✭✭✭
    then more schools need to be built.
  • Options
    monkeydave68monkeydave68 Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

or less immigrants need to be here

or they need to speak English before they start school just like in any other country they have to speak the language of that country as they wouldn't be pandered to like here

same with leaflets in the job centre all in English with no extra languages and only having interpreters to help the staff not the immigrants, you cant read it you cant claim it
  • Options
    thomas painthomas pain Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i like the whole idea of open borders.

besides, capping immigration won't do us any good. we're going to have an ageing population crisis soon .. we will need immigrants more than they need us.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

or they need to speak English before they start school just like in any other country they have to speak the language of that country as they wouldn't be pandered to like here

same with leaflets in the job centre all in English with no extra languages and only having interpreters to help the staff not the immigrants, you cant read it you cant claim it

What's wrong with Welsh?
  • Options
    Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More shoddy journalism from the Daily Express including
    • unsubstantiated use of the passive voice
    • the same stock library picture of some people hanging around
    • quotes from politicians substituting the news items itself
  • Options
    timetosaygoodbytimetosaygoodby Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick1966 wrote: »
    • unsubstantiated use of the passive voice
    • the same stock library picture of some people hanging around
    • quotes from politicians substituting the news items itself

except that the story is correct they spent on that money on a stupid study and it didn't figure anything out
  • Options
    Top Gun 001Top Gun 001 Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    It is ludicrous for us to allow anyone to come in that wants to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to know how they costed it and why it's suddenly a waste of money.

Isn't it better to have a study than not?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

besides, capping immigration won't do us any good. we're going to have an ageing population crisis soon .. we will need immigrants more than they need us.

we would have an ageing population but this can be handled in other ways besides mass immigration destroying the country such as promoting a higher birth rate and stopping immigration will save billions on the nhs, schools and benefits which could go to support older people. Leaving the EU would save billions every year that could be put to better use
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... a stupid study ...

different people have different views on what constitutes an act of stupidity.

Like the Daily Express , you need to learn to seperate conjecture from fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we would have an ageing population but this can be handled in other...

Yes by making people work even longer and saving even harder for when they are too old to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    different people have different views on what constitutes an act of stupidity.

Like the Daily Express , you need to learn to seperate conjecture from fact.

a study thats costs £30,000 and does actually give us any figures (of course precise figures are not possible) but they did not even give a rough estimate so to me that is a waste of money and stupid
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... so to me that is a waste of money and stupid

You are entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are entitled to your opinion.

how do you call a study costing £30,000 that does not give a rough estimate of numbers and simply says there may be some pressure on schools (which ukip said years ago)
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is ludicrous for us to allow anyone to come in that wants to.

Its the same rules that allow millions of Brits to work in Italy/France/Germany.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

The birthrate has been going up which should go someway to alleviating this problem. Anyway for the immigrants to be able to pay for the ageing population there needs to be jobs and this is clearly not the case at the moment.
  • Options
    MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its from the Daily Mail ;)

Shoddy forum posting perhaps? ....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Its the same rules that allow millions of Brits to work in Italy/France/Germany.

i would happily give up free movement both ways because there are many more immigrants here then brits in the EU nations and Brits abroad do not claim benefits like the immigrants in the UK do.

we would only need an agreement with spain, france, germany (if we chose) for free movement and no one else. how many brits live in poland compared to poles in the uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how do you call a study costing £30,000 that does not give a rough estimate of numbers and simply says there may be some pressure on schools (which ukip said years ago)

I call it 'a study'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would happily give up free movement

Be careful what you wish for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    Its from the Daily Mail ;)

Shoddy forum posting perhaps? ....:D

whoops. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for.

i will be very happy when free movement ends, I don't mind having to get a visa to go on holiday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i will be very happy when free movement ends, I don't mind having to get a visa to go on holiday

Why would you need a visa? Think you're getting mixed up somewhere along the line.

You're concerned about immigration I thought, not going on holiday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PrestonAl wrote: »
    Why would you need a visa? Think you're getting mixed up somewhere along the line.

You're concerned about immigration I thought, not going on holiday.

i am not confused if you do not have an area of free movement then you have to get a visa to visit the country e.g. we have visa's when we go to america and Australia it would be the same for us when going to EU countries if we left the EU
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

In London alone we are apparently at least 100,000 short of the school places needed within the next year or two. In order to build the places needed this is estimated to cost £2.3 billion - in London alone. And thats just the start as the birth rate is projected to rise - London is due to see population growth of 25% in the next 15 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19475124

London's shortage is due to an increasing birth rate - almost entirely amongst migrants. Since the last census 600,000 white British have left the capital - yet the population has risen by over 1 million.

One clear and evident example of the costs of migration. Let alone the impact on housing and wages - as they are competing for work with our 2.5 million officially unemployed (including 1m or 20% of our young people).

As for this pathetic piece of research even Keith Vaz has said its nonsense and a waste of money - it provides no forecasts as you cannot forecast people's free will to move for economic purposes. Apparently the report says far more people will move to Italy and Spain - which have nearly 50% youth unemployment?:eek:.

Its also apparently written by an economist who worked for the last Labour government - definitely someone whose forecasts you would trust as accurate!:rolleyes: