Options

Google Chrome 64bit

Google Chrome is now in 64bit. but if you don't want it in 64bit you can still use 32bit. to download the Google Chrome 64bit jest click on windows 64bit from the Google Chrome download page from the Google Chrome website.

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I wonder if the Firefox makers make their browser in 64 bit now? Microsoft have done it, Google have done it, now Mozilla are the only ones who have their browser only in 32 bit. Unless Firefox is 64 bit and they don't have it shown in the filename when you download it.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, no Firefox x64 and no plans for it either last I read.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Waterfox 64bit firefox?
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Isn't Waterfox 64bit firefox?
    it looks like firefox but is not anything to do with Mozilla who make firefox.
    as for firefox 64bit do us it in night test's. but did read some where that they are planing to run 64bit in the other to test. aurora / beta but they did not say when.

but if you had Linux you get firefox in 64bit already.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it looks like firefox but is not anything to do with Mozilla who make firefox.
    as for firefox 64bit do us it in night test's. but did read some where that they are planing to run 64bit in the other to test. aurora / beta but they did not say when.

but if you had Linux you get firefox in 64bit already.

Ah thanks for that :) i got linux mint 17 aswell as windows 7.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone straight to Chrome 64-bit. The 32-bit version wasn't lighting my fire, I use Chrome occasionally for Google services so I'll give it a whirl if it's supposed to be quicker.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the diff between the 32 and the 64?!
  • Options
    scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been using the 64bit version for a while with Chrome Beta and its been running really fast compared to the 32bit version, plus it hasn't crashed on me at all. Very impressed by it.

Mark
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just upgraded to Chrome 64 bit, and wow!! all web pages seem to load twice as fast now. They said 15%? No chance, more like easily 50% faster.

I just can't believe the speed of this! its awesome!

Google Chrome is by far the best browser for me now, no other browser comes close.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The huge speed increase is probably down to a few extensions being disabled due to incompatibility. It is faster, but 50% isn't attributable to the program itself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Nope, no Firefox x64 and no plans for it either last I read.

Firefox has been developing a 64bit version for at least a couple of years now

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/firefox-34.0a1.en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded it, have Chrome as backup to IE11. The 64bit does seem to load pages a lot quicker, Chrome already makes IE look like a snail - can't even copy and paste on webpages now for some reason, patience wearing thin with MS.
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No difference on my netbook
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    No difference on my netbook

Everything s-l-o-w? :D