Digital Spy

Search Digital Spy

DS Forums

Was anyone from this show successful at all?

Old 24-02-2013, 21:50
JayPee86
Inactive Member

no, and its the same for america. its all abit of an embaressment, still, its entertaining while its on
JayPee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.
Old 25-02-2013, 15:07
bgtension
Inactive Member

Pointless show funded by the taxpayer - a disgrace
bgtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 15:34
maggie_07
Forum Member

Pointless show funded by the taxpayer - a disgrace
For goodness sake - millions of people watched it end enjoyed it. My license fee money pays for a lot of programmes I dislike and never watch but so what ? if other people like them they're entitled to watch them.
maggie_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 16:26
sjp07
Forum Member

no, and its the same for america. its all abit of an embaressment, still, its entertaining while its on
How is it an embarrassment for America? We don't really care. It's a tv show and it keeps getting higher and higher ratings. Look at idol. They are in the 12th season and the only people I can name from that show are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kat McPhee, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard, and Clay Aiken. That was 9 people out of a show that has had 12 seasons and only a couple of them were winners. Oh, and I just remembered Adam Lambert, Lee Dewyze, and Chrystal Bowersox. The latter two of those three flopped like fish, Ruben doesn't do music, I don't even know if Clay Aiken is alive, Fantasias last album did horrible, Kat McPhee is an actor solely now, but Smash is soon to get cancelled, Jennifer Hudson hasn't had any music in a bit, she is on the same soon to be cancelled show as KM, and Phillip Phillips had Home, but we are yet to see what he can do. Kelly,Carrie, and Daughtry are the only ones I can think of that have been successful longterm in the music business.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 16:30
sjp07
Forum Member

I'd put Adam, But he didn't even sell 200k copies of his last album stateside.
sjp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 06:24
barrcode88
Forum Member

Bo's got an album coming out in April.

https://twitter.com/bo_bruce
barrcode88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 00:55
penelopesimpson
Forum Member

Yes, John de Mol who got 22m of our licence fee money for a bunch of rubbish.
penelopesimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 21:32
tamibeckett
Forum Member

How is it an embarrassment for America? We don't really care. It's a tv show and it keeps getting higher and higher ratings. Look at idol. They are in the 12th season and the only people I can name from that show are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Chris Daughtry, Kat McPhee, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard, and Clay Aiken. That was 9 people out of a show that has had 12 seasons and only a couple of them were winners. Oh, and I just remembered Adam Lambert, Lee Dewyze, and Chrystal Bowersox. The latter two of those three flopped like fish, Ruben doesn't do music, I don't even know if Clay Aiken is alive, Fantasias last album did horrible, Kat McPhee is an actor solely now, but Smash is soon to get cancelled, Jennifer Hudson hasn't had any music in a bit, she is on the same soon to be cancelled show as KM, and Phillip Phillips had Home, but we are yet to see what he can do. Kelly,Carrie, and Daughtry are the only ones I can think of that have been successful longterm in the music business.
I could see all 3 shows, X Factor, The Voice, American Idol being cancelled all around at the same time.
tamibeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 23:59
HatzofBarts
Forum Member

I could see all 3 shows, X Factor, The Voice, American Idol being cancelled all around at the same time.
no way, x factor will definately be the first to go, despite idols decline still think itll go on for a fair while longer
HatzofBarts is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11
tamibeckett
Forum Member

no way, x factor will definately be the first to go, despite idols decline still think itll go on for a fair while longer
It's just that I wouldn't be surprised if American Idol which is in it's 12th season be cancelled by its 15th season.

Not a bad run at all.
tamibeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2013, 15:55
sheff71
Forum Member

Clay Aiken was in US Celebrity Apprentice last year I think (or the year before) - they love a country singer on there though!
sheff71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 20:26
rionia
Forum Member

You didn't mention Scotty McCreery. I know he's a recent idol winner but think he will have a long career in Country music.

And I think Kellie Pickler (another country singer from idol) is also doing OK
rionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 21:20
HatzofBarts
Forum Member

Its a little harsh to say noones had success in america considering jermaine paul hasn't released his album yet (although this will probably struggle)

but surely cassadee should be successful, she did very well on itunes throughout the voice, can definately see her being the first of the voice alumni to make it per se
HatzofBarts is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2013, 23:56
Last Request
Inactive Member

For goodness sake - millions of people watched it end enjoyed it. My license fee money pays for a lot of programmes I dislike and never watch but so what ? if other people like them they're entitled to watch them.
Not towards the end they didn't.

Cutting the live shows is hardly likely to stop the shows decline, The ratings were shocking towards the end and will continue to be.this series.
Last Request is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2013, 01:07
Grace250

Not towards the end they didn't.

Cutting the live shows is hardly likely to stop the shows decline, The ratings were shocking towards the end and will continue to be.this series.
actually, 7 million people watched the final, so clearly millions did watch and enjoy it!
Grace250 is offline   Reply With Quote