Dexter Season 6 (US PACE) * Spoilers in tags* (Merged)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    Well, that idea is out the window seeing as he tied up the waitress whilst the younger guy was asleep. Although Travis could have a split personality and not remember tying her up? I'm looking forward to finding out what happens.
    I think the latter as you did not see Olmos tie her up and, if you look at her eyes during that sequence, not once does she look at him

Unless that is what we are meant to think.:confused:
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did noone else notice that when she talked to travis in the cafe, she completely ignored Olmos? And he also never had any plate/cutlery/ drinks in front of him. Im defneitly going with the idea that Travis has a split personality.

Also did anyone watch the trailer for next week? Seems Dexter knows finds out about Travis.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    I was a bit shocked by Quinn and Batista's behaviour in the car - I mean, they're cops!:D
  • Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The black guy is probably involved in these murders somehow. It's been said by them there could be two of them at work, but it's becoming obvious Battlestar is just a figment of the boys imagination/split personality.

I'm quite enjoying the series now though, after a slowish start. Religious iconography always gives you some awesome murder scenes :D
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    Did I see things in this episode that no one else did?? They identified the Edward James Olmos character, via one of the person of interest and then a website. Now don't get me to wrong, but it's only Dexter that's thinking it's 2 different people involved, he only made that statement to his dad.

Nice how they seemingly got rid of the intern as well, so was that just another false lead? As for the garage guy (sorry my memory for names is shocking), I think he might be the guy to help Dexter out, whilst the new guy from Chicago, will be right behind and helping Deb's out.

Talking of Deb's, what a wonderful press conferene she gave, I know the tv series isn't in synch with the books, but that conference was so like Deb's in the books. I'm also glad that Harrison is OK.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    I was a bit shocked by Quinn and Batista's behaviour in the car - I mean, they're cops!:D

It was a real Cheech & Chong moment
  • StewartFStewartF Posts: 10,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking the Gellar guy is definitely coming from the imagination of Travis. There's been absolutely no contact between Gellar and anyone else so far and though he was blamed by Travis for tying up the woman, I'm thinking Travis himself did it and went back to bed at some point.

Gellar was a real person at some point, probably dead now (a character did say he had been "underground" for some time - and I'm guessing that he's literally underground) and the twist will come in some form like Travis killed him or Gellar was his father or priest or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    god, its getting even worse than i feared, how many old churches can there be in miami where a nutter can torture folks and dress horses without being found

sad to see the show fall apart like this :(
  • Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god, its getting even worse than i feared, how many old churches can there be in miami where a nutter can torture folks and dress horses without being found

Don't really see where you're coming from. Dexter has just discovered who's doing it. The rest of the police have always been useless, but they've even found the Osmos character's site. And who says all of the torturing is being done in a church anyway?
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    It was a better episode this week, but I still get the feeling that this season isn't going to be good. A shame as I thought the first two episodes were great. The religion theme looks like it could be quite a plodding storyline. I agree that a lot of the characters seem redundant now.
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Every... single.. year...

On an unrelated note:
    So who has heard about this spoiler regarding a major return for a previous character at the end of episode 6? The speculation seems to be centred mostly around either Doakes, Lumen or one of Arthur Mitchell's family. Doakes has been rubbished by most though as it was definitively stated that he had been identified via dental records. It's tough to think of who else it could actually be, although I can't see what the plot device behind Lumen or a Mitchell coming back... Anyone got any other ideas?
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,327
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    On an unrelated note:
    So who has heard about this spoiler regarding a major return for a previous character at the end of episode 6? The speculation seems to be centred mostly around either Doakes, Lumen or one of Arthur Mitchell's family. Doakes has been rubbished by most though as it was definitively stated that he had been identified via dental records. It's tough to think of who else it could actually be, although I can't see what the plot device behind Lumen or a Mitchell coming back... Anyone got any other ideas?

One is dead, but of the other two, didn't they show one of them in the recap at the start of the season and the other wasn't included. Now why they'd do that I don't know. Though perhaps they are going to pull a rabbit out of the hat some what, with something that happened in this weeks episode.
    Wild crazy thought time. Intern fired for selling hand online. Now we thought perhaps she's related to Brian previously. However, perhaps Quinn is still digging into Dexter, and for some reason has purchased the hand for someone else to look at and to try and find a link or something. Thus, with his further investigations he brings back one of the Mitchells to try and prove his case against Dexter again?
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only part of this season that I'm struggling with is Deb being the boss. it's just silly.
    Hoping Dexter isn't going to start praying every week now.

I go along with the theory that Travis is imagining Gellar. I think Travis was one of his students and killed him. Would tie in with him going underground a few years ago.
    Killing him probably caused his phycotic break. I'm guessing he used this missing sword as the murder weapon and took it to hide the evidence.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying this season. Sure it's been slow but that's how Dexter always is at the start.

Deb in charge is great.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Deb in charge is great.

but it makes no sense, she only became a detective quite recently. Most (or all) those she works with have more experience (and qualifications) for the boss role.
    But still it's a tv show so I just roll with it.
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    To be fair, she became a detective in S1 and it's now S6 so that's five years (not counting how much time has really passed in the show, as it jumps all sorts of time in the off-air moments). The problem I had is that she's jumped a rank which seems a bit silly to me, but I don't know how the US police force works. I'm glad they've got a new detective in though as I feared they'd just forget that part!
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she became a detective in S1 and it's now S6 so that's five years (not counting how much time has really passed in the show, as it jumps all sorts of time in the off-air moments). The problem I had is that she's jumped a rank which seems a bit silly to me, but I don't know how the US police force works. I'm glad they've got a new detective in though as I feared they'd just forget that part!

She didn't make Detective until the end of Season 3. Even so, there was an unspecified lapse of time between the end of Season 3 + 4, as well as a year between the end of 5 and beginning of 6.
  • IsisIsis Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Tribec wrote: »
    Wild crazy thought time. Intern fired for selling hand online. Now we thought perhaps she's related to Brian previously. However, perhaps Quinn is still digging into Dexter, and for some reason has purchased the hand for someone else to look at and to try and find a link or something. Thus, with his further investigations he brings back one of the Mitchells to try and prove his case against Dexter again?
    The actress who plays the intern is credited as appearing in 7 episodes so we haven't seen the back of her.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone care to pm me a .avi file all i can find are .mkv files this week and i need to put it on a dvd cos my computer screen is rubbish, ta
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant episode, season is really picking up now. The killings so far have been pretty damn awesome.

I've no clue where they're going with Travis/Gellar. I know of the obvious route that most think it'll end up being, only time will tell I guess. And to be quite honest, I'll be shocked if Mike isn't dead by the end of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely someones got an avi file of the last episode or a link at least?
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    daclick wrote: »
    Surely someones got an avi file of the last episode or a link at least?

If you check your Private Messages, all will be well.

Also, damn they need to quickly bring back hot assistant girl :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    its still boring me to tears to be honest, and ive been a fan from day one, feels like we are going round and round in meaningless circles and the script has been written by lazy writers resting on the laurels of established show success

Im disappointed, very. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks jmtd :)
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    its still boring me to tears to be honest, and ive been a fan from day one, feels like we are going round and round in meaningless circles and the script has been written by lazy writers resting on the laurels of established show success

Im disappointed, very. :(

Yep, I tend to agree with your comments. This season really does seem to have 'jumped the shark' so to speak. I loved the first two episodes, but I watched the latest episode last night and whilst it was mildly entertaining it hardly moved me like the Dexter of old.

The theory about Gellar at least seems to be correct else
    why didn't people notice him in the bar and there was a newspaper stand with his picture on it!