Farts - hilarious and meaty, or disgusting and shameful?

ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
Forum Member
✭✭
Ah a classy subject of conversation but me and the other half find farting hilarious. I know that technically you're inhaling shit fumes but the sheer range of sounds, pitch and volume can often bring us to tears of laughter. What type of person are you? Juvenile and find them hilarious, or po-faced and find them quite terrible. We are entirely hypocrit

Comments

• CherumanCheruman Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on the situation. Watching the football at home with your mates: hilarious. At a project board meeting with the senior directors: best to hold it in.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In bed with a special lady (or gentleman) friend .. awkwaaarrrrdd :)

If you're 12, always funny ..
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to Digital Spy 2014.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    vile, vulgar and uncouth unless you`re under ten.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find people who find every fart hysterically funny a puzzle.

Sometimes, farting can be funny but only when its a accident while someone coughs or laughs etc,
    Toilet humour for me is for little kids.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether surprised by a squeak or a parp, or even a last minute octave change........ engage poker face, or blame the cat!
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found a good fart hilarious, and I still do to this day (I'm 61 now). My old boss was a world-class trumper, he could do the loudest, longest ones I've ever heard and I would be reduced to tears of laughter when he did one of his specials. I can burst out laughing just remembering....
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Make a feature of it. Pull the bedclothes up over your heads and let rip. It's known as a Dutch Oven or Dutch Bellows.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not awkward at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    I've always found a good fart hilarious, and I still do to this day (I'm 61 now). My old boss was a world-class trumper, he could do the loudest, longest ones I've ever heard and I would be reduced to tears of laughter when he did one of his specials. I can burst out laughing just remembering....

Good man. I find them funny too!
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely disgusting.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not awkward at all!

Ahh, so that's why you chose that username .. you don't fart, you "Pump Iron" :D
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum loudly farted during a family gathering quite recently. She got up of the chair and let rip. It was loud and everyone heard, but she acted like nothing had happened, until my brother shouted "did you just fart?!". Queue lots of embarrassment for my mum who was annoyed that my brother had drawn attention to her flatulence (which everyone had heard anyway).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, so that's why you chose that username .. you don't fart, you "Pump Iron" :D

Haha that cracked me up! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but I find farting disgusting and vulgar!

Sounding like a Toff here but the one thing I do not miss about my ex-wife is that she broke wind like an Elephant.

Find it a massive turn off and I always say you can hold it and save it for the appropriate room for which is the toilet.

It doesn't make me laugh if someone else drops there guts, the very thought of a guff smell makes me want to vomit!
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always hilarious, always.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can something natural be classed as disgusting and vile?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can something natural be classed as disgusting and vile?

It's called the whiff of stench, which results in vomiting at a 180 degrees!
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love a good fart but after a few pints of Guinness beware of the follow through!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    It's called the whiff of stench, which results in vomiting at a 180 degrees!

Linda?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda?

Linda?

Linda Evans Dynasty Bird?
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What fascinates me is how you can always stand the whiff of your own but anyone else's just makes you want to hurl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    What fascinates me is how you can always stand the whiff of your own but anyone else's just makes you want to hurl.

Save it for the toilet and make sure the window is wide open and don't worry about the neighbours they would respect you more :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cynet wrote: »
    Linda?

Linda Evans Dynasty Bird?

Linda Blair.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite the same but there's a woman who gets down our local club who thinks it's hilarious to burp as loudly as possible and she even does that burping a word thing which is usually the word bollocks. It's just so gross. How anyone can find such a disgusting thing so funny is beyond me.

I guess simple things amuse simple minded people.