susan boyle rumours

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KathyM wrote: »
    I resent that. I don't idolize her but you obviously hate her and can't wait for her to fail.
    I've never said that she can or will ever tour or write her own music.

Er, I don't 'hate' her - I don't hate anyone - that's a powerful emotion.

Just because I said I think she's had her day isn't tantamount to 'hatred'. I never said that you said about touring or writing her own music. I was the one who said it in fact. Are you capable of actually reading a post properly and not putting your own pro-Susan spin on things? :confused:
    All that I've said is that I'm happy that she's had the chance to improve her life, shoot me. I'm sorry for you if you're not capable of feeling that way too, I really am.
    And yes, I do love her voice.
    As far as the money goes, it doesn't seem to be very high on her list of priorities in life.

I'm sure Susan will get over the fact I think she's overrated, and I certainly won't be losing any sleep over the fact that you're 'sorry' for me. I can live without Susan Boyle and I'm sure she doesn't give a flying fig for my derision or come to think of it, your 'support'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    MC57 wrote: »
    For subhumans ?

Who are you ? God ?

You seem to be a very judgemental person (in that if nobody else agrees with your view of Susan Boyle then they are akin to something the dog did and you stepped in).

Get over yourself. Everybody has opinions. Not all opinions are the same but while we live in a country that allows free expression and free views (views and opinions that may, or may not, agree with your own), there is a good chance that the opinions you hold will not agree with the majority of the populance.

Tough.

I don't know Susan Boyle, only ever watched her audition on the link posted in this thread last night and the only other time I was aware of her was from a picture on a t-shirt that showed her slapped arse face when she didn't win a glorified vaudeville act competition which I thought was funny.

If I am subhuman for that then you have serious problems (more than the problems alluded to in this thread about Ms. Boyle). I wonder what you will call the next person who dosen't agree with your opinions ?

Haha. Must be the first time anyone called you subhuman. I'm sure it won't be the last.

You have an odd sense of values to rejoice in someone's sorrow, plus compounding it by giving a extra kick re their appearance. Reread your post. If you're proud of it, you are indeed subhuman.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Saltydog1955
    Don't take any notice of them, Subo fans make things up and believe they are true.

Sony Europe are uploading the sales projections on Monday for the next few months, will see what they say about Subo's 1st weeks sales.
    I have seen something saying 60,000 for the 1st weeks sales in the UK, that's a drop from her last album if true +she will need double that to make number1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    Haha. Must be the first time anyone called you subhuman. I'm sure it won't be the last.

You have an odd sense of values to rejoice in someone's sorrow, plus compounding it by giving a extra kick re their appearance. Reread your post. If you're proud of it, you are indeed subhuman.

I have a face like a slapped arse when I don't win the lottery every weekend but hey hoy so my comment wasn't singling out her appearance as only she does it.

I always thought it was better to be a good loser than a good winner but obviously not in the case of Susan so I'm not rejoicing in someones sorry.

Maybe she has changed and is no longer (what appeared / appears) to behave like a spoilt brat when things don't go her way...
    Forum Member
    SuBo's Musical not been nominated for any of the Theatre Awards UK
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some interesting views on here. I don't like Susan's music, it's not to my taste and I think she is very overrated but I accept that other people do enjoy listening to her.

I would defend her right to a career in showbiz though irrespective of her mental health issues. What did she have in her life before? Not a lot from I gather. If singing makes her happy and she can earn some money from it then why not? Better than sitting at home watching telly and stroking the cat. If it all gets too much at least she now has some money that she can retire on.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Some interesting views on here. I don't like Susan's music, it's not to my taste and I think she is very overrated but I accept that other people do enjoy listening to her.

I would defend her right to a career in showbiz though irrespective of her mental health issues. What did she have in her life before? Not a lot from I gather. If singing makes her happy and she can earn some money from it then why not? Better than sitting at home watching telly and stroking the cat. If it all gets too much at least she now has some money that she can retire on.

That's a refreshingly sensible post.:D

I'll be buying her next album and why that should be a problem to some posters, I'll never understand.:)
    Forum Member

I'll be buying her next album and why that should be a problem to some posters, I'll never understand.:)

There's been a leak of Subo's tracklist for her new album. If the leak is on the level, it's going to be some album for her fans. Great big power songs. Hold on to the chandeliers.
    Forum Member

Surprise, surprise.

Susan has been nominated for 2 US Grammys, but isn't considered "cool"enough or young enough for the Brits. They should get over themselves. I think that mindset hurt Elaine C. Smith, too. She gives a remarkable performance as Susan, according to all the reviews, both local on the tour stops, and from the London papers. She deserves an award.
    Forum Member

Since Susan is not under conservatorship, like Britney Spears, she can do anything she damn pleases and doesn't need your or any one else's permission to have a career.. She has a mercurial temperament, compounded by ADHD, and a bad temper. Not unusual traits in show biz.
    Forum Member
    Surprise, surprise.

Susan has been nominated for 2 US Grammys, but isn't considered "cool"enough or young enough for the Brits. They should get over themselves. I think that mindset hurt Elaine C. Smith, too. She gives a remarkable performance as Susan, according to all the reviews, both local on the tour stops, and from the London papers. She deserves an award.

Incorrect about the Brits, like I said before, do your research and you will find out why. It's the same way The Grammys work, SuBo won't have an AOTY or VPOTY nominations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Your point being?
    Do you limit yourself to shows and movies that have been nominated for awards? If so, you'd miss out on a lot of good stuff.
    Forum Member

I'll be buying her next album and why that should be a problem to some posters, I'll never understand.:)[

Pretty incredible isn't it? :rolleyes:
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Susan is not under conservatorship, like Britney Spears, she can do anything she damn pleases and doesn't need your or any one else's permission to have a career.. She has a mercurial temperament, compounded by ADHD, and a bad temper. Not unusual traits in show biz.

She has learning difficulties on the autism spectrum. Why do her fans look to deny who she is? Are you ashamed to say that you support someone with a learning difficulty?

I have a brother with a learning difficulty. I am proud he is my brother. Proud of who he is. I don't look to downplay his disability as to do so would to me be tantamount to being ashamed of him. I'm not ashamed. Likewise I would always look to protect him due to his vulnerablity. His health & wellbeing are the most important issue for me. As they are for most families.
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The issue is exploitation. Her longer term mental health. Do you really think Susan is interested in earning mega bucks? Pushing herself so that she is regularly having outbursts in public places. Potentially putting herself at risk of being charged for assault. I genuinely don't think most people would be if they think about the broader picture. Susan loves to sing & she loves to live the simple life. There should be a way that these two can be moulded together. This is where happiness is for Susan. Not this superstar stuff loved by her uber fans who are vicariously involved in her life for their own purposes.
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    The issue is exploitation. Her longer term mental health. Do you really think Susan is interested in earning mega bucks? Pushing herself so that she is regularly having outbursts in public places. Potentially putting herself at risk of being charged for assault. I genuinely don't think most people would be if they think about the broader picture. Susan loves to sing & she loves to live the simple life. There should be a way that these two can be moulded together. This is where happiness is for Susan. Not this superstar stuff loved by her uber fans who are vicariously involved in her life for their own purposes.
    Do you know that she's being exploited and pushed? I'm asking because you state is as though it's a fact. I don't really know how she feels about the superstar stuff either, but I do know that so far she hasn't decided to quit.
    She has learning difficulties on the autism spectrum. Why do her fans look to deny who she is? Are you ashamed to say that you support someone with a learning difficulty?

I have a brother with a learning difficulty. I am proud he is my brother. Proud of who he is. I don't look to downplay his disability as to do so would to me be tantamount to being ashamed of him. I'm not ashamed. Likewise I would always look to protect him due to his vulnerablity. His health & wellbeing are the most important issue for me. As they are for most families.
    It's true, there are some fans who still deny that she has learning difficulties and like you, I find that hard to comprehend but putting it in the autism spectrum is making a diagnosis that you're not qualified to do. You don't know her and you're not her physician.
    As far as her family is concerned, Susan's family tried to stop her from going to that audition, and my bet is that she's really glad that she didn't listen to them. For your brothers sake I hope that he won't ever be prevented from trying to do something that's important to him simply because of his disability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know that she's being exploited and pushed? I'm asking because you state is as though it's a fact. I don't really know how she feels about the superstar stuff either, but I do know that so far she hasn't decided to quit.

It's true, there are some fans who still deny that she has learning difficulties and like you, I find that hard to comprehend but putting it in the autism spectrum is making a diagnosis that you're not qualified to do. You don't know her and you're not her physician.
    As far as her family is concerned, Susan's family tried to stop her from going to that audition, and my bet is that she's really glad that she didn't listen to them. For your brothers sake I hope that he won't ever be prevented from trying to do something that's important to him simply because of his disability.

Are you sure that's right?:confused:

I read that her brother met her in Blackburn afterwards and Susan herself didn't seem to realise how well her audition had gone. She just said that she was going on to the next round and was very low key about it all.
    Forum Member
    Are you sure that's right?:confused:

I read that her brother met her in Blackburn afterwards and Susan herself didn't seem to realise how well her audition had gone. She just said that she was going on to the next round and was very low key about it all.
    Yes, I'm sure that's right, and no, her brother didn't meet her after the audition. She got home very late, fed the cat, and went to bed.
    Also at that point she had no idea if she was going to be put through to the next round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm sure that's right, and no, her brother didn't meet her after the audition. She got home very late, fed the cat, and went to bed.
    Also at that point she had no idea if she was going to be put through to the next round.

They told her she was going to London at the audition.
    I just meant that she casually met her brother and he didn't even know that she had auditioned.:)
    Forum Member
    They told her she was going to London at the audition.
    I just meant that she casually met her brother and he didn't even know that she had auditioned.:)

Yes, she knew she was going to London, but going to London didn't mean she made it through to the next round. She went to London to find out.

I don't know when her family found out that she went but I do know they told her not to go. That could be the reason that none of them went with her.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Keep your hair on. Why are you having a go at me? :mad:.
    I was saying that Susan can do whatever she pleases. I'm not one of the people on this thread who think that vulnerable people shouldn't be in showbiz.
    Forum Member
    Sony UK have released the first week sales projections for their artists, and not bad for Susan with 110K
    Little Mix 140K
    Rihanna now releaseing on the 19th so she will easy sell over 180K going by her first single smashing.
  • thistledounthistledoun Posts: 40
    Forum Member

She has had outbursts in public places all her life. As Simon said, Yes, she has her bad days, but she would have them anyway. She did say that she loves the 'pizzazz' of show biz. And, JMO, she will do whatever it takes to maintain her connection with Andy (her manager), therefore she will need to continue the mega-bucks gigs. He's not going to manage a pub singer.
    Forum Member
    Keep your hair on. Why are you having a go at me? :mad:.
    I was saying that Susan can do whatever she pleases. I'm not one of the people on this thread who think that vulnerable people shouldn't be in showbiz.

Sorry, Haphash. You're right. Didn't mean to link to your post. But it's odd isn't it. It's considered vaguely glamorous for show biz performers to go straight to hell through drugs and drink and exhibit bizarre behavior, but not when your biggest vice is chocolate.
    Forum Member
    Sony UK have released the first week sales projections for their artists, and not bad for Susan with 110K
    Little Mix 140K
    Rihanna now releaseing on the 19th so she will easy sell over 180K going by her first single smashing.
    With RiRi's new album out the same day with Susan, they are saying RiRi will have the biggest opening weeks sales in the UK this year with over 200K. And will be the same over Europe in terms of the #1 album.
    Susan will be blocked in every country.