Splash ITV 1 - January 4th 2014 Thread.

occyoccy Posts: 65,137
Forum Member
✭✭
It's back with those celebrities showing off their bodies in the swimwear. The trailers are showing Paul Ross and Ricky Groves who was in Eastenders.

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    And Gemma Collins from TOWIE ^_^
  • Tele_addictTele_addict Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe itv have recommisioned this rubbish. X factor I can just about put up with. Even Strictly Come Dancing I will watch just for Brucie's bad jokes. But diving? Really does anyone care how well these celebrities can dive? I didn't know there was so many different ways of diving. Yawn yawn boring!!
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised - l suppose the rating were good? I bet a lot were asked and turned it down. Who would want to walk around on a Saturday night in Swim gear.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe this has been given a 2nd series but looking at the lineup I can only see one winner and that has got to be Perry from Diversity. Surely his years of dance training and tumbling ability has got to give him a great advantage
    Forum Member
    Can't believe itv have recommisioned this rubbish. X factor I can just about put up with. Even Strictly Come Dancing I will watch just for Brucie's bad jokes. But diving? Really does anyone care how well these celebrities can dive? I didn't know there was so many different ways of diving. Yawn yawn boring!!

I never watched the 1st series so will not be watching this series.

Half naked z listers yuck!!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another programme which makes watching paint dry seem like a good idea.

This was such a god awful programme, why on earth must we be hit with it again?
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only good thing about this is that DS is actually being represented

Can't see this being brought back for a third series, unintentional comedy and car crash TV into one smooth mixture
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemma Merna :)
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I liked the first series much more than I had expected to. I wanted the gorgeous Anthony Ogogo to come back to the 2nd series to finish what he started in the 1st.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times has got this as being extended to 7 episodes this year. No complaints from me but does anyone know who the other "celebrities" appearing in episodes 2-5 are? (Presuming episode 6 is the semi and 7 is the final.)
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    The Radio Times has got this as being extended to 7 episodes this year. No complaints from me but does anyone know who the other "celebrities" appearing in episodes 2-5 are? (Presuming episode 6 is the semi and 7 is the final.)

I don't think ITV have put a list anywhere of who is appearing in each episode (except for the first one this Saturday). I'm not sure if it's in case of any injuries that may occur and some late replacements might be needed.

I do know the following are doing it at some point this series (out of the names I recognised):

Martin Offiah
    Jenni Eclair
    Keith Duffy
    Forum Member
    I noticed in the trailer another TOWIE bloke is in it. Dan I think. Sounds like the whole cast may be in it :o
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The simplest way of stopping shight like this getting a 3rd series is not to watch. if the ratings are crap they wont recommision another one

Whoever thought that this programme was a good idea, needs some serious help. can you imagine all the execs sitting round a table thnking of an ideas for a new programme and somebody thought of this
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting at 7.20pm on ITV. Can't wait to see people jump and dive into a pool of water. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    michaela strachan may be getting on a bit, but still looks good, in a swimsuit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Another programme which makes watching paint dry seem like a good idea.

This was such a god awful programme, why on earth must we be hit with it again?

This had good figures throughout with this quote for the last episode.

The show peaked with its highest audience of the series with 6.6 million viewers watching as the result was announced.
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    This is a sexist show as the camera MEN always seem to focus on the women's boobs, but never the bloke's bulges.

Not fair! :D
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this thread being a hoot last year whilst the show was on. I was in stitches reading some of the comments on here! Looking forward to the running commentary on here later :D
  • smokencheesesmokencheese Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single person who watches this mind-numbing crap should be traced and put down. Just my opinion :)
  • kelvokelvo Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    michaela strachan may be getting on a bit, but still looks good, in a swimsuit.

she does rather...:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the girl from TOWIE. Plus Tom in his skimpy speedos, of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the girl from TOWIE. Plus Tom in his skimpy speedos, of course.

Is your life that sad and meaningless? :confused::confused:
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single person who watches this mind-numbing crap should be traced and put down. Just my opinion :)
    Nah. I think it's safe to say 99% of the people who watch Splash do so purely on the basis that it's crap and they're well aware of that. Besides, at the end of the day, I don't think anyone should be judged 'unworthy' by something as trivial as the kind of TV they watch. With the obvious exception of anyone that watches Big Brother, of course. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is your life that sad and meaningless? :confused::confused:

I think I'm waiting for you to rescue me and take me on a hot date? :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm waiting for you to rescue me and take me on a hot date? :blush:

Pick you up in 30 mins ;-)