Day 16 | Sunday 23rd February | Live Chat Thread

Comments

• Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    tellyadict wrote: »
    Pyeongchang is not actually a city but a county. The equivalent of Yorkshire hosting the games..

Well said.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the Russian Seb Coe?

Putin looks like he's nodded off!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new face of Russia? Yeah two faced.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    I take it you didn't watch the Dutch win gold in Snowboarding 4yrs ago then?

Come off it Lisa. You are a bit of a geek. There won't be many who will recall snowboarder Nicolien Sauerbreij on here.
    Forum Member
    Hazels Russian is very impressive

Isn't she reading from a screen?
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hot cool yours

everyone in the village caught a fever
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tfan26 wrote: »
    Isn't she reading from a screen?

Of course she is. It was a joke
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putin is a miserable git, ain't he? He looks almost as bored as the Queen did during the London games.
    Forum Member
    Hazels Russian is very impressive

Is that a euphemism ?
  • breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    Come off it Lisa. You are a bit of a geek. There won't be many who will recall snowboarder Nicolien Sauerbreij on here.

I do. Lovely woman.
    Forum Member
    I still prefer Jacque Rogge but this guy will have to take some time to get used too!
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    I take it you didn't watch the Dutch win gold in Snowboarding 4yrs ago then?

look at the here and now, look at all the various sports the nations that medled got medals in. loads of nations got medals in at least 5 different sports. but look at south korea they only get medals in ice skating. i'm just saying they're not really that prolific as a winter sporting nation so its a bit strange they get the games. i compared them to the duch cuz they're the eruopean equivalent and couldnt seem them ever getting the games :kitty:
  • xenosysxenosys Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas Bach, 1976 Fencing Champion, announced in 3 different languages, over and over again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Putin is a miserable git, ain't he? He looks almost as bored as the Queen did during the London games.

... but the Queen dove out of a helicopter! I'd dare Putin to top that, or himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putin tried to smile there. Sadly, too much botox.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    They've all got 4 years to memorise that it's in Pyeongchang in 2018 and not Pyongyang! Going to be many media outlets who slip up on that one :p

Can you image if they were in Pyongyang ...... Kim Jong-un would win every event acording to N Korea media!!
    Paul Dickenson didn't take long to fall foul on that front! :D

We would not expect anything else.

This is the guy who called The Queen, Her Royal Highness during the Jubilee Pageant. :o
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    xenosys wrote: »
    Thomas Bach, 1976 Fencing Champion, announced in 3 different languages, over and over again.

Sometimes I wish old Jack Rogge was still in charge ...... who is not the 1976 Fencing Champion!!! :D
    Forum Member
    Dr. Claw wrote: »
    look at the here and now, look at all the various sports the nations that medled got medals in. loads of nations got medals in at least 5 different sports. but look at south korea they only get medals in ice skating. i'm just saying they're not really that prolific as a winter sporting nation so its a bit strange they get the games. i compared them to the duch cuz they're the eruopean equivalent and couldnt seem them ever getting the games :kitty:

Well these days it's not athletic prowess but money and facilities. Don't get me on Doha applying for the Summer Olympics and getting the World Cup.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    Could GB ever bid for the games, possibly held in the Grampians with a Coastal Hub in Aberdeen?
  • CarlLewisCarlLewis Posts: 6,233
    Forum Member
    What's that about? The new Russia etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a looooooong speech
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Sometimes I wish old Jack Rogge was still in charge ...... who is not the 1976 Fencing Champion!!! :D

Jacques Rogge, Avid Sailor was a much better introduction :)
    Forum Member
    I suppose he is a better Fencer than he is orator!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

"Jacques Rogge. Loser of the 1968, 1972 and 1976 Belgian yachting team".