Options

BT yahoo emails

Gregg-Pieman9Gregg-Pieman9 Posts: 32,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For my emails I use BT yahoo. Recently though they have changed the way you log in. Now I can't access emails at all. Any ideas how to set up to the new system please

Comments

• Options
    1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you log in via BT home page or Yahoo homepage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1saintly wrote: »
    Do you log in via BT home page or Yahoo homepage?

BT homepage
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »

I tried that, but it won't let me access it
  • Options
    1saintly1saintly Posts: 4,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried that, but it won't let me access it

Go to yahoo homepage and use the mail button on there to log in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1saintly wrote: »
    Go to yahoo homepage and use the mail button on there to log in.

When I go there and enter my email address it says its invalid
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go there and enter my email address it says its invalid

Could that be because BT are no longer using Yahoo as their mail provider and you've been migrated over to the new BT system?

I suspect you might have more success asking this question over on the BT support forum.

https://community.bt.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why change things when they were ok before. Jobs for the boys comes to mind
  • Options
    tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why change things when they were ok before. Jobs for the boys comes to mind
    I suspect you may have lost the address. If you were in the same position as me, then you had to respond by end sept 2013 to keep it.
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you gone through all the various steps here
    https://home.bt.com/pages/email/index2.html

I have a @btinternet.com address and nothing appeared to change except the webmail interface
  • Options
    jay seanjay sean Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I can log in using yahoo.co.uk, but I have set up outlook to get the emails
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    Could that be because BT are no longer using Yahoo as their mail provider and you've been migrated over to the new BT system?.................

I remember BT sending out emails about this at the beginning of the year, or maybe earlier.

Then a few months ago, a long email about how to get ready for the transfer.

I've just logged on to my BT email, via MyBT, and it still says Yahoo Mail at the top of the screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    I remember BT sending out emails about this at the beginning of the year, or maybe earlier.

Then a few months ago, a long email about how to get ready for the transfer.

I've just logged on to my BT email, via MyBT, and it still says Yahoo Mail at the top of the screen.

Not sure how far through the process BT are but from what I've read online they are migrating users over a bit at a time. So possibly they haven't got round to your account yet?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I managed to get my email working, now this week I have a message saying my accounts been hacked, so I have to download a security checker and change my password which I have done but it still won't let me log in
  • Options
    psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week I managed to get my email working, now this week I have a message saying my accounts been hacked, so I have to download a security checker and change my password which I have done but it still won't let me log in

Message from where ? Sounds like it could be a fake phishing email. What exactly were you asked to download?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    Message from where ? Sounds like it could be a fake phishing email.

From BT Yahoo email
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From BT Yahoo email

Are you 100% certain it was from BT Yahoo? And I hope you did not click on any links in the e-mail. And what exactly were you asked to download?