Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28986271

apparently a threat is imminent so time to panic i guess

Comments

• Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Laying foundations for air strikes against ISIS.
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member
    Bit of timely distraction from the government's current woes methinks
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28986271

BBC News wrote:
    Mrs May said there was no intelligence to suggest an attack was "imminent"
    so I guess it's only time for those with no intelligence to panic.
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has the terror threat not been sky high here? in n.ireland anyway
  • Options
    JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    A certain Mr Farage quietly rubbing his hands with glee. This threat of 500 Brits coming home has got to make Cameron veer to the right, or there will be more Carswells.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I lived in London throughout the 70's and 80's, and survived two bombings close by to me. The biggest pain in the arse to everyday people was the removal of rubbish bins. In my opinion it is why London is such a sh****le today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    I lived in London throughout the 70's and 80's, and survived two bombings close by to me. The biggest pain in the arse to everyday people was the removal of rubbish bins. In my opinion it is why London is such a sh****le today

You only have your government to blame for that in fairness, not that I support bombings
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good day to bury bad news.

Government are, if nothing else, consistent.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member

I wasn't aware that Northern Ireland has been at a greater threat of attack in response to events in Iraq and Syria than the rest of the UK, how daft of me not to know that. After all, that is what THIS article is referring to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    In other words America is planning something,so we have to hold their hands and join in. And so begins another 5-6 years of a war of terror.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You only have your government to blame for that in fairness, not that I support bombings

Really. As that is exactly how it comes across.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where you live perhaps

Anyway prepare for some Jihadist induced violence - they must have alot of affection for their adopted homeland.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that Northern Ireland has been at a greater threat of attack in response to events in Iraq and Syria than the rest of the UK, how daft of me not to know that. After all, that is what THIS article is referring to.

I was referring to terror in general, i didn't know every comment in a thread had to be made in response to a linked article
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In other words America is planning something,so we have to hold their hands and join in. And so begins another 5-6 years of a war of terror.

Yup that sounds about right. It really doesn't matter if we leave the EU, we will just become even more subservient to the US.
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite true - removing the bins was a complete overreaction.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good day to bury bad news.

Government are, if nothing else, consistent.

What is the bad news being buried , out of curiosity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    Really. As that is exactly how it comes across.

?
    People were being treated like 3rd class people, what did you expect to happen in this ruthless society?
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hope not. I lost a niece at Enniskillen.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member

Panicking is never the answer...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

Agreed. Have you guys tried finding a bin in a train station? It's bloody impossible.

And on First Great Western, the moment you board the train there's a whole heap of unattended bins anyway, so all that effort has been wasted (although to be fair they're somewhat hidden, so you have to know where to look to find them)....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was referring to terror in general, i didn't know every comment in a thread had to be made in response to a linked article

Surely that is the point of this thread though? It's not talking about terror threats in general, but the increased terror threat due to the barbaric atrocities being carried out in Syria and Iraq. So therefore I would've thought keeping points pertinent to the linked article would be preferable (especially as the link is in the OP), rather than appearing to sideline it by going off at a tangent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck Wao wrote: »

Don't know yet
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »

Or a Russian invasion, perhaps?
  • Options
    Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,159
    Forum Member

They're trying to push Farage's grinning mug off the TV
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Douglas Carswell?