Allo Allo from the beginning GOLD

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
GOLD is finally showing Allo Allo from the beginning not just the last few series.

Monday 25 Feb at 7pm

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, when it was actually any good. Maria's departure marked the real end of the really good eps.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hans going was where it went wrong Sam Kelly said he made a mistake leaving.
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Hans going was where it went wrong Sam Kelly said he made a mistake leaving.

Richard Gibson also admitted that he made a mistake leaving, but he didn't know the season that followed his departure would be the last one. I did feel sorry for David Janson as he took a lot of flak for replacing Richard. There is even a comment on Facebook calling him a c**t. I do wish that people would direct their criticisms towards the makers of the show. They were the ones that foolishly replaced Richard with an actor that looked NOTHING like him! Granted, Flick was supposed to have had plastic surgery, but the colour of his eyes had changed (I don't think they had contact lenses in the 40's), and had grown in height. They should have had Flick leave and brought in a new Gestapo officer.

Click here to see pictures of Richard and me.

Click here to visit my Daily Motion channel devoted to Richard. You will find all of his scenes from 'Allo 'Allo! on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    This is a comedy ive only ever dipped in and out of over the years. I might give it a go from the beginning and see how it goes!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonGirl wrote: »
    Richard Gibson also admitted that he made a mistake leaving, but he didn't know the season that followed his departure would be the last one. I did feel sorry for David Janson as he took a lot of flak for replacing Richard. There is even a comment on Facebook calling him a c**t. I do wish that people would direct their criticisms towards the makers of the show. They were the ones that foolishly replaced Richard with an actor that looked NOTHING like him! Granted, Flick was supposed to have had plastic surgery, but the colour of his eyes had changed (I don't think they had contact lenses in the 40's), and had grown in height. They should have had Flick leave and brought in a new Gestapo officer.

Click here to see pictures of Richard and me.

Click here to visit my Daily Motion channel devoted to Richard. You will find all of his scenes from 'Allo 'Allo! on it.

To be fair surely Richard must have realised it was coming to it's natural end it had been on 9 years and was lucky Gordon survived the accident or may have finished a lot earlier.

I always hate the people who say it went on longer than the war it didn't each episode followed on so technically it lasted 85 days.
  • Trouble MakerTrouble Maker Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOLD is finally showing Allo Allo from the beginning not just the last few series.

Monday 25 Feb at 7pm

Does anyone know if it is repeated later in the night or the next day 7pm or 8pm on +1 does not suit me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only being shown once a day 7pm-7.45pm and 7.45pm-8.25pm looks like it is on everyday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonGirl wrote: »

OMFG! You are so lucky! I had such a crush on him when I was a little girl. I think it was the Jack Boots :o

Have you ever tried this?

I visit that page regularly. I love a good, stern, authoritative ticking off ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair surely Richard must have realised it was coming to it's natural end it had been on 9 years and was lucky Gordon survived the accident or may have finished a lot earlier.

I always hate the people who say it went on longer than the war it didn't each episode followed on so technically it lasted 85 days.

Television can be very unpredictable. Look at Babylon 5. Everybody was convinced it was going to end after four seasons. A series finale was made, so that it could wrap-up the show, but was left open enough just in case it was green lit for a fifth season. It ended up going for another year.

With 'Allo 'Allo!, I believe there was talk of it ending a couple of years before it did end. The cast really didn't know when the plug was actually going to be pulled. Richard left to do other things (presumably on stage) and I think his eldest son might have been born not long after he departed. I know that he is devoted to his sons, so he might have also wanted to concentrate on his family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Fluffy* wrote: »
    OMFG! You are so lucky! I had such a crush on him when I was a little girl. I think it was the Jack Boots :o

Have you ever tried this?

I visit that page regularly. I love a good, stern, authoritative ticking off ;)

I know I was lucky. Extremely lucky in fact. He was a lovely person to meet. He treated me like a friend and he was the one that arranged to meet me, not once, but thrice! :D

I have tried Ask Flick and it's always a turn on for me too. ;) I've visited it so often that I think I've managed to download all his responses. I've got the intro, responses, and a blooper all edited into one video. I haven't uploaded it anywhere (out of respect to the fan club), but I will send it to you if you want it.

You should join the official fan club. You will get a certificate (in the form of a PDF) and a couple of ringtones that Kim Hartman and Richard recorded for the club. So, joining is highly recommended. :D
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the boxset on DVD a few tears ago and the early seasons are much much funnier. It got all too silly near the end with every episode consisting of OK lets disguise ourselves as.............
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if it is repeated later in the night or the next day 7pm or 8pm on +1 does not suit me.

The 2 episodes that they show at night are repeated the following day from 1pm
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I always wonder if its demise was accelerated by doing 26 episodes for one of the series in an attempt to market it to American channels
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    I always wonder if its demise was accelerated by doing 26 episodes for one of the series in an attempt to market it to American channels

The 26 ep season was shot completely on VT wasnt it then went back to film exteriors for future series.

Why didnt they keep it completly on VT from this point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,900
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    The 2 episodes that they show at night are repeated the following day from 1pm

That's a better time for Sky+. Thanx. :)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always remember Flick in his stockings and suspenders. :D
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show and it is one of the few I can happily watch many times over without it getting tired like some shows of the same period. It is great that GOLD are running it in order as it is one of the few shows that needed to be seen like this due to the continuing references to previous episodes.

I have every episode and do occasionally drop in on them now and then if there is nothing that takes my fancy on television
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite scene has to be when the Resistance are trying to blow up Von Klinkerhoffen and the germans are trying to poison him, and Sam Kelly got a great line (said at speed) about the candle with the handle in the gateau from the chateau and the pill in the till and drug in the jug!

Great comedy!
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I always remember Flick in his stockings and suspenders. :D

I much prefer thinking about Yvette in her stockings and suspenders. :D
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    My favorite scene has to be when the Resistance are trying to blow up Von Klinkerhoffen and the germans are trying to poison him, and Sam Kelly got a great line (said at speed) about the candle with the handle in the gateau from the chateau and the pill in the till and drug in the jug!

Great comedy!

Totally agree this is one of the best lines in 'allo 'allo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I much prefer thinking about Yvette in her stockings and suspenders. :D
    With the flying helmet and the wet celery? :D
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    With the flying helmet and the wet celery? :D

Not forgetting the egg whisk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not forgetting the egg whisk.
    Of course! Mustn't forget that. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle has a totally different accent in the first one.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Totally agree this is one of the best lines in 'allo 'allo

Was ok, but a steal from Danny Kaye's film 'The Court Jester'.