Britney Spears renews record deal with RCA, recording new music

2»

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    She needs to something surprising and forward thinking on the way blackout was. Britney Jean was nothing short of a travesty a weak album with one major standout being the lad and the rest mediocre. It was unacceptable. She needs more creative control too and to find the passion which has been missing from her.

Exactly. She used to be a game changer in the world of pop music, what happened? :( Femme Fatale was a good album but apparently it was not the album she originally wanted. It was supposed to be an urban/R&B album rather than a dance-pop one. Just listen to the unreleased song Pleasure You. That was one of the songs intended for the original FF and it shows the direction she was heading before the concept was changed. I really hope some of the unreleased Britney Jean songs leaked. Wonder what happened to the whole Feed The Wolves thing? That would've been epic :(
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    She needs to something surprising and forward thinking on the way blackout was. Britney Jean was nothing short of a travesty a weak album with one major standout being the lad and the rest mediocre. It was unacceptable. She needs more creative control too and to find the passion which has been missing from her.

"Work B*tch" took a while to grow on me. It's still not one of my favourite Britney songs.

"Britney Jean" is the only album that I don't have. I've only heard it once on Spotify.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't listen to Bj very often it's an album I avoid. I like the way FF was going to go Urban sounds mixed with of the moment pop. Don't get me wrong I like that album bu even Circus had an undercurrent of something others were not doing it was oddly eerie in parts. When she is on it as rolling stone said she is the queen of avant garde pop.
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funnily enough, the one album she was Executive Producer on is Blackout, the best received album she's ever had. She needs to do that again, be the one who decides the final track list, the sound, production etc. She's clearly got an ear for game-changing music and they need to realise this and keep Will.I.Am away!!!!
    Forum Member
    ClaraBow wrote: »

I remember that :D I actually remember watching the show and that was the moment I became a big fan.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Funnily enough, the one album she was Executive Producer on is Blackout, the best received album she's ever had. She needs to do that again, be the one who decides the final track list, the sound, production etc. She's clearly got an ear for game-changing music and they need to realise this and keep Will.I.Am away!!!!

Ugh, yes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly the one album she EP'd and in it's the American Archives for it's impact and legacy. They needs to let her have her freedom :p.
    Forum Member
    A Britney Spears Unplugged album please!
    Forum Member
    ClaraBow wrote: »
    A Britney Spears Unplugged album please!

That would be good and would prove that she can sing. If it had a few songs like this one on it I would be happy. Some acoustic versions of her singles would be good too, but I'm not sure if that would work.
    Forum Member
    That would be good and would prove that she can sing. If it had a few songs like this one on it I would be happy. Some acoustic versions of her singles would be good too, but I'm not sure if that would work.

I love baby boy but I love Let Go more, she has a lovely voice and I just wish she would sit on a stool, with a microphone or by a piano and just sing. In her own words she feels that she has nothing to prove but unfortunately, I disagree.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Shes confirmed shes recording a album and wants to go in a different direction which I think can only be gd
    Forum Member
    Shes confirmed shes recording a album and wants to go in a different direction which I think can only be gd

I think she wants to release a more experimental album. I wonder which direction it will go in? I get the feeling the album could have an In The Zone vibe to it with a whole load of different styles of music on it. I think Britney, In The Zone and Blackout are her most experimental albums. Anyone else agree?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I think she wantdefiantlrelease a more experimental album. I wonder which direction it will go in? I get the feeling the album could have an In The Zone vibe to it with a whole load of different styles of music on it. I think Britney, In The Zone and Blackout are her most experimental albums. Anyone else agree?

Definitely agree blackout n in the zone are definitely her most experimental
    Forum Member
    Definitely agree blackout n in the zone are definitely her most experimental

That's the reason I consider them to be her best albums. They were a game changer in the pop music world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems in such a great place right now with recent interviews and instagram updates so lovely to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the reason I consider them to be her best albums. They were a game changer in the pop music world.

Blackout and to a lesser extent FF yes.

ITZ no and that was a criticism levelled at it at the time. It's very reminiscent of ROL Madonna and the work Moby was doing previously it was somewhat different to what was going on in 03 but overall ITZ was a good album one of her best but not a game changer ala Blackout :).

I want that from her again though when BS is on point she creates game changing forward thinking pop :).
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont follow britney very closely..why do you consider these albums 'game changers'?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mialicious wrote: »
    I dont follow britney very closely..why do you consider these albums 'game changers'?

ITZ wasn't. But blackout honestly was the blueprint for all the pop music that followed.

She was the first popstar to use Autotune in an obvious manner Ke$ha and others followed.

She was the first popstar to incorporate dubstep into her music.

She brought EDM to mainstream pop which featured heavily and allowed Lady Gaga to follow.

It's amazing to look back and see it's influence it's like how in the midst of all her troubles did she do it ;p.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITZ wasn't. But blackout honestly was the blueprint for all the pop music that followed.

She was the first popstar to use Autotune in an obvious manner Ke$ha and others followed.

She brought EDM to mainstream pop which featured heavily and allowed Lady Gaga to follow.

It's amazing to look back and see it's influence it's like how in the midst of all her troubles did she do it ;p.

I agree
    Although i find her use of auto tune isn't obvious.

I do find people understimate Britney when it comes to her music. She shouldn't be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you are over exaggerating it a bit. OK It was influential album sonically for some other popstars of a similar ilk but to state that she allowed lady gaga to follow and she was the first to introduce electronic dance music and autotune to the mainstream is wide of the mark. They have been prominent in the mainstream since the 90's.
    The reason people consider this to be her best album is fully down to the team of writers and engineers and producers of the music. executive produced means she hired them and the studio time herself. her voice had gone and she was so angry and off her face on drugs at this point that it gave her a creative spark.
    Although i find her use of auto tune isn't obvious.

wow, seriously??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you are over exaggerating it a bit. OK It was influential album sonically for some other popstars of a similar ilk but to state that she allowed lady gaga to follow and she was the first to introduce electronic dance music and autotune to the mainstream is wide of the mark. They have been prominent in the mainstream since the 90's.
    The reason people consider this to be her best album is fully down to the team of writers and engineers and producers of the music. executive produced means she hired them and the studio time herself. her voice had gone and she was so angry and off her face on drugs at this point that it gave her a creative spark.

Executive Produced means she had the final say on the final tracklist, sound, production etc. There is alot more to being an EP than just hiring a studio and a team of writers. They are responsible for the overall output.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Executive Produced means she had the final say on the final tracklist, sound, production etc. There is alot more to being an EP than just hiring a studio and a team of writers. They are responsible for the overall output.

She chose the people she wanted making her beats and writing for her instead of being dictated to but she didn't actually make any beats or write anything herself, she just said 'yes or no'. respect to her for assembling the team and having the vision. She should quit performing now, whatever she had she hasnt got it anymore, she should just EP for the next generation pop stars albums. start her own label or something.
    Forum Member

Blackout was definitely a game changer in pop music. It wouldn't have been in the 100 Most Influential Albums of The 00s list if it wasn't! It's her best album because it was not like any other pop music around at the time and it was also released during an era when people seemed to shun pop in favour of dreary indie bands. I still think Britney's next album should be Blackout 2.0 or a dark urban album, sort of like her Rated R.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She chose the people she wanted making her beats and writing for her instead of being dictated to but she didn't actually make any beats or write anything herself, she just said 'yes or no'. respect to her for assembling the team and having the vision. She should quit performing now, whatever she had she hasnt got it anymore, she should just EP for the next generation pop stars albums. start her own label or something.

I agree to an extent though she does have writing credits on a couple of tracks on the album. Additionally, it has been said by some songwriters she won't take credit when she adds/changes existing lyrics like some other artists do, she only takes credit when she has been involved in the writing process from scratch. That's why she is respected hugely amongst songwriters and producers in the business.

I know she's not at her best but I would really miss her if she quit releasing music and performing :cry: