300 on. For the 300 th time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God, Uncle Buck on again.
  • MadBettyMadBetty Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 choose for their daily afternoon film the type of movie that gathers dust on the shelves of video rental shops....the type that True Moves 2 show again and again ad nauseum.
  • Rachel2006Rachel2006 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and Back To The Future III on again x 2000. >:(:(
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV3 loves Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. They at least used to show it constantly
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kindergarten Cop on itv 2 earlier, yet again!
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Films largely just don't do it for the likes of BBC and ITV anymore. ITV especially isn't really a service these days-its wholly a business and if films are shown over and over its because enough people will sit through them over and over. ITV has shown Potter and Bond again and again because of this. Otherwise many big film titles just sink because they have been seen so many times before.
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me be the first to mention Love Actually
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun of the Dead is on tonight, it was on the other night too.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I assume that for one they are cheap filler for 2+ hours and two they have bought the rights so may as well get the most out of them. Mainly do to having too many channels these days so need to fill them with something.

I would like to know the ratings and advert income they get to justify having adbreaks and the entertainment segment in the middle.
    Would it make much difference to just show the full movie?
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The films that i like repeated are the

Back to the Future films

And Total Recall

I can never get bored of those films
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV2 used to have Miss Congeniality and Miss Congeniality 2 on a constant loop
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Shaun of the Dead, but there's no need for it to be repeated again after it was on Thursday night. I noticed BTTF 3 was on earlier as well!
  • ChaseNo1_FanChaseNo1_Fan Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Films largely just don't do it for the likes of BBC and ITV anymore. ITV especially isn't really a service these days-its wholly a business and if films are shown over and over its because enough people will sit through them over and over. ITV has shown Potter and Bond again and again because of this. Otherwise many big film titles just sink because they have been seen so many times before.

The BBC have a great diverse lineup of films. It's just that most are shown very late at night on friday, saturday and sunday's, with them showing their family movies during the day. - which is very repetitive.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohglobbits wrote: »

It was aired instead of The Dark Knight, as is the case on tjis coming Thursday too I think
  • MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With ITV2 there was a time when it seemed every single weekend there was a showing of Beethoven, this must have gone on for several months, but I haven't seen it on for a while now. It was the same with Horrid Henry: The Movie and the Hilary Duff film A Cinderella Story ^_^
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't SKY do this anyway? Only you pay extortion rates for SKY movies whereas you don't pay for ITV (except tv license).
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long until the Harry Potter films are on again ? i'm sure they will return at some point.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've notived the lack of The Holiday on ITV2 recently, im worried
  • RileyScottRileyScott Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    ohglobbits wrote: »

Love Actually is on itv2 on Thursday for the hundredth time!
  • Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Budget Steven Segal movie of him playing a russian - 20 times
    Love Actually 50 times
    The Mummy - Every week
    Th Krays - lost count

It's overtaken Channel 5 and their obsession with Dirty dancing and roadhouse and Van Damme movies.
  • Casper GomezCasper Gomez Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Fuzz and 2 fast 2 furious deserve a mention too.
  • TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on, is ITV's current form anywhere near as bad as Channel 5's old Steven Seagal seasons (which I'm sure lasted nearly a year!) where one of his films was on a few times a week at 9pm?
  • TurbulenceTurbulence Posts: 4,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the days of the 1990s when BBC1 & 2 used to show all kinds of films late at night from 11pm-2am.

I remember 1999 being amazing when Judgment Night, The City of Lost Children and Breakfast Club were all shown in the space of a week. These days it would either be a mainstream film everyone's seen, or a dodgy Peter Cushing horror from 1967.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The sky is falling!