it very hard to find any 'swearing-on' material... can't I just promise to be very, very good? :D
    I'll trust you - because I know you don't want me tap-dancing, and singing, to Lullaby of Broadway in spikey-wikey heelie-weelies on the concrete over your head, now, do you? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neardark wrote:
    I'll trust you - because I know you don't want me tap-dancing, and singing, to Lullaby of Broadway in spikey-wikey heelie-weelies on the concrete over your head, now, do you? ;)
    One is quite enough, thankyou. Mind you - showtunes? Mmm I could be tempted.:D
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    On the notion of RTD posting here, I think it would be rather nice if he did make himself known and say hello once the series has finished - he can always sign up for a new ID if he wanted to remain anonymous.

Not sure if that's a good idea. If he likes a joke (who am I kidding - course he does) then maybe he will enjoy being unmasked...probably defrocked even...

But ever since I posted the idea that we hunt for RTD I have been sort of regretting it for fear that it might scare him off. This has been such a wonderful, friendly, ideas rich community that I doubt the real RTD would mind revealing all. Yet this thread might be read by others without the same sort of reverence we have...you know tabloid hacks who might find it a good story that RTD played games with Who fans on line.

So, really, I dont mind if he appears like a Dalek out of the mist after Saturday night to say - hi - you did not realise it but I was a wolf in the pack all along. Or whether he stays hidden. I would not like to pressurise a single person off here. And so either way its up to him.

And I have officially stopped looking for RTD lurking in our midst. Still think he was there, but to me it was just one part of the whole experience brought about by this great success of a series enhanced by reading this list to another dimension.

I want RTD back here in future knowing he is welcome and if secrecy is important for him to do that it is fine by me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    One is quite enough, thankyou. Mind you - showtunes? Mmm I could be tempted.:D
    If Chrissie had seen this side of your character, she'd never have done what she did. There would have been no night of the black dog - although its reappearance in the background of the nightclub scene in EC is still rather spooky ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm RTD - One anagram of Onion Three Thousand is RTD ON INANE HOTHOUSE

I know, I know, no more bloody anagrams.... :o
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

I've only just noticed that 'Bad Wolf' is being repeated tonight at 9pm on BBC3 :D - I'm sure everyone else but me already knew this and somehow I've just managed to miss various posts saying about it, but I thought that just in case you were all as much in the dark about this as I was I'd mention it :D

Been reading what everyone's been saying about RTD switching endings or changing scenes and giving us all, even 'spoiler loving having read everything she possibly can' people like me, a surprise. :D I don't actually think he's going to do this, but it is an interesting idea and with several alternate endings being filmed it is certainly a possibility. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    your right it maybe a total smoke screen the video they gave to the press etc was fake maybe just maybe your right
  • Options
    Forum Member
    neardark wrote:
    If Chrissie had seen this side of your character, she'd never have done what she did. There would have been no night of the black dog - although its reappearance in the background of the nightclub scene in EC is still rather spooky ;)
    Well, I've thought about spookily smashing a few glasses etc., but I don't think I'll bother for long really. :)

Oh, and onion? You really did bring a tear to my eye last night - thankfully, nobody has mentioned asparagus yet today or I'd be off again :D
  • Options
    *Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
    Forum Member
    DenWatts wrote:
    thankfully, nobody has mentioned asparagus yet today or I'd be off again :D
    I'm about to have some with some salmon and potatoes for my dinner, does that count ;)

Sorry Den :p

I really am btw :D
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thread is long.

Can somebody point me to a post with the synopsis of the episode that was screened?

I read some synopsis on OG, but I'm not sure the one I read was the correct one.

Have to say that from a storyline point of view, it didn't sound very good, and all this following the story arc and spotting clues appears to have been a waste of time.
    The story sounds too straightforward and convenient, and hardly needed all this story arc build up.

But if the synopsis I read was correct, I suppose it will be very good on the action and drama side of things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thread is long.

Can somebody point me to a post with the synopsis of the episode that was screened?
    Welcome back, AM!

There is a thread with it in, here:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=233787

Ignore the usenet description as the general consensus of opinion is that it's fake.

Oh, and Eileen - yes, that set me off again. :D

I'm thinking we maybe need a "Doctor Who 'off-topic' discussion thread" - any takers?
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    Welcome back, AM!

There is a thread with it in, here:

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=233787

Ignore the usenet description as the general consensus of opinion is that it's fake.

Oh, and Eileen - yes, that set me off again. :D

I'm thinking we maybe need a "Doctor Who 'off-topic' discussion thread" - any takers?

Hi Den:)

Yes, that sounds similar to what I read on OG.

I've got to say that from a plotting point of view I'm very disappointed.

I was expecting to be "blown away" which RTD said we would be.

Sounds like the usual storyline fare we've had with other episodes, where everything is resolved with any old stuff thrown in.

And as far as the main idea goes, despite RTD saying that nobody has "got it",...we "got it" weeks ago.
    I was expecting more to be honest.

At least from what people say, the action should be good.