Options

Apple thief

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Chop the tree down and pave the garden over. That'll soon put a stop to it.
  • Options
    Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not pick them all yourself, and store them
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Can they climb trees?

nope but they can bite the butt of someone climbing down a ladder :D
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the wife didn't ask where he got apples at midnight she must be a shameless two bit brass. I understand there's a few of those on the loose so hope she's not going to corrupt your Geraldine.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Did Geraldine enjoy the pie?

She said it was ok but she doesn't know it was made with stolen apples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you go outside and ask what he was up to?
    (26 so far!)
    Would you do anything with all the apples yourself?

My neighbour has an apple tree that is incredibly fruitful.
    She just lets them drop and rot.
    Such a waste.

No, it was the middle of the night. I didn't know if he was armed or not. I read about a Have A Go Hero recently who got stabbed by a burglar.
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    At first, I wasn't too bothered but last summer, I saw him up a ladder in my garden in the middle of the night and he was putting them into a Tesco carrier bag.
    No, it was the middle of the night. I didn't know if was armed or not. I read about a Have A Go Hero recently who got stabbed by a burglar.
    Hang on, I remember you from another thread... you're a fairly harmless wum...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If the wife didn't ask where he got apples at midnight she must be a shameless two bit brass. I understand there's a few of those on the loose so hope she's not going to corrupt your Geraldine.

I think it's likely that his wife knows he does it. The way they look at me out of their window when I leave for work isn't very nice.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he's not looking go round and saw about half a metre off his ladder. He'll think eating all those apples is causing him to shrink.

Or inject the apples with oestrogen so that he grows boobs. That'll teach him.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    I think it's likely that his wife knows he does it. The way they look at me out of their window when I leave for work isn't very nice.

That just makes my blood boil, Mo. It’s well out of order! >:(

I bet they’re eating your apples when they look at you through the window as well.........probably get a kick out of it, the degenerate swine’s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »
    That just makes my blood boil, Mo. It’s well out of order! >:(

I bet they’re eating your apples when they look at you through the window as well.........probably get a kick out of it, the degenerate swine’s.

Thanks Bri. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you being serious ?

Of course! Why wouldnt I be :confused:

I saw it on River Cottage - Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall caught rabbits stealing his carrots in the same manner.
  • Options
    eveningstareveningstar Posts: 19,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Living next door to hardened criminals like these can't be easy. I don't want to be overdramatic here Mo, but have you considered hired assassins?
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Living next door to hardened criminals like these can't be easy. I don't want to be overdramatic here Mo, but have you considered hired assassins?

Sound advice. Sounds like it's time to bring out the big guns, Mo. Literally.

How did the decorating go, by the way? Did you manage to grout the wallpaper?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Now I know you're pulling my leg.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Sound advice. Sounds like it's time to bring out the big guns, Mo. Literally.

How did the decorating go, by the way? Did you manage to grout the wallpaper?

Thanks. No, I did a bit of reading up on it and grouting is only for tiles in the bathroom. I eventually finished the wallpapering and it doesn't look too bad.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you get the situation sorted. This is the best thread I have ever read. Your neighbours steal your apples in the middle of the night and then bake a pie with your apples and give it to you and Geraldine (who I guess is your wife) who doesnt know about the apple thefts. To top it off when you leave for work your thieving neighbours give you evil looks from behind thier net curtains every morning. Its like a tale from "ever decreasing circles".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    I hope you get the situation sorted. This is the best thread I have ever read. Your neighbours steal your apples in the middle of the night and then bake a pie with your apples and give it to you and Geraldine (who I guess is your wife) who doesnt know about the apple thefts. To top it off when you leave for work your thieving neighbours give you evil looks from behind thier net curtains every morning. Its like a tale from "ever decreasing circles".

Well, that's pretty much what has been happening. Another point is that I saw them both in the supermarket a while back and when they got to the bit where the fruit is, they walked straight past the apples without buying any. They bought oranges and bananas though so that kind of proves my point if I did have to go to court.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant detective work.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you need witnesses mo you can count on us. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you speak to Geraldine about it. From what I have read you have yet to sit her down and explain the ghastly situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ACL777 wrote: »
    Why don't you speak to Geraldine about it. From what I have read you have yet to sit her down and explain the ghastly situation.

She's a bit highly strung to be honest so I don't want to worry her.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so clearly this didnt happen then

i love DS sometimes
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so clearly this didnt happen then

i love DS sometimes

Haha! Right enough!

I wonder if this is the same fictional neighbour who asked him to be his fictional best man?! Lets see where mo takes the story from there...!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iCandy77 wrote: »
    Haha! Right enough!

I wonder if this is the same fictional neighbour who asked him to be his fictional best man?! Lets see where mo takes the story from there...!!

No, that's the neighbour on the other side at number 57.