Options

The Girl Who Played With Fire

alisonrose3764alisonrose3764 Posts: 1,493
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just got back from seeing this - have to say was a little disappointed - had ridiculous expectations as GWTDT is my fav film of the year so far!
Have not read any of the books so had no idea of the storyline - acting great but bit far fetched for my liking!
Will go and see it again as I find it hard to take everything in and read the subtitles - but underwhelmed would be my view!

Comments

• Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My advice is to read the books. The girl who played with fire is a great book, but the movie is terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Film was beyond terrible, first one was good however.
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    The whole trilogy is worth seeing just for Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth but it's really the first film that's the best. Books however are wonderful and you should read them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I saw this the other day, and having never read the books i thought it was great. Just as good as the first film in my opinion, and i can't wait for the third film in November. I really can't understand how people are labelling this as "terrible":confused:
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I saw this the other day, and having never read the books i thought it was great. Just as good as the first film in my opinion, and i can't wait for the third film in November. I really can't understand how people are labelling this as "terrible":confused:

I've read the books but not seen ...With Fire as yet. At a guess perhaps a lot of people are simply comparing the story in the film negatively against the story in the book which is always going to be more complex.

I'll have to go see it this week so I can judge for myself.
  • Options
    SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I've seen it now and I agree that it is somewhat disappointment compared to TGWTDT.

Whereas the first film did a very good job of covering most of the plot of the first book and did it with style, the second film skips over huge parts of the plot of the book. I'm not sure I'd have been able to follow it properly if I didn't know the story already.
  • Options
    ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from seeing this - have to say was a little disappointed - had ridiculous expectations as GWTDT is my fav film of the year so far!
    Have not read any of the books so had no idea of the storyline - acting great but bit far fetched for my liking!
    Will go and see it again as I find it hard to take everything in and read the subtitles - but underwhelmed would be my view!

You're also paying cinema prices to watch a tv movie.
  • Options
    LadyMinervaLadyMinerva Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spacedone wrote: »
    I've read the books but not seen ...With Fire as yet. At a guess perhaps a lot of people are simply comparing the story in the film negatively against the story in the book which is always going to be more complex.

I'll have to go see it this week so I can judge for myself.

I've ready the books and thought they were fab. I've seen the first two films and really enjoyed them too!! I don't know why people are saying they're terrible...they aren't in my opinion!
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on friday night and I loved it. I then saw The girl who played with fire today and thought it was really good as well. I dont know why people are saying it is terrible. However ive not read the book so maybe people went to watch it with very high expectations!
    Whilst watching both films I have wondered how they are going to do the Hollywood remakes as both films so far are quite graphic and maybe they will tone it down!