Rose Tyler in 2012

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Eye wrote:
    Yep...but though she hated it at the academy she was a bugger for actually time travelling...as Captain Braxton from the 29th Century found out when all her time medallying and him having to sort it out caused him to go mad (I think it was Captain Braxton anyway...)

And at the end, although she hated temporal mechanics, she used it to devastating effect on the Borg and got them home to boot

Braxton said something like "voyager is involved in an inordanate amoount of temporal paradoxes" as it and janeway were zipping all over everywhen.

Having been off work a week and a bit, I have caught a few on TV, they seem much better now than they did a couple years ago. ***SIGH** I will miss Star Trek
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    salochin wrote:
    And at the end, although she hated temporal mechanics, she used it to devastating effect on the Borg and got them home to boot

Braxton said something like "voyager is involved in an inordanate amoount of temporal paradoxes" as it and janeway were zipping all over everywhen.

Having been off work a week and a bit, I have caught a few on TV, they seem much better now than they did a couple years ago. ***SIGH** I will miss Star Trek
    Can you legitimately disallow "paradox" in Scrabble on philosophical grounds?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you legitimately disallow "paradox" in Scrabble on philosophical grounds?

I nearly had a witty reply to this, but it sort of floated in and out of my head- there one second ad gone the next
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    Evil Eye wrote:
    Yep...but though she hated it at the academy she was a bugger for actually time travelling...
    Maybe Rose will do something similar at the end of this current series, to help the Doctor save the day?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    Evil Eye wrote:
    In away, the entire history of the universe was carried out in it's first instance of existance and we are all just moving forwards through it at our own speed....time travellers are just going through it at different speeds and can go both forwards and back.
    Stop the bus, I want a wee-wee! :D
  • Options
    Unearthly SteveUnearthly Steve Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The way I see it is every event in Doctor Who is in a state of flux. It’s not fixed. So the Dalek Invasion of 2164 did happen, and yet didn’t happen. We see this displayed well in pyramids of mars when Sarah returns to 1980 to find it destroyed. So the unit dating problem is fine, it was the 70s AND it was the 80s. Something must have happened to change history there. To my mind then the only true canonical errors in Doctor Who are those that follow the Doctor’s time time. He/She alone must be consistent.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    edited 25/04/19 - 23:25 #108
    I agree, but do you realise you've replied to a thread whose last post was nearly 14 years ago?!
    :D
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Dave-H wrote: »
    I agree, but do you realise you've replied to a thread whose last post was nearly 14 years ago?!
    :D

Ain't time travel brilliant? :D
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they stayed on Earth long enough her “Dalek” and “Fear Her” selves could have met :tongue:
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way I see it is every event in Doctor Who is in a state of flux. It’s not fixed. So the Dalek Invasion of 2164 did happen, and yet didn’t happen. We see this displayed well in pyramids of mars when Sarah returns to 1980 to find it destroyed. So the unit dating problem is fine, it was the 70s AND it was the 80s. Something must have happened to change history there. To my mind then the only true canonical errors in Doctor Who are those that follow the Doctor’s time time. He/She alone must be consistent.

See, you meant to post this in 2005 but jumped forward in time, so from our pov, you've been missing almost 14 years
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »

See, you meant to post this in 2005 but jumped forward in time, so from our pov, you've been missing almost 14 years

Wobbly wobbly......you all know the rest.