Options

Premier League Discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    So the Marseilles representatives are in London to finalise a deal for Joey Barton !!??
    Didn't see this coming at all , I half expected Stoke to go for him but not a top French club .
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    So the Marseilles representatives are in London to finalise a deal for Joey Barton !!??
    Didn't see this coming at all , I half expected Stoke to go for him but not a top French club .

They finished 10th last season...

Joe Cole was one of the players of the season... why do people keep thinking Marseille are a top club and the French League is a top league?

I do agree on it being a shock though... maybe it's what he needs just get out of the UK, get himself off twitter and play some football... the lad can play, of that there is no doubt, he's just an idiot.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    First round of games over and done with then. Not a bad way to start. :D

Interested in what people think about the Liverpool situation. Everyones saying because of the fact they're Liverpool amd their history they should be expecting a top 4 finish but to be honest I just can't see them finishing there. Does expectation get in the way at times? Do clubs have a right to expect the top places ahead of other teams?

Norwich, Wigan and Villa are my early candidates for relegation. I think the Promoted clubs again will manage to stay up this time round. Really exciting league this year. :)
    I think Liverpool are in desperate trouble. Last season's top 6 teams are all better than them and they don't look superior to the next rank of teams like Everton, Sunderland, Fulham, Stoke and Swansea, who will all give them trouble as well. They'll do well to make the Europa league.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    They finished 10th last season...

Joe Cole was one of the players of the season... why do people keep thinking Marseille are a top club and the French League is a top league?

I do agree on it being a shock though... maybe it's what he needs just get out of the UK, get himself off twitter and play some football... the lad can play, of that there is no doubt, he's just an idiot.

OK, forgetting the "top club" bit , I just thought that the last place he'd end up would be France , they always seem to be such classy people with such great taste in so many things ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    I think Liverpool are in desperate trouble. Last season's top 6 teams are all better than them and they don't look superior to the next rank of teams like Everton, Sunderland, Fulham, Stoke and Swansea, who will all give them trouble as well. They'll do well to make the Europa league.

I think they will be fine once they have got used to the new style , could be playing catch up though , if it takes them to long . Reckon they should swap Carroll for Cisse with Newcastle ;)
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they will be fine once they have got used to the new style , could be playing catch up though , if it takes them to long . Reckon they should swap Carroll for Cisse with Newcastle ;)

Oi! :eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha, yeah I hear Barca are interested in swapping Nani for Messi as well!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder for all of this talk about swapping players and transfers, just who will sign the most forgotten striker in the whole of the Premier League..........Santa Cruz! :D
    Surley whoever wanted him, could get him from City pretty easily :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder for all of this talk about swapping players and transfers, just who will sign the most forgotten striker in the whole of the Premier League..........Santa Cruz! :D
    Surley whoever wanted him, could get him from City pretty easily :D

Maybe go back to Blackburn for a third spell? They must be after another option since Leon Best got crocked for most of the season.
  • Options
    RoyalPRoyalP Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Maybe go back to Blackburn for a third spell? They must be after another option since Leon Best got crocked for most of the season.

He may well go back to Blackburn.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Why isn't this chelsea game on tele?
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it stays like this, De Matteo will be the first managerial sacking of the season.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea relegation candidates this season? :D
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Chelsea relegation candidates this season? :D

Yeah, along with the pool and UTD. :D
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    This game resembles the city one on sunday
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could Fulham be this seasons dark horses and finish in the top 4?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    If it stays like this, De Matteo will be the first managerial sacking of the season.

6 points from just 2 games is an awful start for him.:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    This game resembles the city one on sunday

Promoted team against big team
    Goals that should have been saved
    Offside Goal
    Big team go 1-0
    Promoted team shock go up 2-1
    Big team go back up to 3-2 with not lon remaining
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could Fulham be this seasons dark horses and finish in the top 4?

I doubt it. On their day they have a great squad a lot depends on what happens with the Dempsey situation.

Top 4 i think will be United, City, Chelsea and Spurs/Arsenal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I doubt it. On their day they have a great squad a lot depends on what happens with the Dempsey situation.

Top 4 i think will be United, City, Chelsea and Spurs/Arsenal

Don't see Spurs as top four at the moment, Liverpool possibly. Any one from United,City and Chelsea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RoyalP wrote: »
    Don't see Spurs as top four at the moment, Liverpool possibly. Any one from United,City and Chelsea.

Liverpool at the moment are *much* further from the top4 from Spurs. Then again it's still so early on in the season anyone can suprise us. Chelsea will be chuffed with the start they've made.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chelsea will be chuffed with the start they've made.

I don't know about "chuffed", Wigan away and Reading at home are 2 kind fixtures to start a season with. 6 points would have been expected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I don't know about "chuffed", Wigan away and Reading at home are 2 kind fixtures to start a season with. 6 points would have been expected.

In hindsight though I think they'd be pleased, which is all I meant to say really. Expectations and results are 2 different things. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In hindsight though I think they'd be pleased, which is all I meant to say really. Expectations and results are 2 different things. :)

plus I think the manner in how they have attacked will have pleased them...

They'll probably be concerned with the defence though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liverpool at the moment are *much* further from the top4 from Spurs. Then again it's still so early on in the season anyone can suprise us. Chelsea will be chuffed with the start they've made.

Adam Johnson to Sunderland from City. Thought he could have done better, Liverpool or Spurs maybe?