Options

What is LN plan for Roxy?

shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 3,864
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After these last few months of Roxy i feel that LN has no idea what to do with her. The changes in her from xmas are immense. I find her unbearable. She butts into Kalfie's business which, despite her relationship with Alfie, has NOTHING to do with her. The way she treats everyone else like they are below her, eg-Kirsty, makes me want to shout at the tv. I feel like LN has tried to change her to make us want Kalfie reunited and as much as we know they will get back together, adding Roxy to mix is stupid. She knows she's being used but continues to saty with Alfie so she has something to have over Kat. The sooner Kalfie reunite the better as im finding Roxy hard to watch. Then hopefully LN can decide what character they want her to be as the minute she's in limbo. One minute she' a sympathetic character then she's a nasty piece of work.

Another thing i dont buy is her love for Alfie. She told him last Mar/Apr she loved him and he told her it would never happen and she got closure. Then started her flirty thing with Max whilst over Alfie. Then all of a sudden Alfie's marriage breaks down and she's telling him 24-48 hours after that she loves him. I dont buy it and i hope when Rolfie break up, which we know they will, she realises she didnt love him and moves on. I couldnt bear a moping Roxy who is doing all she can to get sympathy for being used just because Kalfie are reunited.

Comments

• Options
    Dean LambertDean Lambert Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wondered how she could live in the same building where her dad was murdered
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A fatal accident hopefully.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably to antagonise her and humanise Kat.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be sacrificed at the alter of saint kat the vile slapper,patron saint of STD's.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Probably to antagonise her and humanise Kat.

Bib: Well, that plan is clearly not working for me, if that's the case. Tamwar's demeanour is irksome at the best of times, but Kat's goading of him yesterday is quite revolting to watch.

I'm no fan of Roxy, but I really don't think they needed to stick her in the middle of Kalfie's war. And if the TPTB had to, I don't think they needed to have made her shift from one extreme emotion to another - at once "sympathetic character" and then suddenly "nasty piece of work". You end up not caring for her, unless of course that's supposed to be an unconscious signal for Rita Wilson's exit (since it's EE forte to ruin characters who are leaving:rolleyes:).
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxy should be axed now but only that will happen as Rita wont leave on her own accord.

Herself and Alfie are sadly doomed.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »

A fatal accident hopefully.
    Yes. And hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Bib: Well, that plan is clearly not working for me, if that's the case. Tamwar's demeanour is irksome at the best of times, but Kat's goading of him yesterday is quite revolting to watch.

I'm no fan of Roxy, but I really don't think they needed to stick her in the middle of Kalfie's war. And if the TPTB had to, I don't think they needed to have made her shift from one extreme emotion to another - at once "sympathetic character" and then suddenly "nasty piece of work". You end up not caring for her, unless of course that's supposed to be an unconscious signal for Rita Wilson's exit (since it's EE forte to ruin characters who are leaving:rolleyes:).

I agree with this.
  • Options
    The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rita's contract must be up in May. If I was her I wouldn't bother renewing it because all that Roxy is will be a pawn in the Kalfie reunion in the year 201?

Like people have already said, they want the audience to be more sympathetc towards Kat. They already made the mistake with Ronnie being misread how popular she was and now its Roxy's turn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will renew because of the money. As far as EE is concerned as soon as some of the contracts are up I would want to see a Clearout.

For me Roxy is the best of the 'deadwood'
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    To be sacrificed at the alter of saint kat the vile slapper,patron saint of STD's.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marry her off to a branning because that family needs expanding. As there aren't any single branning men right now they'll probably introduce Jim's brother and his 6 sons.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No friends, no family she's close to, and soon enough no Alfie.

If Roxy lasts another year I'll be very surprised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to ask LN what her plans are for many of the shows now defunct characters but it appears she has no idea herself.
  • Options
    Bomani channingBomani channing Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Rita's contract must be up in May. If I was her I wouldn't bother renewing it because all that Roxy is will be a pawn in the Kalfie reunion in the year 201?

Like people have already said, they want the audience to be more sympathetc towards Kat. They already made the mistake with Ronnie being misread how popular she was and now its Roxy's turn.
    It always makes me laugh when ppl post comments like these.Do you honestly believe rita simons is a thespian thats serious about her craft, inundated with offers? shes lucky to have a job as it is..When her contract is up she will rush at the chance to renew, the only way that wont happen is if they dont want her back..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the show needs is a new Producer to begin with.. LN has failed thus far to make it work..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    What the show needs is a new Producer to begin with.. LN has failed thus far to make it work..
    I really wish they could do as they did with kate harwood/hutchinson where tptb werent concerned about the constant changeover.They saw something wasnt working and pulled the trigger.Which gave us santer who to his credit breath new life to a show that was on its last legs..

Newman is just a placeholder and clearly not a leader but maybe with all the budget cuts shes what they want..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere on here that she's gonna fall pregnant - but Alfie can't have kids....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always makes me laugh when ppl post comments like these.Do you honestly believe rita simons is a thespian thats serious about her craft, inundated with offers? shes lucky to have a job as it is..When her contract is up she will rush at the chance to renew, the only way that wont happen is if they dont want her back..

I said "if I were her". I never said that Rita actually would for the reasons I said :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    I said "if I were her". I never said that Rita actually would for the reasons I said :rolleyes:
    Nice job of backpedaling but it was still a silly comment that cant be rationalized..Shes a limited actress (and i use that term loosely) that has a cushy job in a bad economy if you were her why wouldnt you renew your contract? no one with any common sense would just up and quit due to not wanting to be a pawn in a "soap" love triangle..
  • Options
    royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A one night stand with Joey, before a stolen kiss with with Max, and then an affair with Ian.
  • Options
    LaneKentLaneKent Posts: 2,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should of held on to her mother as they were starting to gel as a double act. It would of opened up other story avenues away from men. Roxy could of been the strong one for a change in that dynamic.

Not watched EE in ages but from what I'm reading on these boards, Roxy is on her way out. That said I said the same about Shirley and she is still there - and they made her really hateful at times 2011-2012. So who knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I've always disliked Roxy so I wouldn't exactly be sorry to see the back of her. I don't really understand the argument that she's being sacrificed for Kat because her being a complete cow is certainly nothing new. Like everyone, she's had her moments, but overall I find her completely vile. She doesn't really have any ties to the Square any longer, other than Phil, and he clearly couldn't care less for her. EE just can't seem to establish her in her own right these days...she's like an old piece of furniture that they move about from place to place when they need someone to fill an empty space.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job of backpedaling but it was still a silly comment that cant be rationalized..Shes a limited actress (and i use that term loosely) that has a cushy job in a bad economy if you were her why wouldnt you renew your contract? no one with any common sense would just up and quit due to not wanting to be a pawn in a "soap" love triangle..

I'm not backpedaling if I quoted myself. What a bizarre thing to say:confused:. If I were her, I would hate the storylines I have been given lately so I would leave. I agree Rita is a limited actress and is now probably typecast as Roxy.

Its not all about common sense. Shes probably loyal and knows her own ability. She may be rejecting offers for all we know (although I highly doubt that). But I have some self respect and I would at least get my agent to look around for another job.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing it seems, she is a secondary character at the best of times, she not Ronnie and without her she pretty much a dud character.