• Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    this is the next release but no news when others will come..yet

Volume 10 boxset (Episodes 289-320) will be released on 31 October 2011

Not even half way yet then
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well the dvd boxsets have recently been coming out every 2 months but no news after this one so some uk fans are worried
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Well, I'm up to the episode where Jock Stewart has fallen down the stairs chasing after Judy - I've always remembered this episode for some reason. Jock was a great baddy

Now awaiting the arrival of Joan - don't anybody tell me exactly when it is ;)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Volume 13 is out on DVD tomorrow. Anyone getting it? :)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Volume 13 is out on DVD tomorrow. Anyone getting it? :)

I won a copy. (From another website.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how many people are aware of this, in this part of the forum but, it's been announced Prisoner is to be 'reimagined'.

It's going to be called Wentworth. Last I heard, the production team were location scouting.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/australian-tv/news/a374618/prisoner-cell-block-h-remake-will-be-provocative.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know how many people are aware of this, in this part of the forum but, it's been announced Prisoner is to be 'reimagined'.

It's going to be called Wentworth. Last I heard, the production team were location scouting.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/australian-tv/news/a374618/prisoner-cell-block-h-remake-will-be-provocative.html

Terrible idea. A continuation would be fine but to remake it with some of the same characters in 2012 is just beyond stupid.

Saying that I will watch ;):D
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't get why Val Lehman is hoping for a role in the remake. She left the original when she could have earned an absolute fortune if she'd stayed until the end. Unless she got greedy back then perhaps. I wonder if any of the five major channels would be interested in buying this when the time comes to selling to other countries? I hope so. I'd definitely want to watch it. The big question is though, can they make this new one as appealing as the original was? If it's too realistic (like Bad Girls) then...
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I don't get why Val Lehman is hoping for a role in the remake. She left the original when she could have earned an absolute fortune if she'd stayed until the end. Unless she got greedy back then perhaps. I wonder if any of the five major channels would be interested in buying this when the time comes to selling to other countries? I hope so. I'd definitely want to watch it. The big question is though, can they make this new one as appealing as the original was? If it's too realistic (like Bad Girls) then...

Val is poor these days. I've seen a video where she can't afford a new car and drives around with a tatty car as she can't afford panel beating.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bad Girls was only realistic for its first series. Everything after that was a farce. Even more so than Prisoner!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Girls was only realistic for its first series. Everything after that was a farce. Even more so than Prisoner!! :eek:

Well, yeah. But I meant the sets as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val is poor these days. I've seen a video where she can't afford a new car and drives around with a tatty car as she can't afford panel beating.

That explains why she wants a role in this remake for.
  • 5 a day5 a day Posts: 12,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That explains why she wants a role in this remake for.

Her being governor would be a great move I think. Plus would also generate lots of interest for the remake. And if she is very poor they could probably get her for next to nothing. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never particularly liked Bea.

And I certainly wouldn't like to see Val Lehman, or any other Prisoner actor, in this new series. Because I wouldn't want it to be visually tied to the original.

The new series, Wentworth should have a fresh start.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never particularly liked Bea.

And I certainly wouldn't like to see Val Lehman, or any other Prisoner actor, in this new series. Because I wouldn't want it to be visually tied to the original.

The new series, Wentworth should have a fresh start.

If it has realistic looking sets and what not, I might not bother carrying on watching it. The reason I stopped watching Bad Girls was because the sets looked too realistic and for me, wasn't as enjoyable as Prisoner Cell Bloch H. This was the sort of thing where you could sit/lie on the couch and watch while being in front of a nice warm fire. Bad Girls was too realistic for me at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5 a day wrote: »
    Her being governor would be a great move I think. Plus would also generate lots of interest for the remake. And if she is very poor they could probably get her for next to nothing. :p

She doesn't want to appear too desperate to the producers if she wants a role in this.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Prisoner, im going through it all again now (as got the complete box set), up to episode 219, love all the old ones with Mrs Davidson, Bea, Lizzie, Doreen, Fletcher, Meg Morris, and Vinegar tits etc... :D
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on episode 213 . I've never seen the whole series so hopefully I'll make it this time. Part of the fun for me is spotting all the same props (that bloody decanter set, the red teapot) that appear in all the houses and the same faces that appear (Reyno as an offficer!)! Sad I know but it's funny! :o

We also count how many times Mrs Davidson or the others say 'Very well!' :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I love Prisoner, im going through it all again now (as got the complete box set), up to episode 219, love all the old ones with Mrs Davidson, Bea, Lizzie, Doreen, Fletcher, Meg Morris, and Vinegar tits etc... :D

Unfortunately I could only find the DVDs (cases) on eBay when I got mine. Well worth the wait. Would have loved to have gotten the steel box version. Ah well...
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »
    I'm on episode 213 . I've never seen the whole series so hopefully I'll make it this time. Part of the fun for me is spotting all the same props (that bloody decanter set, the red teapot) that appear in all the houses and the same faces that appear (Reyno as an offficer!)! Sad I know but it's funny! :o

Yeah i havn't seen them all, i stopped watching it after a while, then went back to it, so i missed a load of episodes.

I remember seeing Reynolds, she was an officer at Barnhurst when they sen't Bea there, and also that Peter Hope, who Doreen was writing to (lonely hearts), he was in near the beginning playing a Doctor (was treating Lizzies Brother), he comes back into it later on as another character, the new prison cook. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Yeah i havn't seen them all, i stopped watching it after a while, then went back to it, so i missed a load of episodes.

I remember seeing Reynolds, she was an officer at Barnhurst when they sen't Bea there, and also that Peter Hope, who Doreen was writing to (lonely hearts), he was in near the beginning playing a Doctor (was treating Lizzies Brother), he comes back into it later on as another character, the new prison cook. :D

That's what I found funny about Prisoner Cell Block H, that they used to bring back actors and actresses who'd already appeared in the soap to play different characters. It was done that often that it looked so strange.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voynich wrote: »

That's part of the fun with this show. :D

You'll see a few more before you get to the end of the run Voynich! :)
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they will try and base the new show around a top dog character like Bea Smith or go for a Joan Ferguson bent screw let's hope it's not based around the last season and a dull character like Rita Connors.

The only reason it ended really was because they had run out of ideas for Ferguson and didn't know how to move on with her in the show and without her in the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it has realistic looking sets and what not, I might not bother carrying on watching it. The reason I stopped watching Bad Girls was because the sets looked too realistic and for me, wasn't as enjoyable as Prisoner Cell Bloch H. This was the sort of thing where you could sit/lie on the couch and watch while being in front of a nice warm fire. Bad Girls was too realistic for me at times.

I'm quite surprised to hear you say that.

As much as I love Prisoner, I think the set is it's main failing. I've always wanted to see a version with the same type of characters and stories but with a realistic set.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite surprised to hear you say that.

As much as I love Prisoner, I think the set is it's main failing. I've always wanted to see a version with the same type of characters and stories but with a realistic set.

For me, it was the sort of thing I'd watch if I was nice and comfy on the couch.