The Next English Sporting Triumph

SamthefootballSamthefootball Posts: 4,420
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you think will be the next big England triumph in sport

Comments

• Mark FMark F Posts: 53,994
    Forum Member
    I know its not England but the Olympics will bring success.

Maybe the cricketers winning the Champions Trophy next year in England.
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    What about 2 englishmen holding the world heavyweight title at the same time? Thats a fantastic achievement. Joshua just defended his title and hopefully Fury can defend his titles against vlad in a few months time.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    What about 2 englishmen holding the world heavyweight title at the same time? Thats a fantastic achievement. Joshua just defended his title and hopefully Fury can defend his titles against vlad in a few months time.

If they do not rush Joshua into a fight with Fury around 18 months down the line we could have two Brits fighting to become the undisputed and undefeated heavyweight champion (I think that both will beat Wilder) - and the winner could go on to be an all time great.

I also think that Jess will defend her Heptathlon gold and England will beat Pakistan in the test series.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ]
    Mark F wrote: »
    I know its not England but the Olympics will bring scfuccess.

Maybe the cricketers winning the Champions Trophy next year in England.

Isn't that team representative of the England and WALES cricket board?
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris Froome winning the Tour de France for the 3rd time (it starts today)

After going a hundred and some years without winning it Brits have now won 3 of the last 4 and Froome is favourite to make it 4 out of 5
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ]

Isn't that team representative of the England and WALES cricket board?

Not only that, but England have had Scotsmen and Irish playing - and indeed captaining - them. really needs sorting out that, especially as Scotland and Ireland compete themselves @ international, but not (yet) Test level.

Maybe Eng/Wales should be the one-day side, and for Tests we compete as Great Britain (UK?) or the British Lions, for the sake of a name?